HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:15 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,658 Posts
Haven't the heard of Velcro, they could have just stuck it on the top!!

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
They were not allowed to drill holes in the plane, so there was no way to get the antenna out. They ended up just taping it to the window. Thats why they only had 50 yard range.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:21 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
8FG / R6208SB giving me horrible Range for FPV...
Well I went 1/2 mile with my DX8 and AR7010 DSMx set-up.
Changed to Futaba for range as many noted reliable distance over Spektrum but I am hitting in/out signal causing partial failsafe triggers on my FPV quad a only the 1/4 mile mark!

Any idea on if Futaba Rx's have been known to be bad and cause not so stellar range?

Thanks,
Jon
DesJardins is offline Find More Posts by DesJardins
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Don't take your guns to town
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,579 Posts
Problem is in your quad. Either your video is interfering, you're running a PWM multiplexer that is getting interference, or you have your antennas mounted poorly.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:50 AM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
I have a LiPo battery in mine and I also have stand on the handle. As you can see from the picture, in my case there is no need for any additional balancing, it balances just fine on the built in attachment point. Now if you like the transmitter hanging with the antenna pointing down then this could be useful.

My stuff:
Battery - http://www.rcaccessory.com/pe2600tx-2S.aspx
Stand - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19580

Regards,

- Birger
How well does that stand work with the Spektrum module on the back? Will it fit?
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:07 AM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
Problem is in your quad. Either your video is interfering, you're running a PWM multiplexer that is getting interference, or you have your antennas mounted poorly.
Tested without Vtx on so no interferance from that system, antenna positions have been moved, changed angles... 90-130-180 degrees in various locations and as mentioned Spektrum took me a 1/2 mile...

Has anyone ever bad a bad Rx on the FASST system?

Pic for one of many renditions...

Last edited by DesJardins; Oct 15, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:16 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
Vespa, your inbox is full.....
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:05 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
Tested without Vtx on so no interferance from that system, antenna positions have been moved, changed angles... 90-130-180 degrees in various locations and as mentioned Spektrum took me a 1/2 mile...

Has anyone ever bad a bad Rx on the FASST system?
we got 1.5 miles and ran out of room on a narrow road testing the 8fg/ r617fs and r6008hs rx.

please, open the rx and make sure that the antennas are attached correctly.

Doug
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV View Post
we got 1.5 miles and ran out of room on a narrow road testing the 8fg/ r617fs and r6008hs rx.

please, open the rx and make sure that the antennas are attached correctly.

Doug
Thanks Doug, I'll open the case to inspect. Do you have any examples of both a correct and incorrect antenna connection?

Thanks again
Jon
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:40 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_SC View Post
How well does that stand work with the Spektrum module on the back? Will it fit?
Well, I still take the module off to put the radio in my case but other than that there are no issues. The stand doesn't collapse all the way to the radio, it is stopped by the module but that is to be expected.

Regards,

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,641 Posts
I just realized a cool feature of the 8FG this weekend. You know how even if a warning condition exist (motor, or throttle stick pos) it will ask you whether to transmit or not? I realized why you may want to choose to transmit despite the warning condition. This makes setting the throttle range on the ESC easy as you don't need to disable the alarms/warnings to do so...

btw, over the weekend while retrieving the airplane from the field, the RS6208 was flashing red. What does that means? The manual only refers to the red LED being off or on. A quick search on RCG didn't yield much either.
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Guess my option is to go UHF then... I'll be looking at options and suggestions because I just talked to Futaba and they said if I am going 1000 feet then there isn't anything wrong with the set-up. LOS flying only support. WT?.

After flying Heli's for years & dealing with Spektrum, Futaba customer service could use a touch of love for their paying customers. Hell even an offer vs. "I have NEVER heard of a transmitter going 1/2 mile or even close" pretty knowledgable tech advisor Futaba....

Thanks Futaba
Last edited by DesJardins; Oct 15, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:53 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post

btw, over the weekend while retrieving the airplane from the field, the RS6208 was flashing red. What does that means? The manual only refers to the red LED being off or on. A quick search on RCG didn't yield much either.
Some error has occurred, not necessarily fault in Rx - Ive got that blink when a servo "shorted" and caused brownout.
numnutchris is online now Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,641 Posts
Ok, at least that. A red blinking light on the Spektrum RXs means a hold has occurred (i.e. a loss of signal). I wanted to make sure it is not the case with the Futaba Rx.
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Don't take your guns to town
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,579 Posts
Flashing red means your transmitter is not on. There are no error codes or anything else and unfortunately Futaba does not offer the critically valuable glitch counter like most other brands.

DJ, your antenna layout looks great, and range should be at least double the distance you can see - on the order of 1-5 miles depending on terrain and Wifi, and should be similar to Spek, though likely greater. I think you must have something on the quad causing interference but it could be a broken antenna wire or other issue. Try the RX in a plane and/or a different RX in the quad.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa