HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:22 AM
It's watts for dinner
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
946 Posts
Jetfolks - definitely a twin for me. Thanks! Love the sound of the single with the MBS 10-cell though. Any chance we'll get to see a video of the twin MBS setup?

Its usually windy where Tim is flying (at least the vids I have watched) so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's doing pretty well. The plane looked stable in the wind and had lots of power. Rolls were axial. Go-around aside the landing looked alot better than is typical with the lighter RCL foamies. Definitely looking good in my opinion.
sjw985 is offline Find More Posts by sjw985
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:51 AM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,786 Posts
Some serious wooshing sound on the single. I'm guessing the twin will sound much more traditional without all the ducting. Looking forward to more vids!
TheTick is offline Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:04 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,794 Posts
I was thinking twin.. but that video may have changed my mind.
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:08 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
yeah, the twin is cool, but the single is just sick. that's why I asked for the single right away.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:00 PM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,786 Posts
Yeah the sound of the single has me thinking twice about getting the twin. Can't wait to see more vids of both of them flying.
TheTick is offline Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:20 PM
It's watts for dinner
Joined Oct 2011
946 Posts
So just for the record - I recently installed a 6S RCLander MBS 12-blade in a Freewing Eurofighter. Before putting it in the airframe, I ran it up outside on its own. It still sounded really good. Not as good as the single 10S in the video, to be fair. That was awesome.

Of course the tradeoff (if you look at the numbers on RCL fans) is you'll have about 1.5kg more thrust in the twin (2 x. 3.1 = 6.2 vs. 4.65kg). Figure you'll lose half of that to the fan and extra battery weight from 2x6S vs 2X5S... but net that should be higher T:W.

Heck, I'd be excited about either and I'm sorely tempted to get both. If bonuses are good this year I might get the foamy twin and a wait for a PC or composite single next year. Best of both worlds.

My only real concern is that my flying field is a bit limiting in teams of approach space and asphalt length. I have a feeling brakes would be a BIG help for me. If I can't get them stock I might consider the new electromagnetic brakes that just recently went on sale here in the US.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:17 PM
United States, CA, Hollister
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Are there any left of the single with no edf or esc I want one
mebbert is offline Find More Posts by mebbert
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:24 PM
United States, CA, Hollister
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Jetfolks just found out about these love to get a single with no esc or edf let me know a nice looking plane
mebbert is offline Find More Posts by mebbert
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Mebbert,
I do not know if there are any singles left I will know but you are first on the BO list if they are sold out. I know there is 1 or 2 twins left.
jetfolks is offline Find More Posts by jetfolks
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Guys,
I want everyone to know so there is no confusion. The EDF and ESC are priced at below cost as a part of this introductory 60 unit price. They can not be purchased after at that pricing. The Company have put these planes out as a special program and can ever offer the planes at these prices ever again.

The company wants to thank everyone for their support
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
there are electric brakes available I believe from Australia his name is Jack I will try to find his email and get it to you.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:19 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Jetfolks,

Are you saying that this whole project is over after these planes are gone? Are you saying that you guys costed this whole encheleda and that the investment didn't turn out so well?

Or, are you saying that the next and future production runs will be priced higher?
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:32 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
wow!..... awesome vid I'm really getting excited, cant wait to get this one.
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:47 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
777 Posts
Can't wait for the PC version, PM me once u gotten the pricing for both Single and Twin.
viperviper is online now Find More Posts by viperviper
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:19 PM
It's watts for dinner
Joined Oct 2011
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Jetfolks,

Are you saying that this whole project is over after these planes are gone? Are you saying that you guys costed this whole encheleda and that the investment didn't turn out so well?

Or, are you saying that the next and future production runs will be priced higher?
I think he said previously that the first run was being offered at a special price so that the jet can be shown in capable hands, and that later full production runs will be priced higher - i.e. full retail.

So your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to fly the ****.... ahem... heck... out of this thing and create demand.

I'm more than happy to sign up for that bargain!