Old Feb 08, 2016, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by DiederikHarkema
Fear only fear in life
South Africa, GP, Roodepoort
Joined Jan 2013
1,578 Posts
Well, took it up for a 5 min flight before taking the kids to school and the "out-of-the-box" settings were good. No jello, no horizon drift Just a few micro vibrations when doing "violent" maneuvers. If I fly the way I fly when I do AP the gimbal performs 100% the way it should.

I am glad that after reading the negative here I still decided to buy it. One has to remember, they sell 1000's of these things, having a few people complain here does not make it a bad product.
DiederikHarkema is online now Find More Posts by DiederikHarkema
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2016, 02:39 AM
Find More Posts by Jcflippen
United Kingdom, Cardiff
Joined Feb 2013
593 Posts
I think it is luck of the draw, a lottery. A combination of all things coming together, right motors/airframe /gimbal . I've had a number of gimbals including the DYS that I could not get good results from. Then 'voila' a Tiny2 gives me super results out of the box.
I am pleased you have now found success it's a great feeling - all part of the learning process.
Jcflippen is online now Find More Posts by Jcflippen
Old Feb 09, 2016, 03:06 AM
Find More Posts by blackbrabus
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
4,940 Posts
Anyone modified or designed a new camera mount for the runcam 2?
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Feb 09, 2016, 03:11 AM
Fear only fear in life
Joined Jan 2013
1,578 Posts
I believe that a well setup MR will yield good results and with tune-able boards the other can be sorted, but yes sometimes you get a bunch that is just crap. Coming back to my 680.........

After every ten flights i go through the whole thing, check that props are balanced screws are tight, no wires flopping around, check that the FC is still in position 100%. I do not aim to please the profesional market with my videos but me, friends and family although i have many friends in the film industry always commenting on the quality coming from the drone and Gopro.
Old Feb 09, 2016, 06:03 AM
Find More Posts by Witterings
Beware Of The Shills !!!
Chichester Sussex
Joined Aug 2007
2,912 Posts
I have one in full working order that I'd probably sell if anyone was interested ... if so drop me a PM.
Witterings is offline Find More Posts by Witterings
Old Feb 14, 2016, 07:15 AM
Fear only fear in life
Joined Jan 2013
1,578 Posts
Blueprint, I had my settings 99% correct but roll kept on giving me a few problems in strong wind. Loaded your roll settings as everything was almost the same and my roll issues are history.

if some-one still monitors here please see if you can help. This is my 4th gimball and my manual pitch always worked well, if I turn down and decide to bring it back up before it reached all the way down it would start going back. This one first finishes the first command and then only follows the second command, iow even though I told it to go back before it reaches the original point it will first go to the original point before it comes back. Besides that it is SLOW in changing pitch.

If you have any ideas or suggestions please help.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
Joined May 2012
1,121 Posts
I've not played with the DYS for ages, so cant remember much about setting it up, But it sounds like it could be the RC settings.. Try looking in the RC Settings Tab in the GUI and Look at Angle mode and Speed mode settings. I believe LPF May be a delay in it following the command.
Angle Mode follows the position of your Slider/Pot and speed mode uses the amount of movement of the Slider/pot to determine how quick it moves and LPF is like a delay in doing it..

Like I said Its been a while so may be wrong, but thats how i remember it.. Good luck
HexaFlexa is offline Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
Old Feb 14, 2016, 08:49 AM
Fear only fear in life
Joined Jan 2013
1,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexaFlexa View Post
I've not played with the DYS for ages, so cant remember much about setting it up, But it sounds like it could be the RC settings.. Try looking in the RC Settings Tab in the GUI and Look at Angle mode and Speed mode settings. I believe LPF May be a delay in it following the command.
Angle Mode follows the position of your Slider/Pot and speed mode uses the amount of movement of the Slider/pot to determine how quick it moves and LPF is like a delay in doing it..

Like I said Its been a while so may be wrong, but thats how i remember it.. Good luck
Thanks, I have played around in the RC settings but not with LPF, I am going to play with that a bit, both in angle and in speed mode.

Just have to wait a little while until the cricket game has finished. Hopefully we can win the ODI series seeing we lost the test series against you guys
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by geostyl
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Jan 2016
65 Posts
Hello, can I get some directions on setting up and calibrating this gimbal? Directing me to write-up on software and suggested settings would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to this.

Thanks!
geostyl is offline Find More Posts by geostyl
Old Feb 23, 2016, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by andyritchie
United Kingdom, Cruden Bay
Joined Jan 2016
112 Posts
Hi folks, I am just wondering if anyone knows how I can control the gimbal turning with my Phantom FC40? I have control of the pitch but the gimbal will start to turn on it's own as I am flying, is there any way I can install a pot on my transmitter to control the movement of the gimbal?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Andy.
andyritchie is offline Find More Posts by andyritchie
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by avman180
Joined Apr 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcous View Post
Hi,
I was one of the people who had the USB fall off.
My issue was that it was not soldered to the board by the 2 mounting tangs, it was fitted dry !!. Bad quality control by dys. The only thing holding it to the board was the 4 micro connections and after 4 hook ups to the computer they fractured. It would of happened to anyone and supporting the cable would not have helped. I urge everyone to check their boards for this problem because it will make the board useless if you are still in the process of tuning it !!
So I'm guessing that this can't be repaired as it's just happened to me?
avman180 is offline Find More Posts by avman180
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
Joined May 2012
1,121 Posts
Most likely no... But it may be possible if your soldering skills are good and the tracks are not too damaged..
This was a known problem with the DYS and many added extra support to the USB with Hotglue or similar .
HexaFlexa is offline Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
Old Mar 22, 2016, 07:39 AM
Find More Posts by andyritchie
United Kingdom, Cruden Bay
Joined Jan 2016
112 Posts
what weight of camera is this gimbal designed to carry? I'm asking because my camera is quite light and I am having problems getting the gimbal set up properly and I am wondering if it could be that the camera is too light?!

Regards,

Andy.
andyritchie is offline Find More Posts by andyritchie
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:50 PM
Fear only fear in life
Joined Jan 2013
1,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geostyl View Post
Hello, can I get some directions on setting up and calibrating this gimbal? Directing me to write-up on software and suggested settings would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to this.

Thanks!
You need to read this thread or use the search, the information is all in here
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:51 PM
Fear only fear in life
Joined Jan 2013
1,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyritchie View Post
Hi folks, I am just wondering if anyone knows how I can control the gimbal turning with my Phantom FC40? I have control of the pitch but the gimbal will start to turn on it's own as I am flying, is there any way I can install a pot on my transmitter to control the movement of the gimbal?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Andy.
Did you calibrate your gimbal?