HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2012, 07:12 AM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Discussion
Hoverfly Pro board as dedicated gimbal. Is it Possible?

Hi,

I have 2 HFP boards, but one I fried the ESC connection, everthing else is fine.
My question is simple, is it possible to use it as a dedicated gimbal stabilizer? Is it possible to upload the gimbal firmware to this board and use the pan also?

I will try to solder the component George from HF told me that I must replace, but I want to know if it is possible to turn this HFP in a HFGimbal since it shares so much with HFP board.

Thanks
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 08:11 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Hi,

I have 2 HFP boards, but one I fried the ESC connection, everthing else is fine.
My question is simple, is it possible to use it as a dedicated gimbal stabilizer? Is it possible to upload the gimbal firmware to this board and use the pan also?

I will try to solder the component George from HF told me that I must replace, but I want to know if it is possible to turn this HFP in a HFGimbal since it shares so much with HFP board.

Thanks
No the HFG is completely different. You need the magnetometer on the HFGPS board for pan. The HFG has its own magnetometer.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old May 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
you can use it as a 2 axis gimbal controller.... just not for that 3rd axis
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old May 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2011
220 Posts
I have been using a second hfp board as a gimbal controller for a while by mounting it directly to the gimbal (not camera tray) and it works pretty well even with pan. I mounted it directly above the camera on a piece of plastic. It does not move with any control input except for pan. My pan is user controlled by a second transmitter and it works well.

I had a hfp board with cooked esc circuitry like reginak and it worked fine.
Dbasileccim is offline Find More Posts by Dbasileccim