HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
United States, CT, Plainville
Joined Aug 2012
137 Posts
Help!
Aileron trim .

I don't know how to explain this clearly so forgive me if it's confusing. This is one servo for 2 ailerons left and right.
I made them both neutral adjusting horns and linkages. I made sure the servo arm is 90 degrees. Everything lines up perfect but when I push my stick right the ailerons barely move. When I give it left they move quite a bit. In the right directions mind you. Can I adjust the servo with the Tx like the ATV or EPA option so the servo moves more on right turn? What can I do to fix?
jsf135pal1 is offline Find More Posts by jsf135pal1
Last edited by jsf135pal1; Oct 19, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, NY, Eldred
Joined Jun 2012
663 Posts
Was your servo centered before you attached the servo horn? What radio are you using? When you say it moves right with stick left, do you mean right as in correct or as if the plane would bank to the right?
kimchiyuk is online now Find More Posts by kimchiyuk
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:58 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,746 Posts
Disconnect the linkages from the servo, and check if the servo arms move the same distance either side of neutral when you give stick input. If they don't, there may already be something programmed in your transmitter, such as EPA, which is making the servo act differently in each direction. Temporarily plug your aileron servo into, say, the elevator channel to see if it moves the same when you control it with that stick instead.

With the linkages still disconnected, move the ailerons by hand to make sure there's nothing physically stopping movement of one (or both) of them in one direction. Also check if the horns on the ailerons are at right angles, and the same length as each other.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:16 PM
Gustavus, OH
Joined Oct 2007
490 Posts
When you set the EPA (end point adjustment), you must set it for each direction. Hold the stick left to set left, then hold right to set right. I'm pretty sure this is your problem....I've done it before myself

Cliff
cliffh is offline Find More Posts by cliffh
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:59 PM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,141 Posts
It would help you to get the correct answer if you told what brand and version of transmitter you are using. Quite a difference between many of them.
Rodney is online now Find More Posts by Rodney
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:45 PM
United States, CT, Plainville
Joined Aug 2012
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn View Post
Disconnect the linkages from the servo, and check if the servo arms move the same distance either side of neutral when you give stick input. If they don't, there may already be something programmed in your transmitter, such as EPA, which is making the servo act differently in each direction. Temporarily plug your aileron servo into, say, the elevator channel to see if it moves the same when you control it with that stick instead.

With the linkages still disconnected, move the ailerons by hand to make sure there's nothing physically stopping movement of one (or both) of them in one direction. Also check if the horns on the ailerons are at right angles, and the same length as each other.
That's exactly what it it was. I thought I cleared them all because everyhting else was fine, Thanks.
jsf135pal1 is offline Find More Posts by jsf135pal1
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
United States, CA, Hidden Valley Lake
Joined Aug 2002
47 Posts
When setting up a new plane on a transmitter it is very important
that you clear out all of the previous plane's settings.
Check your manual and see if there is a way to do this automatically.
Trying to do it manually you are apt to miss something.
As complex as the new radios are getting there is so much available
to us to adjust. Little things can make a big difference.

These are words of a catastrophic first flight lesson.

Good Luck,
KW_Counter
kw_counter is offline Find More Posts by kw_counter