SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:42 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich View Post
You could put the AR6350 in your little slick, or simply add a Eagle Tree Guardian....
I know, but I kind of want the visionaire!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:26 AM
Registered User
United States, CT
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Hi guys!
I just maidened my Visionaire, I'll post the youtube link later.

Well, I'm not a beginner but not even a champion when talking about 3D. Being an intermediate 3D flier can give you a different point of view about the Visionaire.

Let's start with the
PROS:
- Nice package.
- Good foam quality (it seems the same foam used for the T28).
- When you loose control of the plane, it "falls" gently and gives you lot of reaction time.
- Stable in the wind. (AS3X)
- Very nice harrier. (AS3X)

CONS:
- The paint doesn't stick very well to the foam.
- Certainly, it is not a light plane for its size. I would say it is on the heavy side.
- It doesn't have lot of power with the stock motor/prop to recover from a hover.

I did not notice too much the difference between this plane and another 3D plane without the AS3X. Yes, the plane flies straight even in a windy day, but don't expect a plane the does 3D stuff by itself

I'll try again when there's no wind and update you.
overip is offline Find More Posts by overip
Last edited by overip; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:39 AM
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,710 Posts
28 degrees--light snow. NO WIND -got 3 flights in before starting to SLEET, Ido believe,after alittle more flight time with VISIONAIRE,,,,Ucan start calling me --QQ CHEEK,,,, also plane pulls great out of hovers,,especially MY nickle and dime hovers
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Last edited by dalecheek1; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:45 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
28 degrees--light snow. NO WIND -got 3 flights in before starting to SLEET, Ido believe,after alittle more flight time with VISIONAIRE,,,,Ucan start calling me --QQ CHEEK,,,,
LOL!! Ok QQ Cheek... We need some video man!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:05 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,710 Posts
when weather gets a little better,,,,pocket cam does better in open areas,,,,even on sunny days vid in backyard stays dark around trees,,,took vid flying edge low in back yard,,did not come out well ,,,i think autofocs on cam..cannot handle light conditions in yard ,too much contrast..,,will post vid as soon as i can,,Dale,,,,,i mean QQ CHEEK
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:35 PM
God is my pilot
JimTMich's Avatar
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I know, but I kind of want the visionaire!
I totally understand, I have a 41" edge that I could put the AR6350 or Guardian in, but I'm reading this thread too.....
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:36 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,710 Posts
found this vid,average flyier,,,first time hovering
ParkZone Visionaire (6 min 0 sec)
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:41 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
SLK Count's Avatar
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
921 Posts
..some things from me:

- is it o.k to fix the elevator pieces only with tape at the fuse mentioned in Manual ? Maybe flexible glue would be better...
- what about the steering clevis ?-are they different from the Stryker ones ? I remember that the Stryker clevis pins were very weak and had to modified first of all.
SLK Count is online now Find More Posts by SLK Count
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:08 PM
Registered User
Magic Dragon's Avatar
Grapevine, Texas
Joined Mar 2011
15 Posts
You should be ok with the elevator taped to the fuse. We have had that method of holding the horizontal stab on for several years with the T28 Trojans from Parkzone and I have not had one even come loose on my T28. I also have not had those type of clevis connectors break or cause any flying problems for me.
Magic Dragon is offline Find More Posts by Magic Dragon
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:38 PM
Registered User
rsobel's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Feb 2010
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
i reckon and it's not foam, but flys like the VisionAire is the PA Addiction, it's what i use to practice with

be interested to hear from someone else who flys the VisionAire, has Phoenix and can compare to the Addiction

cheers chuck
I've been practicing with the PA Addiction, but I just don't think it's close enough. I almost thought the micro 4site indoors was close, but I changed my mind, but at least it hovers easier. Does/has anyone actually tried to contact Phoenix and ask them to do a version?

Update: I just played with every one on the Phoenix. By far the closest I found was the Kyosho Edge 540 (Red Bull design on it) under Electric Fixed Wing
rsobel is offline Find More Posts by rsobel
Last edited by rsobel; Jan 25, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:30 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsobel View Post
I've been practicing with the PA Addiction, but I just don't think it's close enough. I almost thought the micro 4site indoors was close, but I changed my mind, but at least it hovers easier. Does/has anyone actually tried to contact Phoenix and ask them to do a version?

Update: I just played with every one on the Phoenix. By far the closest I found was the Kyosho Edge 540 (Red Bull design on it) under Electric Fixed Wing
I'm glad you said that... To me, thats one of the easiest planes on Phoenix to play around with practicing 3D. I hope to maiden my Visionaire tomorrow if the weather holds out.. I've been using the Kyosho Edge 540 to practice with hoping it would be somewhat close to the Visionaire. When you say it's the closest by far... exactly how close is that?? The Red Bull Edge seems pretty fast so I imagined it to be a little faster than the Visionaire.. but then again, I haven't flown my Visionaire yet. I had hoped it would be as stable with harriers and hovering as the Edge is and after reading your post I feel even better.. Thanks..
Cloud_Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cloud_Buster
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:43 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
The Kyosho Edge in Phoenix is far too easy to hover IMO.

If you want a decent 3D model to practice/learn 3D with then use Wamsy's Shuriken variant.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/membe...=247688&page=2

Just scroll down and you'll find it. You don't want something that's too easy in the sim because it will just teach you bad habits.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:09 PM
Registered User
Tomdomification's Avatar
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
The Kyosho Edge in Phoenix is far too easy to hover IMO.

If you want a decent 3D model to practice/learn 3D with then use Wamsy's Shuriken variant.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/membe...=247688&page=2

Just scroll down and you'll find it. You don't want something that's too easy in the sim because it will just teach you bad habits.
+1!

Tom
Tomdomification is online now Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:21 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,173 Posts
Thanks to all who have helped with the Phoenix Visionaire equivalent question I posed. Even though I am not a 3D pilot, I knew the Red Bull Edge was too easy. I have just downloaded the Shruiken variant and played for a few minutes. If the Visionaire flies anything like that, I will be delighted Thanks Turnerm.

Yesterday, on the sim, I started learning 4 point rolls as a first stage before moving onto slow rolls and, eventually, rolling harriers. They look pretty rough, as you can imagine, but I just did a decent looking one on the Shruiken

I even managed to hover it for a while!!

I know AS3X is supposed to make models 'fly big' but a 9 feet span is probably pushing it .... makes it easy to see on the sim though

Added to my favourites list. This is the plane I will use to practice from now on.

Quick question: It doesn't seem very stable in inverted harriers (plenty of wing dropping) and nor does my Sbach 3D. Is this normally the case with 3D aircraft?
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Thanks to all who have helped with the Phoenix Visionaire equivalent question I posed. Even though I am not a 3D pilot, I knew the Red Bull Edge was too easy. I have just downloaded the Shruiken variant and played for a few minutes. If the Visionaire flies anything like that, I will be delighted Thanks Turnerm.

Yesterday, on the sim, I started learning 4 point rolls as a first stage before moving onto slow rolls and, eventually, rolling harriers. They look pretty rough, as you can imagine, but I just did a decent looking one on the Shruiken

I even managed to hover it for a while!!

I know AS3X is supposed to make models 'fly big' but a 9 feet span is probably pushing it .... makes it easy to see on the sim though

Added to my favourites list. This is the plane I will use to practice from now on.

Quick question: It doesn't seem very stable in inverted harriers (plenty of wing dropping) and nor does my Sbach 3D. Is this normally the case with 3D aircraft?
No. The wing drop in harrier isn't normal for most good 3D planes. But I can tell you this - I used to practice nothing but harriers with that plane (my own version of it but it's close to Wamsy's) all the time and now doing harriers on my real planes is just second nature.

So if you can harrier that plane then the VA will seem like a walk in the park. Hovers should be pretty similar. Rollers in Phoenix or more difficult than real life. Everything else is pretty close. But I personally use RF now and find that it is much more realistic in nearly every way.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's New Habu 2 EDF ChuckTseeker Foamy EDFs 4366 Yesterday 09:11 PM
For Sale New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 12, 2012 12:26 AM
Sold New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 23, 2012 09:10 AM