New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2016, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by Parkk
Near Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2008
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exf3bguy View Post
I'm pretty much the school of thought that lighter is always better. That's why I peeled the decals off and sprayed a very light paint graphic. The decals weighed a full ounce. The weight savings between the 1300 and 850 is another 1.5 ounce. The Calypso will handle light breeze just fine and I have not had the opportunity to fly in any real wind that may require I throw in the 1300. We may have different requirements though as like I said I use mine for ALES contests only and even when I practice I only run the motor for 30 seconds per flight.
Thanks for the idea! I removed all the decals except a few on the fus. I didn't put a scale to it but I can tell a difference in how it feels!
Parkk is offline Find More Posts by Parkk
to remove ads between posts