HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2013, 02:18 PM
Auckland, NZ
Joined Apr 2009
11 Posts
Do we have any useful information regarding the Robart Electric conversion kits?
Where i am heading is converting a set of Sierra Precision .60 rotators (P-40/Corsair) to electric. Most conversions (Lado/Wingspan) won't work due to the design of the Sierra's.
However, information is scarce around the Robart kits, i.e. nothing is published about the dimensions and stroke lengths of the robart kits. Anyone have any knowledge?
The Brads is offline Find More Posts by The Brads
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,438 Posts
I think Down and Locked does robart electrics. You might try going directly to them and bypass robart. I'd be interested in hearing what you find out. I have some sierra's going in my TF corsair.
Edwin
edwin1 is online now Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:56 AM
Aviation Maintenance Manager
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Dec 2012
293 Posts
Gents, I know this is a little old thread, but i have been working/using Robarts 630RSEs. One thing I found out with these is you really have to have a strong battery to run them. Dedicated battery is a must in my humble opinion. Specs says 6~9V. 2S Lipo would be perfect. I say 2000mAh and up and at least 25C. They need a lot of power but works great when they have the juice.

I always have a good experience with Robart as long as you talk to Justin or Doug. they are always very helpful and have gone above and beyond. There is another guy there, I just wont mention his name but he's not as helpful and sometimes condescending.
carrera mike is offline Find More Posts by carrera mike
Last edited by carrera mike; May 30, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 11:11 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,161 Posts
I do not know if my setup is underperforming and was hoping you all could help me out.
Would followers of this thread post what size batteries they are using and how many cycles they are comfortably getting out of each battery?

My first few cycles are strong, then the whole system seems to bog down and slows considerably.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Jan 03, 2014, 12:07 PM
Joined Dec 2012
293 Posts
installed Lipo 2S 3800mah, 10C for this Robart 630RSE controler(which is made by Down and lock) on my Zero(89" ws ESM) yesterday and will use this after a lot of trials with different batteries. I attached a load meter yesterday while cycling the gear. voltage would drop minutely from 8.4 to 8.2 momentarily but that was it. I did about 10 cycles and the battery remanied at 97% capacity as per my load meter which is a Futaba BR-3000.

Will report in a month if we get a break from this weather and have good flying days.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:17 PM
Joined Dec 2012
293 Posts
Found out that the Robart electric retracts performs better with more powerfull batteries. The specs say 6 to 9V requirements. So instead of taking power from the RX/Servo 6.6V LIFE, I installed a dedicated LiPO 7.4V 3600Mah. They sure cycle uch better and without hesitations.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:19 PM
Joined Dec 2012
293 Posts
and to protect the Lipo from vibrations, applied some cushioning around it with just rubber bands so its still removable.

Im just nervous charging Lipo while in the aircraft. Maybe as long as its low current charging its ok?

Any suggestions?