SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2013, 05:25 PM
Chile, Valparaiso, Viņa
Joined Dec 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Unfortunately there is no beeper volume adjustment.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Thank you Alan... luckily I have a small kitchen timer that has a loud beeper and have been using. I guess that will have to do.
jecchile is offline Find More Posts by jecchile
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2014, 04:23 AM
Joined Nov 2004
1 Posts
I bought the Hitec Eclipse 2.4Ghz Pro 7 and I am very sorry I did, its a great looking radio but behind the shiny plastic trim its a very poor radio, so poor in term of programming that I've gone back to using the 36Mhz Futaba radio it was meant to replace. It has severe limitations in programming mixes , I can't ever use a free mixer to mix Elevator to Flap to offset ballooning on finals when I deploy flaps on finals. Also my Hitec Eclipse 2.4Ghz Pro 7 won't allow any model in the glider mode to have proportional throttle control on the throttle stick, in fact throttle is moved to gear switch ch5 to become an on/off function which is rubbish for any glider with any electric motor glider where you want to use crow braking or 4 servo flap / aileron mix. It lacks the most basic programmes and its really only fit for simple 4ch foamies. Stay away from it if you fly heavyish glow aircraft (10cc and above). I am now in the market for a right radio and will probably go spectrum or the taranis from hobbyking
pat m is offline Find More Posts by pat m
Old Apr 29, 2014, 08:38 AM
Chile, Valparaiso, Viņa
Joined Dec 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat m View Post
I bought the Hitec Eclipse 2.4Ghz Pro 7 and I am very sorry I did, its a great looking radio but behind the shiny plastic trim its a very poor radio, so poor in term of programming that I've gone back to using the 36Mhz Futaba radio it was meant to replace. It has severe limitations in programming mixes , I can't ever use a free mixer to mix Elevator to Flap to offset ballooning on finals when I deploy flaps on finals. Also my Hitec Eclipse 2.4Ghz Pro 7 won't allow any model in the glider mode to have proportional throttle control on the throttle stick, in fact throttle is moved to gear switch ch5 to become an on/off function which is rubbish for any glider with any electric motor glider where you want to use crow braking or 4 servo flap / aileron mix. It lacks the most basic programmes and its really only fit for simple 4ch foamies. Stay away from it if you fly heavyish glow aircraft (10cc and above). I am now in the market for a right radio and will probably go spectrum or the taranis from hobbyking
You must be a very sophisticated user... I love my Pro-7... wish I could exchange with you as I do have a Spektrum DX6i, new, and just don't like it... have used it twice with my gliders and went back into its box.
Read everything you can on the Taranis before you buy it...
jecchile is offline Find More Posts by jecchile
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:00 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat m View Post
I think the issues you are having are that you have not spent enough time with the instructions to learn what these functions are called in this radio. None of what you listed above require user mixes. They are built in mixes.

You mention elevator to flap - this is an aerobatics mix and will not do what you want for landing.

The standard nominclature in the manual is master-slave in terms of mixing. So elevator to flap, E-F, means that you move the elevator and the flaps follow. Flap to elevator, F-E, means you move the flaps and the elevator follows.

I presume you are trying to set up a glider so you have the aircraft type set as glider, right? The following comes from the Table of Contents.

Glider (GLID) Menu Functions
Eclipse 7 Glider Controls and Switch Assignments

Competition Glider Quick Setup Instructions
( Page 45- go here first)

Glider Model Function Descriptions
ADIF - Aileron Differential
VTAL - V-Tail Programming
E->F - Elevator Flap mixing
A->R - Aileron Rudder mixing
F->A - Flap Aileron mixing
F->E - Flap Elevator mixing ( landing mix)
CROW - Crow mixing (airbrakes) (landing mix)

S.TM1, 2 - Speed Flap Trim offsets 1, 2
AIL.T - Aileron trim
A->F - Aileron Flap mixing (4WNG only)
DFL.T - Dual Flap Trim (4WNG only)
MX.SS - Mix Switch Select
SAILPLANE TRIMMING CHART

For your landing mix use "Flap to elevator"or you can use Crow which is technically flaps to elevator/ailerons - your choice of landing mix. -

Looking at the copy of the manual I have downloaded, looking a the TOC, in glider mode your landing mixes are on page 48 and 49, flap to elevator and crow mixing. These are standard mixes, no user mixes needed or recommended.

As a glider pilot we usually use a switch for throttle as the only time you use the motor is to climb out. That moves throttle to a switch and puts landing mix on the stick giving you fine grain control of your landing mix. This is standard set-up for most glider pilots, pure and electric. The radio sets this up for you automatically as that is how glider pilots do it.

If you really need the glider mixes AND you want throttle on the left stick the instruction is on page 52: You will use F-E as your landing mix. Crow will not be available.

For your consideration.

I have a Futaba 9C Super. I have a high degree of assignability for switches and controls. I am a glider pilot flying pure and electric gliders. For my electric Supra, a full house electric glider, I assign the throttle to the top left switch because I throw the glider with my right hand. I only use it to climb. Left stick is for rudder and landing mix, either "flap to elevator" or crow on all of my full house gliders. I fly it for sport and in ALES electric soaring contests.

My pure full house gliders are set up the same way so I am consistent among all my gliders. Naturally no throttle on the switch on a pure glider.

I have a Radian RTF too. I fly it on a DX5i for sport and in ALES contests. This way I can grab the Radian box and go. Nothing else needed. Not as flexible as the Futaba 9C super but I don't need it for this glider.

I have two wings for my Radian, one is the stock with no moving surfaces. One has flaps.

I place the flaps on a Y cable and plug that into the throttle channel which is tied to the left stick on this radio. I have throttle control on the gear channel which is tied to the top left switch on this radio. That is where I expect it to be. I only need it to climb out or reclimb. No need for proportional throttle.

On my airplanes, heils and quads, which are not flown as gliders, I have the throttle on the left stick as would be typical for an airplane.

If you want to fly it like an airplane, with throttle on the left stick and your landing mix somewhere else, you might also consider setting it up in airplane (acro) mode. In acro mode your landing mix is defined on page 35. Again, no user mixes needed.

I don't have this radio, I just scanned the manual. And I am not trying to convince you that this is the right radio for you. I am only trying to help you make use of what you purchased. It does what you say you want it to do.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Apr 29, 2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Jul 2009
8 Posts
Eclipse Pro Telemetry display

Anyone know a way of stopping the Eclipse Pro 7 displaying all the unconnected telemetry sensors as well as the ones you want. I use vario and pack voltage only and it takes about 10 clicks to swap between the two displays!

Seems a basic requirement to inhibit the displays not in use.

Thanks in advance
RussellFletch is offline Find More Posts by RussellFletch
Old Jun 28, 2014, 01:13 PM
Joined Jul 2009
8 Posts
Eclipse Pro Telemetry display

Anyone know a way of stopping the Eclipse Pro 7 displaying all the unconnected telemetry sensors as well as the ones you want. I use vario and pack voltage only and it takes about 10 clicks to swap between the two displays!

Seems a basic requirement to inhibit the displays not in use.

Thanks in advance

Xyz
RussellFletch is offline Find More Posts by RussellFletch