HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:56 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
That's a park flyer receiver.... very bad choice for a 40'' WS plane!

Dan
I'm aware. Crashed my first jet because I lost range thing the parkflyer RX was full range. I kno it's a parkflyer. I put in there because I figuired that since it was a 3D plane, it would be flown relatively close. And I already looked at the crack yak for 3D, but 200 is just too much for some flat foam to me. If I could drop it to like $120 somehow, than I would have it after I get the 300x...
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:58 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
I'm aware. Crashed my first jet because I lost range thing the parkflyer RX was full range. I kno it's a parkflyer. I put in there because I figuired that since it was a 3D plane, it would be flown relatively close. And I already looked at the crack yak for 3D, but 200 is just too much for some flat foam to me. If I could drop it to like $120 somehow, than I would have it after I get the 300x...
Who mentioned the Crack Yak? I didn't say anything about it LOL and I personally wouldn't recommend it, you can get the same performance from a FancyFoam (.com) model for $120, definitely.

Getting back into 3D is awesome BTW - it's a lot of fun and you get to improve each time you fly.

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:59 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helipilot23 View Post
Ii heard a guy used 6100es on trex 600ns all season with no issues. Not saying to do that.
Well, helis don't have to be flown forward all the time... You can fly a 700 in your bedroom (really stupid idea, but u get my point.) they are extremely agile and never need to move forward to achieve flight.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:00 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Who mentioned the Crack Yak? I didn't say anything about it LOL and I personally wouldn't recommend it, you can get the same performance from a FancyFoam (.com) model for $120, definitely.

Getting back into 3D is awesome BTW - it's a lot of fun and you get to improve each time you fly.

Dan
i have all the parts i need for they're 30$ epp's but my mom wont let me get one.
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:01 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
Good point. I wonder what would happened if someone spooled up a goblin 770 in walmart lol
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:01 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
i have all the parts i need for they're 30$ epp's but my mom wont let me get one.
LOL dude you have a lot of planes already to fly. BTW nice flying with the 48 in your front yard.... that was a cool video on your channel.

I think you should be happy that you have huge 3DHS planes and good quality equipment laying around. Why get a foamie when you have the cash to buy larger anyways?

Foamies are a lot of fun though...

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:03 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Oooooo... This looks nice... Even has an airfoil vs a flat foil.

http://www.fancyfoam.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=178
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:06 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
LOL dude you have a lot of planes already to fly. BTW nice flying with the 48 in your front yard.... that was a cool video on your channel.

I think you should be happy that you have huge 3DHS planes and good quality equipment laying around. Why get a foamie when you have the cash to buy larger anyways?

Foamies are a lot of fun though...

Dan
2nd line kinda contradicted the first but anyways a good foamie will do pretty much anything a big plane like my 48 or 72 will do. so if i get a good indoor foamy (the one i have sucks g-nads. hk lied about it doing 3d and im not happy about it) but i can practice stuff like with the bigger planes.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:08 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Good point. I wonder what would happened if someone spooled up a goblin 770 in walmart lol
Hahaha. Actually laughed at that... Guy for my field is a Goblin rep... Really nice guy and all u haters, he flies on a DX8! Lol

This is him:

SAB Goblin 630 (3 min 37 sec)

He also has a 540, a 770 and a 700. And a gaui NX4 along with like 500 billion other helis.

When I am flying and i hear thst thing spool up, i get really high because it scares me
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:09 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Yeah IDK...
I've been reading around those HK balsa 3D models too lately, it looks like QC has improved a little bit, there aren't many complaints about them from what I've seen. That could be an option for Nick if he's on a budget. A 3DHS 57 is easily costing $600.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:13 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
I want a goblin...
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:14 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Quote:
I want a goblin...
Try a 450 first, please
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:15 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Yeah IDK...
I've been reading around those HK balsa 3D models too lately, it looks like QC has improved a little bit, there aren't many complaints about them from what I've seen. That could be an option for Nick if he's on a budget. A 3DHS 57 is easily costing $600.

Dan
just make sure if he does get a 3DHK balsa 3d'er that he doset get one of the 3dhs clones. the guys over on the fly low thread will never forgive him.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:16 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Drop the conversation about 3DHK right now because we don't need to get in that argument again. It's an option for Nick if he wants too. Otherwise it may be difficult to raise $600!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:24 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Drop the conversation about 3DHK right now because we don't need to get in that argument again. It's an option for Nick if he wants too. Otherwise it may be difficult to raise $600!

Dan
Yeah, but even though the 57 is expensive, it I would cost lest if over time if it has a good reliable setup vs. a unknown setup that could fail from the 3DHK Planes.
Closed Thread