Old Sep 30, 2008, 09:52 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Discussion
Seattle Flt Report for 9-30-08

Hi Guys,

After 2 days of wind blowing like mad, it calmed down today and was quiet. I got to the alternate field late in the afternoon. The wind was 0-2 mph variable, 68 degrees, scattered clouds. See photo. Steve came by to fly as well. I was flying when he arrived. There should have been some lift, considering the conditions. We both flew around for 30 minutes and didn't find any. We landed and took a break to talk flying stuff. On the second round of flying I took off first. Steve took this shot of my launch. Omega's away !!! See photo. He went to launch and his motor was acting very bad. It was very hard to turn. Turns out it was a bad bearing installation. I continued to fly for another 30 minutes or so. The sky was full of really great cumulious coulds. I love flying against clouds like that. See photos.
We get one more day of this for tomorrow. Then, right on time, the 44 weeks of rain offically starts for the year. The reminants of a Typhoon from Asia blows in here this week. Flying over !!! That's the report from Seattle for today.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2008, 01:39 AM
Puyallup, WA
Joined Nov 2001
1,590 Posts
Great pictures Bob. Sounds like a good evening fly before the great rains settle in, for a few days at least.

Steve's problem seems easy to fix. But would check with the vendor for the Ascent to see what they would do about it, First I have heard about a bearing problem with that motor. Easy fix though.

Lyle
tinkrerpilot is offline Find More Posts by tinkrerpilot
Old Oct 01, 2008, 07:35 AM
Flyin' Ryan
USA, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Sep 2001
980 Posts
Bob, all this flying you're getting in is making me envious. I may try to get out this morning, or maybe evening. It's been pretty nice for the last week, and I haven't had a chance yet.

Ryan
rycomm is offline Find More Posts by rycomm
Old Oct 01, 2008, 08:50 AM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Ryan,

Well, we got a few days of nice weather for late Sept. The other thing, is that I'm on strike at Boeing and have the time to go do it. After today the rains start, then it will be back to building the secret project.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member