SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:08 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
The test I just did shows that when it's checked, it has to be on a switch. I tried both checking all three boxes and checking none. In the 10 mph winds we are having this evening it was obvious that with the boxes checked and not on a switch from my receiver, it was much less stable than having none checked.
I also found if you don't have anything checked on height hold, you simply hold the throttle and it will stick. If you have it checked without it being on a switch, it does nothing. I put my height hold on Ch7, with just the H checked. When I flipped the switch on, it held position once I let go of the throttle. It stayed there until I turned the switch off, at that point it either climbed of started descending.
Maybe if nothing is ticked it reverts to the safest option. ie Auto stability and height hold are then on permanently. This frees up a number of channels, so maybe its a good thing
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:12 AM
I'll be watching you ...
Germany, Berlin
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
The last days I tried to make a list for the gui mode parameters.
I messured the PWM values from the rabbit at ecs input for the rear left
engine in flight mode. The engine values shown in the gui looks like to be
not the same at all that i directly messured at the output.
The list is attached.

In the english manual was descripted on side 10 13 " the parameter
adjustment: in dormat (lock) state". This adjustment doesn't work at this time i think.
Changing parameters in dormant state will NOT changing anything in flight or
will synchronized with the gui parameters or vice versa.
Its total equal how the setting is. It fits neighter in autostab or normal / 3d mode.
Only the gui parameters are working.

Maybe cmPang could told us someting about the dormant adjustment

so long
Airpac is offline Find More Posts by Airpac
Last edited by Airpac; Mar 17, 2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:34 AM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Hi guyz, Rabbit is here now, where i can download the firmware/apps with gps support?
Please keep updated the first post about this, cool thanks!

Bests, Marco
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
I am having a problem with the latest FW which I loaded this morning.

I make the changes to the settings and check by disconnecting the USB cable and then connecting again and all the settings are okay. I then go and plug a battery in and all the settings revert to the settings that came with the FW.

Because I use the Ultra PWM Esc it reverts back to the 330 hz which puts the motors in flat out mode which promptly result in my hands getting completely chopped up and nearly my face.

It seems that if you leave the FC disconnected for a while it reverts back to its original settings. I attach 2 pics showing the settings as set by me and then what it looked like after 5 minutes and see how the settings have changed back to what they were before.

Anyone have any ideas. This was not a problem with the FW dated 10 /1 2012

Rob
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:42 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
I just went back to FW 1.101 and everything works again. Can connect and disconnect by USB and it stays the same.

Please just check the latest FW that all your settings remain as set before going to fly. I was just lucky that there was not more damage to myself.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:48 AM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I just went back to FW 1.101 and everything works again. Can connect and disconnect by USB and it stays the same.

Please just check the latest FW that all your settings remain as set before going to fly. I was just lucky that there was not more damage to myself.
Robone, where i can download the new firmware for my rabbit?
Does anyone put here some link?
At GLB i found only the manual and the Rabbit Tools.
Cool thanks...
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:06 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco67 View Post
Hi guyz, Rabbit is here now, where i can download the firmware/apps with gps support?
Please keep updated the first post about this, cool thanks!

Bests, Marco
Get it here
almtmd is offline Find More Posts by almtmd
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:20 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Cool thanks...
apparently the latest firmware is not very good..
you should waiting that rabbit team resolve it
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:29 AM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
apparently the latest firmware is not very good..
you should waiting that rabbit team resolve it
Lulz ... They will just wait for the MWC dudes to fix it and then write it into their code.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Cool thanks...
You can get it here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=376

I recommend that you leave the latest FW alone.

Rob
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx-0 View Post
Lulz ... They will just wait for the MWC dudes to fix it and then write it into their code.
yes i think too
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:03 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,368 Posts
Quote:
I am having a problem with the latest FW which I loaded this morning.

I make the changes to the settings and check by disconnecting the USB cable and then connecting again and all the settings are okay. I then go and plug a battery in and all the settings revert to the settings that came with the FW.

Because I use the Ultra PWM Esc it reverts back to the 330 hz which puts the motors in flat out mode which promptly result in my hands getting completely chopped up and nearly my face.

It seems that if you leave the FC disconnected for a while it reverts back to its original settings. I attach 2 pics showing the settings as set by me and then what it looked like after 5 minutes and see how the settings have changed back to what they were before.

Anyone have any ideas. This was not a problem with the FW dated 10 /1 2012

Rob
Hi Rob,
sorry to know that you've get hurted by the motors. never come across that before. Just like you, I always double check after making some changes by closing the GUI and unplug the usb cable then reconnect and start the GUI again. Every one out of about 5 times I found what I've change is not registered in the fc and then will have to do it again. However, once double checked, it remain there without losing ... I will ask Rabbit to see what they say about it..

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Maybe if nothing is ticked it reverts to the safest option. ie Auto stability and height hold are then on permanently. This frees up a number of channels, so maybe its a good thing
That has been my findings. You might look at it as some sort of "failsafe" option.
I'm using a DX7, which has a limited number of switches to operate my camera and I want stability on all the time anyway.
I have my shutter on ch5 (gear), tilt on ch6 (Aux 1, 3 position) and height hold on ch7 (aux 2)
I've been flying with auto stable unchecked from the beginning. Last night I checked all three boxes and it was very unruly. That tells me that without a switch governing that channel that you lose it.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
I have the latest firmware installed and Dont have any probs, I really dont know what same people are doin when they flash the latest firmware to cause them probs.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:48 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
510 Posts
Moving Rabbit to a new multirotor

I'm moving my rabbit fc from a quad to a hex, do I need to reset the fc (and if so how)or do I just go into the gui and change it there?
richkphoto is online now Find More Posts by richkphoto