HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:25 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Bit of progress, spent about 3 hours being indecisive about how to jam the as much as I can behind the wing saddle and still be able to change power systems quickly without nightmares. We have a plan now

The horns on the 6100s have changed, the new ones are much thicker closer towards the hub than the old ones, and much thicker than any other servo this size. Makes them good for hanging ball links off 4mm carbon tube push rod with the cotton/ca/heatshrink trick securing the threaded rod
Chris, you out there?

Or anybody else who can assist...

I'll be prepping a new Avionik at some point in the coming months (and re-equipping my current Avionik accordingly). I've come to learn that the smoothest, most precise aileron movement is via a carbon pushrod (with wire ends). In the past I've used a tube with a wire.

But my question is, with a pushrod running directly from the servo to the elevator horn, how is the pushrod supported within the fuselage? Wouldn't a support of some kind be desired? I heard something about a piece of foam (I suppose styrofoam or whatever) with a hole in it, but not sure.

Any help?

Thanks.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:42 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,430 Posts
Heya Tim, my ones are not supported by anything in the middle, the carbon tube doesnt flex at all.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:56 PM
Cyprus
Joined Mar 2012
184 Posts
I've build many Avioniks/Swists and all elev have carbon rod direct link no middle support....the connection is rock solid, will need to get back to you on the size of the carbon rod, think it's 5mm off hand.
savneo is offline Find More Posts by savneo
Last edited by savneo; Jan 23, 2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 03:52 PM
Hemet California
Joined Jul 2009
881 Posts
WooHoo, hey Tim, getting to be that time, we run carbon p/rod from central hobbies in the Q40s with no other support (I think they are about 4 or 5mm) I will measure tonite.

just ordered a motor from Neu, but you know me, it isnt conventional. going to play with props between big folders and little screamers...

see ya
DE
D.English is offline Find More Posts by D.English
Old Jan 23, 2015, 05:37 PM
London
Joined Jul 2003
899 Posts
No support on mine. Although it is resting on the fuz bottom.
4mm I believe.
Darron is offline Find More Posts by Darron
Old Jan 23, 2015, 05:38 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,936 Posts
Hey, thanks guys!

You and the guys over in the Pylon Racing forum are all the best! (Some of the people who post in a few of the other threads I've visited are quite rude!)

Anyway, that's what I was hoping (no support for the CF elevator pushrod inside the fuselage).

I found some 4mm and 4.5mm CF pushrod tube laying around the shop here.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:16 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Oct 2013
1,097 Posts
Tim, this I had in my swist .....4mm...2-56....scrapped out of a kite....like every one else non supported
hubcapsteve is offline Find More Posts by hubcapsteve