HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:30 PM
Deutschland, Berlin
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
I forgot the connectors...

Also a cool thing to forget is to remove the dust protecting piece of tissue in the engines exhaust when installing the muffler. Then usually follow hours of upset Propeller turning and wondering why this F*****G engine wont start.

Regards !
flyinglog is offline Find More Posts by flyinglog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:13 PM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2010
312 Posts
I'm right there with the rest of ya, I've forgot the fuel, glow ignitor, lines and handle. However, last summer...labour day long weekend...I had a day which has topped all of my "D'uh" moments so far. This one day will make you guys feel better about your whoopsies.

So I spend a week going full steam getting a slope soaring glider ready for the long weekend. When the weekend arrives, there is NO wind at all. No big deal, quickly install a towhook and lets head to the club field and aerotow the new glider. At least then we can see how she flies right Problem one, get to the field and start getting the towplane and glider ready, and discover that we had programmed the glider into the same transmitter as the tug. Crap, well, lets fly the other glider then. Oh shoot, problem two, forgot the plug in horizontal stabs at home for that one....now what?? Well, re-program the radio from glider # 2 to be able to fly the tug, and go back to plan "A" and test the new glider.

All right, off we go......

First flight, climbing out well and the throttle stops responding on the towplane, and then the engine quits altogether. Okay, release glider and deadstick....what the heck...glider won't release Well, now we are deadsticking the tug with the glider still attached, this is awkward!! After the resulting crash, we discover that the throttle servo had broken free of its mounts....not sure how, and therefore wasn't actually doing anything. So, load the towplane and radio in the truck to run home (20min drive), quickly reattach the servo and quickly repair some minor crash damage (aileron servo broke free, landing gear damaged), re-rig throttle and ailerons. Back to the field we go. Get the tug back out on the runway, glider on the towline, wheres the tug radio??? Crud, its still on the bench from re-rigging the controls after repiars. Back home we go again, now slightly flustered and angry.

Finally, back at the field and all is going well. After some great glider towing and other assorted fun, lets get the control line out to nicely finish the day as the sun is going down. Ummm, where is the C/L plane?? I thought you loaded it in your truck...nope, i thought you put it in yours....phone the wife, she says..........

"I was wondering why you left this airplane in the middle of the living room

Boy, did we all feel like a bunch of big time "maroons" that day. At least we did get some good flying in.
stardustertoo is offline Find More Posts by stardustertoo
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:00 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
445 Posts
Well startduster... so far it looks like you just may have earned today's "King Of The Maroons" award!!!

I'm not feeling so maroonish about my fudge up after all!
LA Ming is offline Find More Posts by LA Ming
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:31 AM
Western KY
Joined Sep 2003
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustertoo View Post

This one day will make you guys feel better about your whoopsies.
Thanks, Starduster --- I feel better now.

You seem to have managed to get about as many "Oh, cr@p!" moments into one day as possible.

andrew
Andrew0820 is online now Find More Posts by Andrew0820
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:40 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2010
312 Posts
Well, at least we were all able to sit down that evening and have a pretty good chuckle. Looking back on it all is pretty funny now
stardustertoo is offline Find More Posts by stardustertoo
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Jan 2009
130 Posts
Starduster

Stardustertoo, Did you build a full size Starduster Too? I am the builder of a Starduster One, just sold it last August. No longer fly full scale. Logair
logair8452 is offline Find More Posts by logair8452
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Jan 2009
130 Posts
Starduster

Stardustertoo, Did you build a full size Starduster Too? I am the builder of a Starduster One, just sold it last August. No longer fly full scale. Logair8452
logair8452 is offline Find More Posts by logair8452