HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:54 PM
United States, OH, Rosemount
Joined Jul 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shung View Post
Where did you get the the bigger props as spares ?
Ordered 3 sets props/spinners from phillip right here.. http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/3590
JM66 is offline Find More Posts by JM66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: German Luftwaffe pilots
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:05 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,632 Posts
You can get them here as well
http://www.motionrc.com/1400mm-fms-f...w-6-propeller/
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2013
2,051 Posts
Thanks gents,

Ps: Unfortunately, contrary to diamond hobby, motion Rc doesn't export.
Shung is online now Find More Posts by Shung
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,688 Posts
Well I just had the most interesting maiden flight ever!

Before I begin, the plane performed perfectly.

I got the field for a lunchtime flight. Nobody around so I taxied out onto the strip, noted the cross wind and took off. Climb out was great and these larger props do make a difference.

Just as I'm adjusting the trim a tad, I hear the unmistakable sound of every Aussie kids outdoor nightmare.......... PLOVERS!!!! WoooOOSH right past my head!

In my rush to get up in the air I didn't notice the Plover nest about 3 meters to my right. So I start to make my way to the other end of the strip (about 100m away), the whole time being attacked by these evil birds.

Now for those that don't know, a Plover is a bird that nest in pairs on the flat open ground and are more territorial than a guard dog! They also never attack solo. Both of them will perform coordinated dive bombing runs at your head, one after the other in a continuous cycle.

So on my FW 190's maiden flight I had it engaged in real life close air support, swooping the aggressors and distracting them while I retreated out of their range.

I'm glad to report that I am fine, and even better, the FW performed flawlessly. The birds on the other hand, well, they will be dealt with while nobody is looking.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
modify...modify...modify
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2012
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Well I just had the most interesting maiden flight ever!

Before I begin, the plane performed perfectly.

I got the field for a lunchtime flight. Nobody around so I taxied out onto the strip, noted the cross wind and took off. Climb out was great and these larger props do make a difference.

Just as I'm adjusting the trim a tad, I hear the unmistakable sound of every Aussie kids outdoor nightmare.......... PLOVERS!!!! WoooOOSH right past my head!

In my rush to get up in the air I didn't notice the Plover nest about 3 meters to my right. So I start to make my way to the other end of the strip (about 100m away), the whole time being attacked by these evil birds.

Now for those that don't know, a Plover is a bird that nest in pairs on the flat open ground and are more territorial than a guard dog! They also never attack solo. Both of them will perform coordinated dive bombing runs at your head, one after the other in a continuous cycle.

So on my FW 190's maiden flight I had it engaged in real life close air support, swooping the aggressors and distracting them while I retreated out of their range.

I'm glad to report that I am fine, and even better, the FW performed flawlessly. The birds on the other hand, well, they will be dealt with while nobody is looking.
Very funny visual!!!

Bob
borntoolate is online now Find More Posts by borntoolate
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3 B-25's operational!
Old Today, 08:40 AM
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
754 Posts
baptisum by fire!

Kool
paladin-34 is online now Find More Posts by paladin-34
Old Today, 09:23 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,688 Posts
This is the culprit for those that are curious.

Quite a good looking bird actually, and like most Australian animals, is armed with sharp spikes on the wing shoulders. Some say they are poisonous and some don't, but all I know is that my neighbours dog got attacked by a Plover two years ago. It got spiked in the neck and was sick and couldn't see for a few days. So who knows?

Just another animal trying to kill us at the park. Glad we don't have drop bears in our area.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Today, 10:18 AM
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
754 Posts
he looks so friendly

Joe
paladin-34 is online now Find More Posts by paladin-34
Old Today, 11:20 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
569 Posts
Yeah, dambit posted up a picture of a baby one so as not to scare international visitors away, the adults have horns and breath fire lol.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang