HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
That's what SHE said!

Personally, when they think it's small, I try to keep those comments as secret as possible. You, however ... Now we know...

Now we know.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,065 Posts
Must not type response... must not go any deeper into the gutter!
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:22 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,581 Posts
Thanks for the help
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:15 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Personally, when they think it's small, I try to keep those comments as secret as possible. You, however ... Now we know...

Now we know.

-Eric
Alas, poor Eric his words betray him still.............
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
David22...... How's things in Canada these days? Have you successfully stopped drinking beer? How's the gout? Do you have any snow yet? Are you planning on flying off the snow this winter? Take care my friend!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:38 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy do you have any ski's for your tigermoth.
I'm beginning to wonder, if I need any winter I may just have to head to the UP.
The temps here have been very mild, but we have had some wind.
I got the Green Machine's motor back on.
I really couldn't find anything wrong in the carb so I put her back together.
I'll probally wait till saturday before firing her up. My apt manager has already complained in the past about my large gas powered airplanes.
Our weather is starting to look good for sunday flying. Forcast says mid 50's winds less than 10 mph.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
No skis yet Kerwin.......I plan on a powder landing though! We too have had a mild winter thus far........the Houghton Canal isn't even fully frozen over yet!!! The ponds that I fly off of (I think I drove you by there when you were here) are unsafe to walk on so flying is limited! I have been using my batteries in the drill/drivers though........putting those electrons to good use!

Vic's Cabins is closed for the season.......so if you come bring a thick wallet full of that southern money!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:13 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
This might be usefull to some.

I have a Black and Decker drill driver. It had a bunch of NiCd batteries and of course, they have all died. I liked this driver when it worked and I have not seen one like it.

I found a 1000mAh, 2S battery to fit - well almost - and it is back in service. It is not perfect but at least I have my driver back. I am not sure how long it will last on one charge but for now, it works.

I may look at making it easier to access the battery for recharging. I have to remove a screw right now.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Dec 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
edited cause it won't do a smiley face!!!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
edited cause it won't do a smiley face!!!

SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:46 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I found a 1000mAh, 2S battery to fit - well almost - and it is back in service. It is not perfect but at least I have my driver back. I am not sure how long it will last on one charge but for now, it works.
I have a Ryobi Drill I bought to build a garage in 2002, had 2 bats, great drill. Over 5-6 years time the batteries were getting bad, they no longer made them. Ordered a replacement on line from a battery company. When I got it, I stood proud, great price, free shipping and I snapped the battery in, held up the drill and pointed it at my family and said "Sweet my drill is.... Son of a beach!"

Seems the replacement batterys were in a case made for the drill but the latch didnt line up.... fell out on my foot. <bun of a stitch>
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I have a Ryobi Drill I bought to build a garage in 2002, had 2 bats, great drill. Over 5-6 years time the batteries were getting bad, they no longer made them. Ordered a replacement on line from a battery company. When I got it, I stood proud, great price, free shipping and I snapped the battery in, held up the drill and pointed it at my family and said "Sweet my drill is.... Son of a beach!"

Seems the replacement batterys were in a case made for the drill but the latch didnt line up.... fell out on my foot. <bun of a stitch>
That was a Kodak moment!!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

Bummer. I have a lot of Ryobi power tools. All the nicd batteries died. I sprung for the Liions and they are standing tall, even after 4 years. I did have one of the smaller packs (came with another drill I bough a couple of years ago) that would not charge recently. I plan to open it up and see if I can put something else in there. The big liions are pricey but they have really held up well.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:37 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
Quote:
how much will you pay me to come and maiden it for you and if it crashes plowboy can buy it so he has a plane
Ignored LOL

How did we go from that to drill batteries LOL Its ok I'm sure the wife would tell me I don't have the money go on such a journey anyway lol

DOG that was a Kodak moment lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:39 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
I got good service out of the originals. I ended up taking the bats out of the new misfit pack, putting them in one of my old packs and it work much safer then. Here 5 or so years later, being my only pack it was getting weak I just left it go and bought a new skill with the Lion battery. Very nice, charges fast, very light but.... wiat for it.... the battery is too light to hold the drill upright sitting on the bat... so it falls over enough I just lay it flat...

The ryobi is still good, it came with a mini 5 inch circular saw and a flash light, to the bat is on the flash light, the saw was limited to thin ply and such, never got use.... We thinking about powering it with a supply and making a small hobby table out of it.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy