HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:47 AM
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
Help!
Best 3D foamie

Hello everybody, im getting in too 3D but i dont Know what to get. Any big 3D foamies you guys can recommend?
Trilover is offline Find More Posts by Trilover
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 07:24 AM
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Sep 2012
169 Posts
welcome!

my vote would be for a 32in profile epp plane. in my experence it is eazy to build a rad flying plane of this size; good flight times, no bad tendencies, and for the most part you just pick it up after a crash. with larger air frames, (39in plus) the budget planes don't fly as well and optimal setup tends to be more cridical.

to start with read the build guides for the twisted hobby's 32in profile planes and take note of exactly how much each of the components weigh and take the setup hints as gospall. i have seen a beginner build a crack yak superlight that most expert flyers would be happy flying... even throws and expo settings were spot on ... the full color build book gives you all the information. the budget planes can do well and if you speck them like the twisted stuff you will be miles ahead.

good luck and fly lots
matt

i cant really recommend a bigger plane because they don't crash that well and with all the repair time will slow down the learning proses. another point for small planes is that batteries are cheep and you can charge a ton off a car batteries without killing it.
mattnat is offline Find More Posts by mattnat
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:38 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
634 Posts
I agree with mattnat. The Twisted Hobbys planes are excellent. I have a Crack Laser and it's a super flier, especially indoors.

If you're just starting out, you might consider the 32" 'Mentor Series' planes from TechOne. I have the Sbach, Sukhoi and MXS and all three are excellent indoor flyers. They're quite a bit less expensive than the Twisted Hobbies planes and are an excellent introduction to this type of flying.

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:08 AM
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
Thank you guys, that really helped
Me
Old Jul 11, 2014, 08:08 AM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,537 Posts
I have a bunch of Twisted Hobby Flyers. Why, because they fly better than the many others I have tried. Their planes and power packages might be a few bucks higher but their performance will pay you back big time.

My current favorite is the Pitts. If biplanes are not your thing, any other of the TH offerings will please you. If you want sonething a little bit bigger, might suggest the 48" SBach or similar.
Rock solid flyers.

If your budget is tight, might suggest you check into www.griffwerks.com or West Michigan Park Flyers.
They put out some basically good flyers, all made out of EPP. Strap on a 1400KV Blue Wonder from HeadsUpRC and have at it.

No, I'm not connect with any of the above suppliers. Just happy with what they have.

RonJ
Crack Pitts/Crack Yak/Turbo Beaver/SBach/Wing/Gym Star and soon...Inferno
And...Griffwerks "Tiger"
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Last edited by RonJ; Jul 11, 2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:39 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,571 Posts
DW Foamies.com

If starting out on 3D flying, would look at their "fusion" models that has an EPP fuse.

If you've got the basics down, look at their 48" line of models. These things fly like a 30% 3D model.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jul 12, 2014, 01:14 AM
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
hi guys, guys thank you so much for your help. im going to think some and then see what it is going to be
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:14 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
703 Posts
Might check on the HK Reaktor. Very strong, fly's great and comes at the right price.
Same model as the Tech-One Tempo.

There's a large thread here on rcgroups. Option to build light with 2S setup or faster 3S.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:01 AM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,523 Posts
SWIFT More EASY GREASY FLYING (5 min 33 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:02 AM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,523 Posts
CRACK LASER--LOW and SLOW--in light winds (3 min 51 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jul 20, 2014, 07:29 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilover View Post
Hello everybody, im getting in too 3D but i dont Know what to get. Any big 3D foamies you guys can recommend?
If you want to go big.. I can highly recommend this one:

Gee Bee EPP 1000mm (8 min 44 sec)
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Last edited by Justapoke; Jul 21, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
109 Posts
With no doubt in the 32" size, the RC Factory Sukhoi 29 ... incredibly precise and wild ...
PS: I own all Twisted?RC Factory 32" size planes so I have been able to feel the difference.
flydynamics is online now Find More Posts by flydynamics
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:35 PM
Joined Dec 2013
46 Posts
Do you live a windy area? What is your experience level? What do you mean by 3D, literally just post stall or also tumbling maneuvers?
barrs is offline Find More Posts by barrs
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:45 PM
Su-27's Rule!
Philippines, NCR, Pasig City
Joined Nov 2012
684 Posts
O.P. you might want to check the slicko
Su-33 is offline Find More Posts by Su-33
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A cheap way to measure Kv
Old Jul 20, 2014, 09:09 PM
Joined May 2008
17 Posts
41.00 shipped to your door in the US. Carbon fiber pieces. Even comes with the glue. For my first plane I went with this.

http://usa.wattaplane.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=146

VR EyeDoc Flying Skywing's 32-in Yak-55 EPP Profiler (3 min 9 sec)

32-in Skywing Slick Flying over a Beautiful Park (3 min 22 sec)
BigTruckDriver is offline Find More Posts by BigTruckDriver