HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2015, 06:36 AM
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts
Question
Micro HK Pilot - which PDB?

I am currently flying a Quadcopter with KK2.1 Flight Board, 4 x 30A Afro ESC and 4 x DST1200 motors.

To add Telemetry and GPS I decided to purchase the Micro HKPilot Mega Master Set with OSD, GPS, Telemetry Radio and PDB/BEC/Power Sensor. Unfortunately I didn't realize the 60A rating for the PDB.

Can I just replace this PDB with a HK Pilot Power VI Module Distribution Board And Dual UBEC rated for 120A or is it not compatible with the Micro HK Pilot? Is it needed at all? Many setups seem to omit the PDB altogether - what does it do besides "simplifying your setup, reducing points of failures and make for a clean and tidy install", as the product description states?

Thank you for your time and advice!
terlamonte is offline Find More Posts by terlamonte
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 03:09 PM
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts

*bump* Anyone has an idea?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 04:35 PM
reelflyt
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
598 Posts
Hi.

You pretty much nailed it . The ESC's have built in BEC in them so an external separate one is not needed , and some people use a beakout cable instead of the PDB . Your choice .

Gordon
reelflyt is online now Find More Posts by reelflyt
Old Feb 22, 2015, 02:09 PM
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts
Thank you!

Great, so I can give it a try without having to buy more things just now.