HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:26 AM
Why kamikaze pilot wear helmet
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Jul 2010
1,088 Posts
Discussion
hitec servos HS-430BH HV for 60 war birds?

OK, I have been flying for some time, but Its time to spend some of my budget on parts. Not the fun part, I would rather have a huge box at my door than a little one that cost more. LOL

Anyways, This winter Im trying to build 4 birds.

CMP Zero 74in with DLE30
GP Super Steerman with DLE30
TF Gaint P47 with DLE55
TF Gaint P40 with DLE55RA

I know there is a huge debate about useing metal gear servos vs nylon, (we all now know to stay away from karbon gears in gassers)

I ask some question a while ago about putting plastic gear servos in a TF Gaint P51 I built and there were a lot of responces to go for it as metal gear servos have only been around for x amount of time, and the fact war birds are not 3D birds, do not have larger control services, and larger throws with lots of stress.

So I built this TopFlight Gaint P51 wth Futaba S3010 wich are plastic Anlong 98oz servos and have tons less slop than my Hitec 645 mg I use on all my othere big birds. They worked great for the year the bird flew, (crashed at a show due to the the 4 cell nicad in my DX8 burning up while flying)

SO I was looking at these Hitec HS-430 HV servos. there new to me, and Im loveing the fact they like 2s lipos, as in the CMP Zero, I use Eflight 60-120 electric Retracts and more power the better they run.

The power is great for the price, they are the same price on Tower Hobbies as Futaba S3004 servos wich only has 57oz vs 69oz and is not 2s compatable.

I was thinking of getting these only for the CMP Zero and GP Stermen.

What do you guys think? Anyone use them before I order 12 of them?

I know they will work in the Stermen as I just traided the GP P17 Steermen that was flying with S148 servos.

S148 Servos / now S3001 rock, but at $9 I can spend $14 each and not break the bank.

But Im still looking for a good cost for the TopFlight Gaints I need to build, I may just get 10 more of the S3010 futaba unless I can find a mg servo in the $22 range.
mikes68charger is online now Find More Posts by mikes68charger
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:53 AM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes68charger View Post
OK, I have been flying for some time, but Its time to spend some of my budget on parts. Not the fun part, I would rather have a huge box at my door than a little one that cost more. LOL

Anyways, This winter Im trying to build 4 birds.

CMP Zero 74in with DLE30
GP Super Steerman with DLE30
TF Gaint P47 with DLE55
TF Gaint P40 with DLE55RA

I know there is a huge debate about useing metal gear servos vs nylon, (we all now know to stay away from karbon gears in gassers)

I ask some question a while ago about putting plastic gear servos in a TF Gaint P51 I built and there were a lot of responces to go for it as metal gear servos have only been around for x amount of time, and the fact war birds are not 3D birds, do not have larger control services, and larger throws with lots of stress.

So I built this TopFlight Gaint P51 wth Futaba S3010 wich are plastic Anlong 98oz servos and have tons less slop than my Hitec 645 mg I use on all my othere big birds. They worked great for the year the bird flew, (crashed at a show due to the the 4 cell nicad in my DX8 burning up while flying)

SO I was looking at these Hitec HS-430 HV servos. there new to me, and Im loveing the fact they like 2s lipos, as in the CMP Zero, I use Eflight 60-120 electric Retracts and more power the better they run.

The power is great for the price, they are the same price on Tower Hobbies as Futaba S3004 servos wich only has 57oz vs 69oz and is not 2s compatable.

I was thinking of getting these only for the CMP Zero and GP Stermen.

What do you guys think? Anyone use them before I order 12 of them?

I know they will work in the Stermen as I just traided the GP P17 Steermen that was flying with S148 servos.

S148 Servos / now S3001 rock, but at $9 I can spend $14 each and not break the bank.

But Im still looking for a good cost for the TopFlight Gaints I need to build, I may just get 10 more of the S3010 futaba unless I can find a mg servo in the $22 range.
Mike these HiTec HS-225MG are a bit more than you were talking about spending but they are light weight and have a good 66.7 oz torque w/ 6V and there$25 each
They need to make some metal gear servos in that range your talking about I've been having the same problem, and your right what were all of the guys doing be for there were all of these choices they used plastic gear servos.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXN667&P=SM
Bruce
splinterz25 is online now Find More Posts by splinterz25
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:43 PM
Why kamikaze pilot wear helmet
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Jul 2010
1,088 Posts
I just think there is a market for a 70oz metal gear servo.

It blows ones mind when the cheapest name brand standard servo with metal gear cost $32.

I love my futaba s3010 with are plastic gear with 90oz for $22 I just wish they came with MG.

But I think thats there selling point, as I just ordered 6 Futaba S3305 wich are 99/124oz with metal gear at $33

I know this dose not sound like a big price diff but it adds up.

Exsample:

Top Flite Gaint P40 needs 7 good servos

S3305 metal gear 99/124oz 7X33= $231
vs
S3010 plastic gear 72/90oz 7x22=$154 wich is $77 diffrance.

So on the topflite gaint I split it, only used metal gear on the elevators.
So 5X22= $110 2X32=$64 = $174 + $9 throttel servo, and $15 retract servo (air retracts),
So my Topflite Gaint War bird Servos cost = $198

Im really excited about these New HS 430BH Servos. I love the fact they have real bearings, and are HV, and only cost $13.50 and with 70oz

The think is when you look at the TopFligt gaint manual for the P51 it says you only need standard 57oz servos. LOL

So same as above if one was to use 7 of these new Servos it would only cost $94 for all 7.

I will try them out, on my GreatPlanes Steerman, and CMP Zero. And let you guys know whats up.
mikes68charger is online now Find More Posts by mikes68charger