SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:25 AM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,675 Posts
What happend ff?

Is there anything we can help with? I know the feeling of wanting to quit helis, in fact when my 500 crashed last week the thought of selling all my helis, except the superV400, and just go back to flying around the park crossed my mind. I was pretty pissed for the rest of that day, but after my wounds healed and i thought about how far i've come and what it took to get here, i decided to keep on pushing away at it.

Most of the time its a simple setup problem that is overlooked, or in my case, electrical system failure that is the cause of all the frustration. Once these things have been overcome, the good days will out weigh the bad. I was on top of the world when my 500 made 10 flights without any problems, and i want to get that feeling back.

We are here to help. Just ask away...
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:27 AM
Registered User
CO2X2010's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,197 Posts
heli

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
anyone interested in trading a good glider like say a RTF diamond 2500,or maybe a brush-less upgraded v400 for a working Trex 450se with a ton of goodies, im about to go back to planes,(flying a hawksky) and a new Sbach 342 now ) fun as hell ! helis are driving me nuts ! may even let the v400 with super frame and super boom support and a ton of parts go. may feel better after a few days rest
Give yourself a break and I/we know how it feels when something is not going your way on this hobby.We were there where you are now and quitting was the only way out. If the DEVO giving you ALL this problem,why don't you sell the Devo instead and move on to the next best thing,like the 2801 pro tx or maybe the spectrum tx.Did you remember all the fun you did have when all was working the way you want it ? I / we are not saying planes are not fun but,we think helis are more fun that's why I/we are on helis.As what Kdean was saying,your problem are just tx set-up problem which most of us here having problem on dealing with due to the fact that we are not using/familiar with the unit.Try checking with other DEVO user on youtube and on other threads.Not sure if you are only having problem on the Devo tx but,the last few times ,you were having too much problem setting it.Why don't you try the non-devo rx on the v400 and get a 2801 pro tx before heading that door.GL my friend.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:52 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
grrr, still no super v! I feel your frustration ff, but this isn't the first time and it won't be the last for me (or you i bet), after all, how can i stay mad at my helis

I went for another test hover today and a swash link came out. I had let my 9 year old nephew take some of the heli apart and i noticed he was getting carried away with what he was taking out. I told him to just leave it, but i wonder if he put some of the screws back in.... I'm gonna have to recheck all the screws in the head of that thing.

Also the heli tipped when that happened and i lost my last pair of v400 main blades among other things (anybody know if fusonic sells just the plastic case?). The blades were starting to get like navigators anyway, but not that bad and still had some flights on them. I like the color and having them match the canopy, but don't want to fork out another 20 bucks for a pair so i guess i'll use my 450 blades.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
I got the brushless set up from RTF heli, It works good but the head speed is high.
What are you'all running fro HS ?

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:00 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Douglas View Post
I got the brushless set up from RTF heli, It works good but the head speed is high.
What are you'all running fro HS ?

JD
I like around 2800rpm or so. If you want to go a bit lower 2500 is a good speed.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:52 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
What happend ff?

Is there anything we can help with? I know the feeling of wanting to quit helis, in fact when my 500 crashed last week the thought of selling all my helis, except the superV400, and just go back to flying around the park crossed my mind. I was pretty pissed for the rest of that day, but after my wounds healed and i thought about how far i've come and what it took to get here, i decided to keep on pushing away at it.

Most of the time its a simple setup problem that is overlooked, or in my case, electrical system failure that is the cause of all the frustration. Once these things have been overcome, the good days will out weigh the bad. I was on top of the world when my 500 made 10 flights without any problems, and i want to get that feeling back.

We are here to help. Just ask away...
Yea damn aileron servo glitched and she crashed down and broke off another tail .. i have new servos ,after i calm down we will see if i want to even mess with it and put on new servos. For sure i need a new better known TX,looking at a spectrum dx6, i am for sure going to let the Trex 450 go though. sell it or trade it.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:09 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
I like around 2800rpm or so. If you want to go a bit lower 2500 is a good speed.
Ya Im looking at 3300 with the T curve high at 50. I dont think it will stay tougher
at that speed. I will do some testing to get it down.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:09 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Douglas View Post
Ya Im looking at 3300 with the T curve high at 50. I dont think it will stay tougher
at that speed. I will do some testing to get it down.

JD
I had it around there after my bl upgrade too but tamed it down because i was worried about the integrity of the parts. My 450pro i have around 3100 or 3200 based on my helitach app, but i was running the v400 a little lower.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:47 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
I had it around there after my bl upgrade too but tamed it down because i was worried about the integrity of the parts. My 450pro i have around 3100 or 3200 based on my helitach app, but i was running the v400 a little lower.
I like my 450's around 31 or 32 but the V400 is more of a sport heli with the tail motor and all, dont get me wrong it is fun to do P pumps at that power level but I dont think it will hold up and the stock tail motor has a hard time holding.

So here is what I did, The RTF 3800kv motor has a 2.3mm/0.4 Mod 15T so I went with a 2.3mm/0.4 Mod 17T that I had on hand. I stuck a 2cell 2200 batt. in and what do you know 2600rpm at 70 high on the T. curve with 9deg pitch on High. I set my st1 and st2 more aggressive but this makes a good sport set up and I can fly for 10min. on the 2200's with the tail motor cool to the touch on landing. The power is way better then the stock motor so I think I will fly it more.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
Registered User
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Guys,

How do you calculate your rpm's?
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:34 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
I use a GloBee intellitach, you just need to be outside and on a flybar heli you make sure its not counting the flybar.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:43 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
So i got the new blades RTFheli has for the v400 xtreme 325 and they are not that good! (This is just my 2cents)! I had the Stealth from them and loved them. Had a crash with the Stealth and need new ones so ordered the xtreme and some turnigy from HKing and they look just the same! Wish i would have used that $20 on 3 more sets of blades from HKing instead of buying the xtreme! After todays crash im getting the Blade 450 Swashplate for my v400! Stock Swash came apart doing P pumps and put the new blades in the ground with only one making it out ok! ;-(
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:55 PM
Registered User
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxp28 View Post
So i got the new blades RTFheli has for the v400 xtreme 325 and they are not that good! (This is just my 2cents)! I had the Stealth from them and loved them. Had a crash with the Stealth and need new ones so ordered the xtreme and some turnigy from HKing and they look just the same! Wish i would have used that $20 on 3 more sets of blades from HKing instead of buying the xtreme! After todays crash im getting the Blade 450 Swashplate for my v400! Stock Swash came apart doing P pumps and put the new blades in the ground with only one making it out ok! ;-(
That doesn't make me very happy. I just ordered the extremes
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:12 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
That doesn't make me very happy. I just ordered the extremes
Same here. Thinking about Emailing them about there new blades!
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:16 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,222 Posts
I have pro 3d 325mm from xheli
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another new Walkera (V400D02)? GetterDragun Micro Helis 130 Apr 01, 2013 09:23 AM
Discussion Alternative canopies for Walkera V200D02, V400D02 JumboA5 Mini Helis 2 Mar 18, 2011 04:29 AM
Question Transport devices for 2x Walkera V400D02 & 2x Walkera V200D02 JumboA5 Electric Heli Talk 2 Dec 13, 2010 08:22 AM
Discussion Walkera new 3D flybarless V400D02 Naev 3D Electric Heli Flying 2 Oct 31, 2010 08:50 PM