HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:28 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post
Other than aggressive marketing I don't know why people buy Spektrum. I saw a lot of planes going down because of Spektrum and would never buy one.
Yup. Wouldn't have one.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:30 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,115 Posts
Quote:
Other than aggressive marketing I don't know why people buy Spektrum. I saw a lot of planes going down because of Spektrum and would never buy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
Yup. Wouldn't have one.
haters.Speckles is like the largest,most known system in rc.why wouldnt anyone want one??

Besides the fact xps link is so much better and Ive not lost a plane due to no control since getting me some xps..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,210 Posts
Coming from a guy who lost several planes on spektrum
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
322 Posts
Quote:
Besides the fact xps link is so much better and Ive not lost a plane due to no control since getting me some xps..
Almost didn't see this.
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
haters.Speckles is like the largest,most known system in rc.why wouldnt anyone want one??

Ooooooh. A plus member. I should live so long. Marketing can be a devious tool.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Last edited by tholmes345; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,217 Posts
--Spectrum is more popular and also needs over 2x voltage of Nano to operate so statistically more poor setups with more failures

--XPS only needs 2.0volts for the Nano so less room for a poor setup

--Other factors play as well, I assume

--My 9303 and Nano's work great
G-Forse is offline Find More Posts by G-Forse
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:19 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsubsailor View Post
Coming from a guy who lost several planes on spektrum
lol,see my fine print my brother from another mother.. Ive not lost any due to no control other than my dumb thumbs since going xps/hitec.Aint goin back needer..

by the way,wheres the new radio?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
45 Posts
Ok, I said I'd be quiet and patient...turns out I am neither.
I have an xps module for my 9303, but no rx's. No stock.
I ordered a module and rx (china brand). Two things can happen. 1. It is junk and I burn a plane..... Smarter but poorer.... 2. It works well...... (the worst case for XPS) and I am thrilled. No product to sell can be a killer. Personally, I am staying with my plan to own xps products, but I need to play. However, it is not a good business model, in my opinion. Way off thread.
oldpal44 is offline Find More Posts by oldpal44
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:40 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpal44 View Post
Ok, I said I'd be quiet and patient...turns out I am neither.
I have an xps module for my 9303, but no rx's. No stock.
I ordered a module and rx (china brand). Two things can happen. 1. It is junk and I burn a plane..... Smarter but poorer.... 2. It works well...... (the worst case for XPS) and I am thrilled. No product to sell can be a killer. Personally, I am staying with my plan to own xps products, but I need to play. However, it is not a good business model, in my opinion. Way off thread.
While I feel your frustration, I can see Jim's viewpoint of not producing/stocking anymore of the "old" technology when the new stuff is about to be released (hopefully, before Christmas !)......

Good luck with your Chinese stuff.... I would not trust it in anything but an inexpensive foamy.... but that's just me.

I too have a 9303/module combination but fortunate in the sense that I have enough receivers for my entire fleet plus a couple of extra 8 and 10 channel receivers.....

I do feel that Jim is fully aware of other's view of his "business model". The RC side of his business is reportedly a very small part of his overall plan....

So be it as it may, we're "stuck" with what we have for now.....
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Coz everyone needs a DX6i so you can fly the Parkzone Micros like the Champ and Vapor! :-)

Night Vapor maiden (0 min 57 sec)
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:23 PM
Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post
I do feel that Jim is fully aware of other's view of his "business model". The RC side of his business is reportedly a very small part of his overall plan....
It would seem the RC side of his business is just a hobby. I'm assuming there are few people buying Tx modules since there are essentially no receivers available. This doesn't appear to be of great concern to XPS, so it must not be vital to their business. Everything I read suggests it's good stuff, but it sure seems like it would be frustrating as a customer. Might make more sense to turn the Tx development over to another company and do joint development. XPS could just concentrate on the modules, boards, and receivers -- things that use the DivBee. That seems to be the primary company interest anyway.
prefabu is offline Find More Posts by prefabu
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined May 2002
212 Posts
We are lucky that Jim is involved with rc planes, gliders and jets or we would not have seen even the modules. From what ive been reading from Jim my guess is that the transmitter is complete except a little tweaking of the program on the human interface side. And i think that the only testing left is making sure everything is working fine communicating with the new receivers that jim and his crew have been hard at work on.
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:53 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabu View Post
It would seem the RC side of his business is just a hobby. I'm assuming there are few people buying Tx modules since there are essentially no receivers available. This doesn't appear to be of great concern to XPS, so it must not be vital to their business. Everything I read suggests it's good stuff, but it sure seems like it would be frustrating as a customer. Might make more sense to turn the Tx development over to another company and do joint development. XPS could just concentrate on the modules, boards, and receivers -- things that use the DivBee. That seems to be the primary company interest anyway.
...but this completely misses the essence of what is making a difference: Jim's fanatical pursuit of making a better product in all the little details be can see making a better product. It's all the little details that help be the whole be greater than the sum of the parts... and when you give jobs to people who don't care half as much, well, you get products as a result of being made by people who only care about things on a professional level... when you get people who care about things beyond simply doing their job well, that's when you get remarkable products that push boundaries...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:52 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
6,285 Posts
This reminds of a movie from about 1970, the Paper Chase. It is about law school and the first year students, who set up study groups and assign outlines of various topics among themselves. One guy showed up with a 900 page outline, and when shown the casebook had only 500 pages, said, "It's better than the book."

Well, I hope so.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:47 AM
SAINT PORCHAIRE/ FRANCE
Joined Apr 2009
24 Posts
Hello,

Is it OK to practice helicopter RC with the XPS-16 ?

Soft OK for the last three Gyro technology Flybarless (as like JR TAGS 01 ) ?

Telemetry also ?

Thanks .

FRED
fredtrex17 is offline Find More Posts by fredtrex17
Closed Thread