Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:56 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabmadi View Post
More tests...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mj2ZtzvIMs

It performs very well calibrated! Stable auto mode is very good and has saved me a couple of crashes. At one point in the video trying to do a 360 on the shaft and I was out of control, and motor give me very up, active stable mode and achieve stably bring back without problems ...

I put a keychain camera (the 808) tied a seal, but the result was horrible, vibrations everywhere, anyone have any good way to mount it without noticeable vibrations?
I used the ivibration mount for the 808 from this guy for mine and it worked pretty well. Instead of using chicken wire, I used a small piece of very thin aluminum to make the cradle. Of course it helps to have the motors/props balanced.

Anti-vibration camera mount for image stabilization - a "how to" guide (8 min 50 sec)
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:05 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
My board works!!

Ok, I got a new board from HK this morning, set it up to try and darned reciever test showed no signal to ail again ...

Took rx and wires (male/male) off to test away from the ESC's, put it all back, then find that the throttle has no signal..I must have swapped cables inadvertantly, so determined that the cause of my ongoing board misery was all due to one dodgy cable connection -I'm certain I tried swapping them before to check whether the cable was faulty, but seems I must have very stupidly overlooked something.

Soldered up a replacement cable from 2 servo extension leads, it all works perfectly now!

I used these settings, does that look ok?

gyro aileron\elevator
p gain 35
p limit 100
i gain 25
i limit 20
gyro rudder
p gain 45
p limit 100
i gain 20
i limit 20

self lev
p gain 65
p limit 65
i gain 0
i limit 0

So now I'm ready to flash the board, can anyone reccomend any newer version I can can use please?

About to balance the props and motor cans, then hopefully ready to actually FLY later this week

Thanks

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Ok, I got a new board from HK this morning, set it up to try and darned reciever test showed no signal to ail again ...

Took rx and wires (male/male) off to test away from the ESC's, put it all back, then find that the throttle has no signal..I must have swapped cables inadvertantly, so determined that the cause of my ongoing board misery was all due to one dodgy cable connection -I'm certain I tried swapping them before to check whether the cable was faulty, but seems I must have very stupidly overlooked something.

Soldered up a replacement cable from 2 servo extension leads, it all works perfectly now!

I used these settings, does that look ok?

gyro aileron\elevator
p gain 35
p limit 100
i gain 25
i limit 20
gyro rudder
p gain 45
p limit 100
i gain 20
i limit 20

self lev
p gain 65
p limit 65
i gain 0
i limit 0

So now I'm ready to flash the board, can anyone reccomend any newer version I can can use please?

About to balance the props and motor cans, then hopefully ready to actually FLY later this week

Thanks

Matt
set the rudder P gain to 100 with it at 45 it'll turn so slow you probably won't realise it's turning. I have mine at 150
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:17 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Low voltage buzzer plugs into the top right two prong connector, but you need to actually feed a positive battery terminal to the unpopulated point on the board to the left of the yellow item.

http://fpvstockholm.se/?p=1569
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:20 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Low voltage buzzer plugs into the top right two prong connector, but you need to actually feed a positive battery terminal to the unpopulated point on the board to the left of the yellow item.

http://fpvstockholm.se/?p=1569
That was very helpful, thanks, I'll get working on that too

Matt
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:21 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
set the rudder P gain to 100 with it at 45 it'll turn so slow you probably won't realise it's turning. I have mine at 150
Many thanks, will do that!

Matt
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:27 AM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts

That plugs into the Peizo Output on the KK2 board. The red wire is closest to the mounting hole.

It will beep when you arm, and disarm your board. Also in 1.2 the board beeps continually when it is armed and the throttle is at idle. Its a good reminder not to walk up to your Tri when the board is armed.
subaru4wd is offline Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:40 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Thanks again, that clears things up nicely. Should I upgrade the stock firmware for initial flights, or can you reccomend a better version for tri noobs?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Thanks again, that clears things up nicely. Should I upgrade the stock firmware for initial flights, or can you reccomend a better version for tri noobs?
firmware v1.2 has some improvements over 1.0 for tricopter yaw setups. There is servo filtering that can help with some servo's.

I didn't have to mess with any of that with my Tricopter. I notice it flys just the same on 1.2 as it did with 1.0.

I would recommend updating to 1.2. There are only 2 versions available... KK's and Shane's. Shane's just activated some code that KK wrote into the firmware, that helps fix auto level. However there are still some bugs. Without auto-level active, both firmwares are identical.
subaru4wd is offline Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:01 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
firmware v1.2 has some improvements over 1.0 for tricopter yaw setups. There is servo filtering that can help with some servo's.

I didn't have to mess with any of that with my Tricopter. I notice it flys just the same on 1.2 as it did with 1.0.

I would recommend updating to 1.2. There are only 2 versions available... KK's and Shane's. Shane's just activated some code that KK wrote into the firmware, that helps fix auto level. However there are still some bugs. Without auto-level active, both firmwares are identical.
Thankyou for that information, much appreciated.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Thankyou for that information, much appreciated.
as most kk boards don't arm the rudder till throttle is off the bottom what I'd do is plug your rudder servo into the rudder channel on the rx and then go into your tx and adjust the atv or end point adjustment so the servo has about 20 degrees of tilt either way then plug it back into the kk board that will give you lots of rudder when airborne and also give yourself some expo on all three axis so you don't end up in a pio crash right off the bat.
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:05 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
as most kk boards don't arm the rudder till throttle is off the bottom what I'd do is plug your rudder servo into the rudder channel on the rx and then go into your tx and adjust the atv or end point adjustment so the servo has about 20 degrees of tilt either way then plug it back into the kk board that will give you lots of rudder when airborne and also give yourself some expo on all three axis so you don't end up in a pio crash right off the bat.

Thanks, I'd hate to stuff this in, so that sounds like a plan..I have been flying a Blade mSR and WL V911 micro heli's a lot, and wondering if this experience will help much?

Cheers for the great tips

Matt
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:44 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Hi Matt I flew my Tri on both original V1 and V1.2, flies the same.

I di alter all the default setting for gains to match those I had on V1, as the V1.2 defaults would be to low with my Flashed ESC's. The defaults from V1 flew fine.

Be aware the first time you lift off, just feed enough power to get it light and see if it want to yaw in one direction.

If it does it means you will need to invert the Gyro rate on Ch4 (yaw) from 100 to -100 or visa versa.

Listed under point 14 on first post Q&A.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
I wish it was somewhere over the rainbow
Joined Feb 2011
16 Posts
I have a question, it's probably down in the thread somewhere but,
I am setting up the quad in X conf. I have 4 HK Blue Series 30a SimonK flashed ESC's. Is best to calibrate all the ESC's together or seperate? Should these be set to medium or high on the board.
Thanks
FE
FalconEddie is offline Find More Posts by FalconEddie
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:27 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconEddie View Post
I have a question, it's probably down in the thread somewhere but,
I am setting up the quad in X conf. I have 4 HK Blue Series 30a SimonK flashed ESC's. Is best to calibrate all the ESC's together or seperate? Should these be set to medium or high on the board.
Thanks
FE
They should be set to high and should be calibrated through the kk as well
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x