SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 17, 2013, 05:31 AM
Ron - AMA 1025
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Aug 2005
301 Posts
8j

Mine is working perfect, I have all 20 planes programmed in and got a 6J as a backup. The 8J is the best deal in radios IMHO. Here's a few of my planes and a Spektrum service center notice I saw.
ronwc is offline Find More Posts by ronwc
Last edited by ronwc; Aug 17, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2013, 03:34 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Jun 2012
242 Posts
My 6J and 8J are working perfectly. No regrets, there is still no radio on the market in this price range I would trust more.
vicrider is online now Find More Posts by vicrider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: scratch fpv pusher
Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:58 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2012
146 Posts
has anyone set up thrust vector on this? I cant figure it out. I have a mig with 12 ch. since there is two motors there will be 3 vector cables. Can someone help me with this nightmare?

ch 1 elev/ailerons right side
ch 2 elev ailerons left side
ch 3 throt
ch 4 rudder/wheel
ch 5 gear
ch 6 flap/slats

ch7?
ch8?

vector up down left
vector up down right
vector left right

slaves?master?switch?
I may be able to use a y cable to ch 5 for both gear and flaps/slats so that when I land I can at least use both.
any help thank you!
tonyrizz is offline Find More Posts by tonyrizz
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:21 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
P65 might help you out. As will http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-10c-2_4ghz-q1078.html

As you have three additional servos and two available channels you'll either need to y the pitch servos together or use s-bus. I'd y them together.

Pmix Rudder to channel aux1 (ch7) for vector left and right. Pmix Elevator to channel aux 2 (ch8) for vector up down. Use a y cable to gang these servos.

Unless you want the vectors to move up and down independently of each other this should work nicely.

If you want them moving up and down independently for roll and side to side for rudder you'll need three channels and you'll need to mix both elevator and aileron into both up and down servos.

The devils in the details so read up and play around with the percentages, offset, endpoints etc...until it's set up how you want it.
DeathHorse is offline Find More Posts by DeathHorse
Old Sep 25, 2013, 01:58 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
I have a T8J that I am using purely for control of a Zenmuse Z15 gimbal

On the gimbal I need to cancel or null ch3 (throttle) as there is no requirement for it. What I want to do with that channel is to assign it now to a 2 or 3 position switch so I can use it for some camera control

Can anyone assist me with making this happen? I have the R2008SB and I need all 8 channels and I just cant reasign CH3 or similar.
boranup is offline Find More Posts by boranup
Old Sep 25, 2013, 06:26 AM
Roseto (Italy)
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
Hello, I need to buy one now to replace an old spektrum Dx6i.
So, can I trust on Futaba T8J ?
Then, I want to drive some small gliders (2meters, like the HK Phoenix) could I have problems with range ?
Thanks
coderzone77 is offline Find More Posts by coderzone77
Old Sep 25, 2013, 06:28 AM
Roseto (Italy)
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Lemmi View Post
I switched from a Spektrum DX7 to the T8J about a month ago. Best thing I ever did!

When I started flying FPV with the DX7 I was having lots of issues with signal loss, sometimes when only 100-200 metres away.

This morning I did an FPV flight with the T8J and it looks like I was getting nearly 2.5 kms. I never once had signal loss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD65vw3HtcY

That's great ! What receiver did you use ?
coderzone77 is offline Find More Posts by coderzone77
Old Sep 25, 2013, 01:52 PM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderzone77 View Post
Hello, I need to buy one now to replace an old spektrum Dx6i.
So, can I trust on Futaba T8J ?
Then, I want to drive some small gliders (2meters, like the HK Phoenix) could I have problems with range ?
Thanks
I have had no problem with range what so ever with my t8j.
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Sep 26, 2013, 05:46 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boranup View Post
I have a T8J that I am using purely for control of a Zenmuse Z15 gimbal

On the gimbal I need to cancel or null ch3 (throttle) as there is no requirement for it. What I want to do with that channel is to assign it now to a 2 or 3 position switch so I can use it for some camera control

Can anyone assist me with making this happen? I have the R2008SB and I need all 8 channels and I just cant reasign CH3 or similar.
Not shure what youre trying to accomplish, but eg. using SWB as 2-way: Go to the menu 3/3 and enter THR-CURVE. Set the mix to ON and chose SW>B and set it to desired position. Set all throttle points, P-1 to P-5 to eg. 100%. Then flip the switch and set the points to eg. 0%. Exit and go to the SERVO screen and check your throttle channel moves between the endpoints when flipping SWB, regardless of THR stick position. Note that the servo screen shows values from -100 to +100 which equals the thr curve from 0% to 100%.
numnutchris is online now Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Sep 26, 2013, 06:56 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Numnutchris = legend
boranup is offline Find More Posts by boranup
Old Oct 03, 2013, 11:09 PM
Flying Low
Joined Mar 2012
592 Posts
Ok looking for some help now. I'm trying to setup everything for a 55cc Cap 232 and having some trouble. Running seperate servos on the ailerons and elevator. Setup the flaperon mix and have the ailerons working perfect but trying to get the elevators to work is a different story. I was told I need to create a p-mix. I have been trying but can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be great.
Old Oct 04, 2013, 08:23 AM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2002
154 Posts
The easiest thing to do is use Alivator with the aileron throws set to zero. Pay very close attention to the channel your plugging the second servo into. It depends on the receiver you are using.

You can also plug the second elevator servo into the gear channel and mix master -> Elevator to Slave -> Gear....
astropuppy is offline Find More Posts by astropuppy
Old Oct 04, 2013, 09:29 AM
Flying Low
Joined Mar 2012
592 Posts
Ok thanks. I think I might have it figured out now after stepping away and looking over things again. I had not thought of changing the rate on the ailvator so I might try that as well.
Old Oct 04, 2013, 06:10 PM
Flying Low
Joined Mar 2012
592 Posts
Got the P-mix working thanks.