SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:21 PM
Bosque Farms, New Mexico
Joined Mar 2010
72 Posts
Welcome to New Mexico.There is'nt many hobby shops to choose from.The two hobby shops here have already been mentioned. Hobby Proz and Big Boys Toys.There both nice hobby shops and they could help you with just about anything.If you need a part and they dont have it they will order it for you.Hobby Proz has a better selection than big boys but big boys will sit down a help you one on one.If you guys a looking for a place to fly or just a flying buddy let me know.I have lived in area for years and know all the spots and most of the people.I live about 15 to 20 min south of Albuquerque.
RobDog1983 is offline Find More Posts by RobDog1983
Last edited by RobDog1983; Oct 03, 2010 at 01:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:18 AM
Joined Apr 2009
633 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know where Hobbies n Stuff is located these days?

I know they moved after Stan sold out, but I don't know where. Tried to Google them and a got "beware of malicious software" warning about their website. Found two addresses but not sure which is it.

I haven't been there in a couple years but I'm very familiar with Albq so a point in the right direction will be enough.

Thanks !

Q
QueeQueg is offline Find More Posts by QueeQueg
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:19 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Hobbies N Stuff went under. They are gone.
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
633 Posts
Too Bad

So I guess it's HobbyProz or nothing?

I'm headed up on Thurs for the Heli FunFly. Was hoping to spend some time and money at a LHS or two.

Thanks for the response.

Q
Old Sep 21, 2010, 02:10 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
big boys toys is still around.

http://bigboystoysnm.com/
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Sep 21, 2010, 02:35 PM
Joined Apr 2009
633 Posts
Forgot about Tom.

Thanks Again

Q
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:07 PM
U.S. Navy (Ret.)
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
Greetings all. Thread is a bit old but I'll be up in Albuquerque for a few days at the end of January and wanted to know if the info is still valid. I found Big Boys & Hobby Proz on the internet (So I "Assume" they're still in operation), and also J&J Hobbies on Wisconsin. Anyone know anything about them? Any new stores since Fall, 2010 (Last post)? Thanx.

Cheers,

Mark
El Paso Mark is offline Find More Posts by El Paso Mark
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:12 PM
Joined Apr 2009
633 Posts
Big Boys is still around and so is Hobby Proz although two geniuses broke into the place I guess Wed night using a truck to break through the security gate and front door. One of these Einsteins was in the store while the other was still ramming the front and he knocked over some tall shelves that fell like dominoes and fell on the guy inside. It was all caught on CCTV and has been playing on the local news repeatedly. They left the scene before the cops got there but there was a good bit of blood and the store is wrecked.

They should be back together by the end of Jan I would think though.

I'm sure you can google the vid on any of the Abq TV stations and watch all those shelves of kits and parts go crashing down on him

Q
Old Jan 03, 2012, 01:29 PM
U.S. Navy (Ret.)
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
Thanx, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueeQueg View Post
. . . two geniuses broke into the place I guess Wed night using a truck to break through the security gate and front door. One of these Einsteins was in the store while the other was still ramming the front and he knocked over some tall shelves that fell like dominoes and fell on the guy inside.
Found the video. Nice. Two "under-privileged" youth's doing some late Christmas shopping. There's a couple gene pool's that need bleaching.

Cheers,

Mark
El Paso Mark is offline Find More Posts by El Paso Mark
Last edited by El Paso Mark; Jan 03, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
Twin Junkie
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Sep 2005
24 Posts
Stopped by Hobby Proz today. Nice shop and well stocked with hardware for builders and in general a good selection over a broad spectrum of the RC hobby.
TCBlightning is offline Find More Posts by TCBlightning
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:09 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jun 2013
97 Posts
I guys, I know this is a very old thread but I don't know where to look. I am looking for someone who might know a thing or two about quadcopter builds. I am trying to build my first quad but hit a slight hickup and dont know how to fix it. I would really appreciate if anyone in the area could meet up and show me the ropes.

Thanks.
mish1990 is offline Find More Posts by mish1990