Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Hello all,

I originally purchased the #11 camera with the "fake" eject-able key on the left side of the case, not sure which model that one was but this forum was instrumental in choosing that camera. Purchased it from eletoponline365 and had good success with the camera for well over a year now. The thing is getting goofy and I need to replace it. I am using it for SCT racing with a front hood mounted position and the camera has provided great video with the fast movements of track racing. My question is should I stay with another #11 or move up to the #16 or #18 for fast on the ground video recording?

Also is there any one seller that the forum tends to use over others?

Thanks in advance
LJS Racing is offline Find More Posts by LJS Racing
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:20 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS Racing View Post
Hello all,

I originally purchased the #11 camera with the "fake" eject-able key on the left side of the case, not sure which model that one was but this forum was instrumental in choosing that camera. Purchased it from eletoponline365 and had good success with the camera for well over a year now. The thing is getting goofy and I need to replace it. I am using it for SCT racing with a front hood mounted position and the camera has provided great video with the fast movements of track racing. My question is should I stay with another #11 or move up to the #16 or #18 for fast on the ground video recording?

Also is there any one seller that the forum tends to use over others?

Thanks in advance
I would move up to the #16,, using the same vendor..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
Ahoy! How do I get my 808 camera video on RC Groups? I have videos on my computer but can not figure out how to edit them and send them to RC Groups. This is my second day of trying and about to give up. Thanks, Capt'n Ron
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:52 PM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Jul 2006
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
Ahoy! How do I get my 808 camera video on RC Groups? I have videos on my computer but can not figure out how to edit them and send them to RC Groups. This is my second day of trying and about to give up. Thanks, Capt'n Ron
Hi capt'n

i use photobucket.com

create an account (free)

upload your video to that site, copy the link an paste the link into your message on here

easy peasy
mudcow007 is offline Find More Posts by mudcow007
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:08 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
VIMEO.com is my preferred hosting site, because it keeps your original upload available for others to download for one week (if you toggle that permission)... very helpful if you are having problems to see your native file. You also just copy the link to your video from the Vimeo page and paste it in your post here to display it. VIMEO also will display the video at full 1280x720p resolution (use full screen with "scaling" button turned off). Limit is 500MB per week of files, only one of which can be 720PHD.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Sep 20, 2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling and video limit rev.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:54 AM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,270 Posts
I put mine on YouTube and Vimeo both, generally. I prefer Vimeo but I do hit the 'one HiDef video per week' limit pretty often.

As far as editing goes, I use Adobe Premiere, but here's a post about other editing software you can use.
mclarkson is online now Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
Thanks guys for the fast replies...I got the video uploaded to Vimeo, after a 5 hour upload for a 11 minute video. Copied the URL to RC Groups but said URL invalded. So back to the drawing board. Vimeo said my brower may need to be upgraded. But I'm all upgraded I believe. I'm using Windows 7 and I'm using the basic "free" Vimeo. Any thoughts? Thank you, Capt'n Ron
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:28 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys for the fast replies...I got the video uploaded to Vimeo, after a 5 hour upload for a 11 minute video. Copied the URL to RC Groups but said URL invalded. So back to the drawing board. Vimeo said my brower may need to be upgraded. But I'm all upgraded I believe. I'm using Windows 7 and I'm using the basic "free" Vimeo. Any thoughts? Thank you, Capt'n Ron
Wow... 5hours to upload!???? What kind of internet service do you have?. That is ancient data speed with today's internet service providers. You must have some really bad line quality problems, a host of users on your network gobbling up the bandwidth, or there were problems at Vimeo's end.

I'd try another upload to Vimeo, and maybe one to YouTube or another hosting site to see what's up.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Wow... 5hours to upload!???? What kind of internet service do you have?. That is ancient data speed with today's internet service providers. You must have some really bad line quality problems, a host of users on your network gobbling up the bandwidth, or there were problems at Vimeo's end.

I'd try another upload to Vimeo, and maybe one to YouTube or another hosting site to see what's up.
I'm using a Samsung notebook connected to my Trendnet wireless wifi which is connected to my computer. Wife was using the computer at the time. Thanks again for the speedy reply, Capt'n Ron
Last edited by mycaptain; Sep 21, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:37 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
710 Posts
bit OT but out here in the sticks my Internet speed is only 660kbps, like Capt'n Ron my uploads takes hours if I try to upload the hd video from my key cam, you other guys are very lucky to have high speed, what I usually do is take the video from my #11 and use WLMM, edit it then save to my computer that way it's a lot smaller to upload
ray
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,341 Posts
11 minutes is too long for most viewing here on RCG. Keep it less than 3 minutes unless it has a need to be longer. With YouTube you can join small clips later if desired. I also save my file at 5mps for smaller files.

Here, you could take big files on a laptop to McDonald's or Starbucks for high speed internet.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:07 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
435 Posts
download a program called "super"

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html (its a pain to get to the download link they make it annoying for some reason but its GOOD easy to use software)

set the following

1. avi
2. Xvid
3. mp3

next section I have MENCODER selected. not sure what the difference is this was already selected by default so I left it as such

VIDEO
set each box as follows left to right

NOTHING
NO CHANGE
16:9
29.97 (US)
912 (bitrate)
check high quality leave all esle alone

AUDIO

NOTHING
96 (bitrate)

drop your files in the bottom box and click GO (ENCODE)

quality will still be very good (you can up the bitrate if you want more quality 2000kbps is MORE than enough for most of what we do and still 1/3 the file size of the original video)

these settings are "good enough" and will shrink the file to a little less than 1/7th its original size.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:57 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,341 Posts
Anyone know if the new #18 configurable firmware will work for a #11? The colors are said to be more stable.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:36 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Anyone know if the new #18 configurable firmware will work for a #11? The colors are said to be more stable.
#11 cameras will not load #18 FW now. So no, it will not work.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:40 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,043 Posts
So I had an old #11 (v1) camera.
Recorded some stuff, then upgraded it to the latest #18 firmware, just by changing the #18 bin firmware name to the #11's firmware name, and following the regular upgrade procedure.

Works fine. Things I noticed on the #18 firmware (that is running on my #11 v1) (besides that you can now configure stuff):

- colors are a lot warmer (not necessarily a good thing, but its ok, they're also warmer on the real #18)
- audio is extremely low, even when set to "high"
- update: pictures in fact do work
- i didn't get any corruption when switching from dark to light background very fast, i suppose it was an issue from the #18 firmware bugs only

so if this is worth upgrading v1s? well, I guess so. the sound is usually the sound of the prop, so it's no big deal. the old fw works ok, but being able to set exposure and so on is nice. the color switching is also smoother on the #18 firmware, which I like. Oh yeah, and don't forget that you probably can't go back to the old fw
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Last edited by CrashMeUp; Oct 05, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Closed Thread