HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08charger3.5 View Post
I didnt realize birds were so mean.
lol... Birds are crazy. we actually had a Goldfinch seem to stalk us. we would be in the kitchen and he would be sitting out on the windosill looking in, then if you walked into the bedroom, there he would be, sitting in the window looking, then in the living room, he would soon be there on the door latch, looking in. Creepy! Cat birds are the worst.. they dive bomb you if you get near their territory!
zacker is offline Find More Posts by zacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:39 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Zacker: thats kinda kool, Yet in a spooky way. ha ...Sounds like a bird that just demands attention.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:57 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Not so much my helicopters, but my plane(s)? There's this Hummingbird that goes after my planes like it's PISSED! Even the big planes, no doubt THE bravest bird I've ever seen...HAWKS won't even get as close as that little Hummingbird will...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:12 AM
Barcelos - Portugal
Joined Apr 2003
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacker View Post
lol... Birds are crazy. we actually had a Goldfinch seem to stalk us. we would be in the kitchen and he would be sitting out on the windosill looking in, then if you walked into the bedroom, there he would be, sitting in the window looking, then in the living room, he would soon be there on the door latch, looking in. Creepy! Cat birds are the worst.. they dive bomb you if you get near their territory!
LOL

I laughed real hard reading this post... but then I realized that I was the only one laughing because I was also the only one who read Goldfish instead of Goldfinch!!!
J Fonseca is offline Find More Posts by J Fonseca
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Zacker: thats kinda kool, Yet in a spooky way. ha ...Sounds like a bird that just demands attention.
It actually was cool, we get lots of curious creaturs hanging out around the house... heres creepy bird...

Kitchen Window: "Hey man, whatcha cookin' ?"

Bedroom Window: "Put down the camera, pick up the thistle seed. NOW!"

Bedroom again:
"You have to come out sooner or later camera-boy, I got all day, I can wait!!

Door:
" I see you in there, Unless you really want to wash your cars again, I suggest you get out here and fill the feeder!"

we also had a tree frog who would climb up and stick on the window of the kitchen door for hours... I like to think it was just hanging out, watching TV but Im sure it was eating up all the flys that were flying around because of the light.

zacker is offline Find More Posts by zacker
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
funny pix, thanks for posting
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,382 Posts
in the 1st pic he's like, "come on out of your house and fight, puss. I ain't leavin"
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,524 Posts
FWIW, I've soared with Turkey Buzzards...Some times they would join me in a thermal and other times I would go join them (motor off when approaching). They never seemed to mind either way. Seems most prevalent in spring & fall. Around here they usually do so in large groups... My Cularis kinda gets lost in the group sometimes.
I have soared with the occasional hawk, but they ALWAYS seems to stay 180 degrees from the plane in a thermal... always keeping an eye on it I'm guessing.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Zacker: lol..Thats awsome. Does he do this everyday ? He even looks like a bird with alot of personality..ha ( great pictures)
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,783 Posts
Love the finch pics, thanks for sharing.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
Newbie but coming on fast
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Jun 2012
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
It was never my intention to recreate a hummingbird, and I don't appreciate an "ornithologist" explaining to me what I did wrong.
Larry, first I am no ornithologist. Second, I was not trying point out anything wrong, simply that our hummingbirds are of different colors, and if they were the same, I too would have the problem as the canopy on my 120 SR is also orange and yellow.

I certainly did not expect such an attack and do not appreciate it. From other comments, it sounds like you were the only one to misinterpret my post.
KYChopper is offline Find More Posts by KYChopper
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:58 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2012
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Fonseca View Post
LOL

I laughed real hard reading this post... but then I realized that I was the only one laughing because I was also the only one who read Goldfish instead of Goldfinch!!!
The first time I read Goldfish too on that reply. I had to read it again to realize Goldfinch the bird. Lol
08charger3.5 is offline Find More Posts by 08charger3.5
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:38 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacker View Post
It actually was cool, we get lots of curious creaturs hanging out around the house... heres creepy bird...
Look on the bright side, round here we have birds that do that, then get bored and chew on the window sills (cockatoos) or rip the putty out of the window frames if you dont feed them.

Much louder too
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
Last edited by desertstalker; Oct 18, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:51 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Good thread. I got crazy squirrels here that just have to run across the path of my helis when close to the ground, really throws my attention off and then I try to buzz the little and almost fly into a tree. And sometimes I get these nasty horse flys that bite, I dont think they like the noise, those things are nuts and hurt. However no bird encounters, yet .
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:09 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Good thread. I got crazy squirrels here that just have to run across the path of my helis when close to the ground, really throws my attention off and then I try to buzz the little and almost fly into a tree. And sometimes I get these nasty horse flys that bite, I dont think they like the noise, those things are nuts and hurt. However no bird encounters, yet .
Flies are the worst when they land on your hand and walk around while you're trying to fly. I have to itch where the fly lands on my hands, I hate that feeling of little legs crawling on me. Sometimes the same fly will drive me so crazy, I have to land, but by then he's gone.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz