SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:35 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Funny story.
I build for people and I am now on a retainer for a friend for about a 40 hr work week.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:09 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Well, I got shipping notification and I should have it in Hand on Tuesday. Will be a couple of days before I get to it as I have some work in front of it but I will do an unboxing video.

Orion
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:31 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Oct 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Well, I got shipping notification and I should have it in Hand on Tuesday. Will be a couple of days before I get to it as I have some work in front of it but I will do an unboxing video.

Orion
Riddlers is offline Find More Posts by Riddlers
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:50 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,671 Posts
Quote:

Orion
good luck with it i hope that this plane turns out to be a winner. since the dyanm one is beautiful made (as far as the foam and paint , flies great but need alot of reinforcements or upgrades. i dont think the starmax one is doing so well either .
i cant commet on FMS since ive never owned any of ther products. so im hoping for the best in your model and everyone elses.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:12 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Well I own the FMS FW-190 and have built several FMS planes. One thing for sure is the past year or two has yielded a lot better product. If this plane is anything like the FW-190, I may need a couple clicks of trim and be on my way to having fun.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:50 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
So I came home for lunch today and to my surprise, I have a couple of huge boxes in my living room. One is an FMS Zero for a buddy of mine and the other is the Pitts. The Pitts box is quite large and put a smile on my face. I have to build the Zero first so I can move that out and have room to build the Pitts. I will do an unboxing of the Pitts probably tomorrow if I get the Zero done tonight.

Orion
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Oct 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
So I came home for lunch today and to my surprise, I have a couple of huge boxes in my living room. One is an FMS Zero for a buddy of mine and the other is the Pitts. The Pitts box is quite large and put a smile on my face. I have to build the Zero first so I can move that out and have room to build the Pitts. I will do an unboxing of the Pitts probably tomorrow if I get the Zero done tonight.

Orion
I can hardly wait!!!! Please hurry up
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,671 Posts
Quote:

Orion
that was pretty fast.shipping im looking forward to the unboxing flying and pics . i hope the quality and performacne is as good as it looks . good luck
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:34 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Well I did lift open the lid on the box and while I didn't pull anything out, it is big and looks really nice.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Oct 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Well I did lift open the lid on the box and while I didn't pull anything out, it is big and looks really nice.
I hope today is the day we get to see this beauty.... pleeeeze pretty pleeeeze!
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:21 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
LOL! I actually shot the unboxing video last night. While doing the unboxing, I got the urge to just start building. I didn't video the build but I got most of it together last night. The instructions are the best set yet leaving very little to guess and and they have you build in an order that makes handling a plane of this size easier as you go through the build. When I get home this evening I will upload the raw video. The only thing I have left to do to the plane is run the last few stringers and mount the prop. It took about 2 hours to build. Maiden will be Saturday.

Orion
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Oct 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
LOL! I actually shot the unboxing video last night. While doing the unboxing, I got the urge to just start building. I didn't video the build but I got most of it together last night. The instructions are the best set yet leaving very little to guess and and they have you build in an order that makes handling a plane of this size easier as you go through the build. When I get home this evening I will upload the raw video. The only thing I have left to do to the plane is run the last few stringers and mount the prop. It took about 2 hours to build. Maiden will be Saturday.

Orion
COOL! look forward to
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,671 Posts
Quote:

Orion
im looking forward to your review i hope its a better plane than the DH Comet88.i didnt get the DH88 but this one is a must for me. so i got my fingers crossed
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:46 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Its a 15 min vid so it is going to take a while to upload so I shot some photos to hold you over till its up. Hope you like them.

Orion
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Oct 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Its a 15 min vid so it is going to take a while to upload so I shot some photos to hold you over till its up. Hope you like them.

Orion
Wow, looks beautiful! What do you think about the quality, especially the foam? Is it dense like E-Flite foam or soft and mushy like Parkzone?

Could you perhaps let us see the compartment for battery and electronics?

Hope to see the video soon