HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2014, 02:51 AM
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
Alert
Skipmillermodels.com WARNING

Be careful doing business with this company. I ordered a couple of things from them, never got an email verification, P.O. or receipt. Though, they had no problem immediately charging my CC.

They gae me the run around in email and on the phone. On the phone, it sounded like a one-man operation. They stopped returning my calls and emails when I asked for a refund.

shady...
RC Critic is offline Find More Posts by RC Critic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2014, 08:21 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,841 Posts
Lol!!
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Jul 09, 2014, 08:53 AM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
are you sure you got the right company!!
dufek paul is offline Find More Posts by dufek paul
Old Jul 09, 2014, 09:31 AM
United States, SC, Liberty
Joined Dec 2013
315 Posts
Post the webpage so we know who exactly you dealt with. This one? http://www.Skipmillermodels.com/
Brynmr is online now Find More Posts by Brynmr
Old Jul 09, 2014, 10:24 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,841 Posts
A name like RC Critic and only 5 posts, all critical of SMM doesn't make sense. Not saying it ain't true but...
Old Jul 09, 2014, 12:30 PM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Yea it's like bad moutning Tower Hobbies,i don't believe it.
dufek paul is offline Find More Posts by dufek paul
Old Jul 10, 2014, 07:46 AM
United States, SC, Liberty
Joined Dec 2013
315 Posts
I'm not believing it either.
Brynmr is online now Find More Posts by Brynmr
Old Jul 10, 2014, 07:47 AM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,097 Posts
Sounds more like HobbyKing
tkallev is offline Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:24 AM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,334 Posts
I'm not sure who this person is, but they're definitely out to smear SMM, as this is the 3rd thread I've seen in as many forum channels where they are blasting them. Can't say I've had a lot of dealings with SMM other than some email questions and small parts, but its all been prompt and professional. I can also understand the "joys" of being a distributor, as I myself was one for a few years, but sometimes its really out of your control, or even best estimate, when you're manufacturer is going to deliver. Moulds fail, people get sick, shipments get lost in transit, all part of the fun. Anyway, if you post one negative review of place, that's normal/appropriate (sometimes), but when you go all over the forum trying to deter business, that's an agenda.

Just saying.

Carry on.
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:53 AM
United States, NY, Hopewell Junction
Joined Sep 2004
143 Posts
Skip, Cody and crew are above reproach. I have placed quite a few orders with them and have always received professional, courteous treatment. In my experience, they have always been ready and willing to resolve any problem whether mine or theirs.

I fear that something doesn't quite smell right here!

Joe
rcglider is offline Find More Posts by rcglider
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:30 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,401 Posts
I've dealt with SMM and they gave me great service. I ordered two special servo mounts for some Airtronics wing servos for an Xplorer 3800. I had asked for two mounts and I was quoted a price, I thought for a pair.
Well it turned out the price they quoted me was for each servo frame. But they honored the lower price they had quoted me on the phone, and sent me two anyway..
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:39 PM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Critic View Post
Be careful doing business with this company. I ordered a couple of things from them, never got an email verification, P.O. or receipt. Though, they had no problem immediately charging my CC.

They gae me the run around in email and on the phone. On the phone, it sounded like a one-man operation. They stopped returning my calls and emails when I asked for a refund.

shady...
He got his 1 day of fame, now I hope there's room to fly his planes under that rock.
Warjet1950 is online now Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkallev View Post
Sounds more like HobbyKing
LOL LOL LOL now HK never does anything bad ... LOL LOL LOL
yabe is offline Find More Posts by yabe
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:24 PM
Joined Aug 2012
200 Posts
This thread is FAKE people!!!

I have done thousands of dollars of business with Skip and crew and not an issue or problem. Matter of fact, Skip personally has given me breaks and promised me to not divulge that I save hundreds off the listed site price!

This thread should be closed and deleted. I mean come on , there is no way Skip and refute or defend against this claim!

Lets see, don't deal with Pizza Hut. I ordered a pizza and I found a human finger in the crust!!! Yep, its just like that!
yabe is offline Find More Posts by yabe
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:59 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabe View Post

I have done thousands of dollars of business with Skip and crew and not an issue or problem. Matter of fact, Skip personally has given me breaks and promised me to not divulge that I save hundreds off the listed site price!
Wait till I see Skip!! Hundreds, you say? And you just told the whole world he give you breaks?