HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:21 PM
Death and Taxes
Des Moines I'm in Heaven...I mean Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
835 Posts
little nail, Sounds good, thank you. It was nice because the slow stick kit actually comes with a 8x6 slow fly prop, which is what the 250 2200KV is slated for at the high end. Since it will have great cooling, it should do fine. I also forgot that I have some 2s 450MAH 40C batteries, so will be using those. Got a eflite 10A esc coming, so should just need a female UMX 2s female connector to swap out in the ESC, and will be ready to go. It won't be killer power, but it should be able to handle its own in a mild breeze. I'll be maidening this sometime mid to late next week, along with a Multiplex dogfighter. Gonna be a fun week!
conceptmachining is offline Find More Posts by conceptmachining
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:39 PM
Death and Taxes
Joined Feb 2006
835 Posts
put the 8x6 slowfly on it... just too much...I put on a HD prop...7x4 I believe... It will fly straight out of my hand, straight up... Will maiden it tomorrow if possible. Should be just fine!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:33 PM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,148 Posts
I also wonder about the weight. The specs for the GWS Pico Red Stick shows that it is about the same weight as the Micro Stick, even though the PRS is much larger. How does the designer scale down the design yet make it comparatively heavier? According to a post on another thread, the supplied motor weighs 2 ounces, which is two big chunks of metal and plastic on such a small airplane. An IPS motor-gearbox weighs about an ounce, and is commonly used on the larger Pico Red Stick. You could cut down Pico Stick wings, tail, and motor stick, use the same components as on the Micro Stick, yet the result would be a lighter airplane than the Micro Stick. Put on the IPS motor and gears, and the cut-down PRS would weigh even less.

And who at GWS made the marketing decision to offer this small, heavy airplane? I don't expect this model to remain in the GWS product line very long.

The Micro Slow Stick is lauded for its portability and handling in wind. That's to the good. So enjoy it, bash it, whatever. I'll take a Pico Red Stick, cut-down or not.

Jim R.
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:07 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
I like the performance of what Pico Stick did very much. I put an used EPS350C-CS on my buddy's Pico Stick F recently, I told him to use 2S 1300mAh Lipo and prop EP8040 instead of the better performed EP1060 on it, I wanted it to fly slower, as my old buddy hates to fly any quick birds always. This setup actually works better than the stock IPS motor, now it can fly well in breezes. I'll tell him to use prop EP9050 instead if he has to fly in stronger winds.
I have not yet flown the Micro Slow Stick, I think the reason why they, GWS, suggested using EPS150 on it might have been the thrust issue, as the current IPS motor could not work as well as the older ones owing to ROHS. While EPS150 works way much better than the IPS one, and EPS150 is even cheaper than any IPS motor if I recall them correctly.
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:07 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,227 Posts
Thanks for another great product, GWS! Some of us 'get it.' Particularly those who haven't the slightest interest in a featherweight model of the 3-4oz./sq.ft. neighborhood.

Waiting for blue kits.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:02 PM
Death and Taxes
Joined Feb 2006
835 Posts
This little thing is a good flier, but it needs little to NO wind to fly well. The original slow stick could handle a gentle breese, but not this little guy. Also, when doing the control surfaces, make sure they are easlily moveable, and that you have the greatest travel possible. That should help with flying with a gentle wind as well.

I had fun with it, but put it away for the july flying when there is practally no wind. THis is with my set-up. Someone elses that has more weight on board would be better in a breeze. Mine gets tossed around, just like anyone could expect for such a light set-up.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:01 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,227 Posts
Will there be any spare parts support for the Micro Slow Stick?

I would buy the first 10 wing sets!
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:07 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
MSS Spare parts

Dear All, GWS appreciates very much for your support to this new kit., we will have more colors of wing to supply hopefully in the near future., we also would to advise you that the spare parts will be in regular supply. Should you encounter any difficulty to obtain parts from your LHS, please contact: service@gws.com.tw, or send me mail at: roger@gws.com.tw. I will do my best to satisfy your inquiry. Soft landings.
gws roger is offline Find More Posts by gws roger
Old Mar 04, 2013, 01:27 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,633 Posts
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:12 AM
Nelson B.C. Canada
Joined Feb 2003
209 Posts
gear box

Can any one tell me the gear ratio of the EPS150?

Thanks Mike
flyboy1001e is offline Find More Posts by flyboy1001e
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:11 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1001e View Post
Can any one tell me the gear ratio of the EPS150?
Depends on what gear ratio it is:
GW/EPS-150C
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:44 PM
Nelson B.C. Canada
Joined Feb 2003
209 Posts
flydiver

I am quite familiar with that link. I was hoping that someone that has the model could tell me the actual ratio or gws gearing number EPS150 (2 1 a b c d) which gives you the ratio.

Thanks Mike
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:04 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
There's a capital letter shown on the black gear telling its gear ratio, but I do not have this kit.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:17 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Mike,

I think you'll have the answer quicker from here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1825139&page=6
Old Mar 26, 2013, 01:45 AM
Nelson B.C. Canada
Joined Feb 2003
209 Posts
twn Chen thanks

Will ask on that thread

Mike