Old Jul 12, 2016, 03:12 AM
Find More Posts by Kgross144
Joined Jul 2016
1 Posts
Discussion
Can anybody help me with these vaneaxial fans?

Here they are. I have 4 of them. Also pictured is the box I found them in. The box is addressed to Vought Aeronautics Grand Prairie, Texas from the Goodyear Aerospace Corporation Akron, Ohio. Cannot find any information on them other then what is on the labels on the side of each one. I am curious what they were used for , what they could be used for (rc hovercraft? Drone?) and just any general information anyone may have on them. I cannot find much via google and i am a total newb at this. This is my first post... on any forum...ever. Please forgive me.... Go easy.... Any information is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. Take care everyone.
Kgross144 is offline Find More Posts by Kgross144
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2016, 03:54 AM
Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,477 Posts
They are aircraft parts and look very similar to some toilet vent fans which are/were fitted to some aircraft. You'll struggle to use them for modelling purposes as they require 200 Volts 3 phase AC to run.
GordonTarling is online now Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Jul 12, 2016, 05:54 AM
Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
I am a nice guy! Really!
Joined Aug 2013
2,163 Posts
The 6643 stamp says they were made in the 43rd week of 1966. The 400 cps (cycles per second) backs that date up. We call it Hz these days. They are definitely aircraft parts as that is the frequency used by aircraft power systems.
Mike Dubovsky is offline Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
Old Jul 12, 2016, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
homo ludens modellisticus
Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
13,612 Posts
And as such they won't withstand RC rpms.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren