HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by The Slip
Joined Oct 2010
126 Posts
Help!
Lynx 4s Firmware Update Help!!

To start off, while I am liking the Lynx 4s I do feel that Hitec has dropped the ball on this radio overall. An example is, how to perform a firmware update! I don't know if there is a specific procedure to follow but below is what I end up with and am unsure what to do next. Maybe it's an issue on the Hitec's end but I just don't know. Yes, I'm using the HPP-22 programmer.

P.S.- Can you include the ability to use/program one of the trim/dial keys to adjust the idle when "idle up" mode is enabled on the next firmware update? It's a major pain to have to go into the idle-up menu while my kit is running to adjust the idle up or down. I may as well use the throttle trim which would defeat the point of the idle up feature in the first place.
The Slip is offline Find More Posts by The Slip
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team Hitec, Customer Support
United States, CA, Poway
Joined Oct 2007
22,684 Posts
What operating system are you using?
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:41 PM
Joined Oct 2010
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
What operating system are you using?
Windows 8.1 Pro. Thanks!

It was a nightmare just to get the program to work in the first place as I had to hunt down a missing MSWINSCK.OCX file I needed, as well as figuring how to register that file.........that alone took me 2hrs!! EDIT- No wait, I that was a problem I had with the Lynx 4s music application, something for a different thread.
Last edited by The Slip; Sep 18, 2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 03:00 PM
United States, CA, Poway
Joined Oct 2007
22,684 Posts
Make sure you disable User Account Controls before you install the HPP-22 software. The UAC causes some kind of bug to appear if they are enabled.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 08:01 PM
Joined Oct 2010
126 Posts
Quote:
Make sure you disable User Account Controls before you install the HPP-22 software. The UAC causes some kind of bug to appear if they are enabled.
Well, In Windows 8, disabling UAC via menu still doesn't disable it 100%. One needs to go the registry route for that which I'll admit would require a walk through for me.

For the sake of trying, I will delete the HPP-22 software tonight, disable UAC via it's menu, reinstall HPP-22 then report back. I REALLY do hope you were on the ball here and all gets resolved
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:20 PM
Joined Oct 2010
126 Posts
Just an update: My UAC settings were already set to "never notify". Must have changed this in the past, don't recall as I mostly use my smartphone.

I really want to get this resolved.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 07:15 AM
Joined Oct 2010
126 Posts
Okay, I finally got this dang thing to work. I went ahead and contacted Hitec support and while I wasn't given advice as to how to get things working, I was steered in the right direction. Basically, after about two hours research, I ended up deleting the .net framework files off my computer and reinstalling them off the Microsoft webpage. While I still ran into the same issue as above after several attempts to update the Lynx 4s software post .net framework reinstall, it did FINALLY work out of the blue. Hope others don't go through this nightmare but in fairness, it was a Windows issue.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:31 AM
United States, CA, Poway
Joined Oct 2007
22,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slip View Post
Hope others don't go through this nightmare but in fairness, it was a Windows issue.
Sorry about all of that, it can happen once in a blue moon (or in last nights case, a Super Blood Moon ) and the unfortunate thing is it's typically out of our ability to help. We can run through some basic checks and help steer you in the right direction but in these rare instances, we can only be of so much help.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
126 Posts
Quote:
Sorry about all of that, it can happen once in a blue moon (or in last nights case, a Super Blood Moon ) and the unfortunate thing is it's typically out of our ability to help. We can run through some basic checks and help steer you in the right direction but in these rare instances, we can only be of so much help.
After going through this process, I don't understand why one must first download the HPP-22 software only to then have the Lynx 4s specific software downloaded onto one's PC. I think a much option would be if Hitec would just provide the Lynx 4s firmware application download directly on their webpage (just as in the HPP-22 case). This would eliminate much of the potential issues users may encounter in general. Either way we need use the HPP-22 dongle so it's not like that's being eliminated! Just a thought.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 02:54 PM
United States, CA, Poway
Joined Oct 2007
22,684 Posts
It's the primary control interface for the HPP-22 so you must use the HPP-22 software before you can use the updating components.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:49 PM
Joined Oct 2010
126 Posts
Quote:
It's the primary control interface for the HPP-22 so you must use the HPP-22 software before you can use the updating components.
That's understood but the HPP-22 primary software doesn't really do anything other than provide a portal to the Lynx 4s specific firmware update program. It's an unnecessary step and makes no sense when the Lynx 4s update software could easily be provided via link at the Hitec webpage. Having to download the HPP-22 program when it will be used ONCE and never again (in the case of Lynx 4s owners) is wasting the end users time.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by txt killer
Joined Apr 2008
1,743 Posts
I am having the same problem with win 10. what do I do?
I got it to work some how????? Now I have 1.03 firmware!!!!!
SO you must install the software first, connect radio to interface with radio turned on to confirm which version you have. then it will download update and follow prompts.
txt killer is offline Find More Posts by txt killer
Last edited by txt killer; Dec 28, 2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2016, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by Gonzo 1971
This is BAT country!
United States, MI, Ovid
Joined Nov 2003
1,058 Posts
Just being able to load software through the MicroSDcared would be great. To require a $30 adapter to do this is crazy in this day and age.
Gonzo 1971 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo 1971