Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 25, 2007, 09:12 PM
Joined Dec 2007
20 Posts
Discussion
Himoto Syclone Nitro buggy

Hi all, new member.

I recieved a Himoto Syclone .18 2 speed nitro buggy for christmas and I have been trying to find out more information on this model.

As this is my very first Nitro RC I'm entering a brand new world.Not new to RCs though as I have a NR3D heli and a Colt 10 electric on-road.

What is the general consensus on the Syclone?
Zeeko is offline Find More Posts by Zeeko
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2007, 04:10 PM
Westby, MT
Joined Dec 2007
56 Posts
every himoto brand car has a redcatracing lookalike. Redcat cars are pretty good and I think the parts are a little cheaper. Check out redcatracing.com you might be able to find upgrades. If it's a 1/10 it's probably the same as the tornado bb.
hibityhupla is offline Find More Posts by hibityhupla
Old Dec 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
Westby, MT
Joined Dec 2007
56 Posts
I just went and checked it out. To me it looks like the redcat shockwave. They have tons of parts. The only real complaint I had about the tornado was the engine vx .18. You can always swap it when it blows up so it's no big deal. When it does, go with the o.s. 18cv-rx(make sure not to get the one with the (s) in the title. It loads better then what it comes with. Other then that make sure you fill your shocks. They come almost empty. A ton of people at rcuniverse have had problems with the clutch springs breaking right away too. You might want to pick up a spare just in case.
hibityhupla is offline Find More Posts by hibityhupla
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:02 PM
Joined Dec 2007
20 Posts
Mines playing up a little and I know of 2 in town that completely destroyed themselves - they didn't use right mixture in the break-in period, sucks to be them.

Hopefully Redcat do a drill starter adapter as my pull cord come off and I'll be buggered if I'm going to sit there all afternoon trying to retention the spring!
Zeeko is offline Find More Posts by Zeeko
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:20 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1 Posts
Syclone so far!

I recived the Himoto syclone SH .18 2 speed for xmas jus finished breaking in. It flys when it hits second! I used 2 plugs in the break in period, and occasionally the OWB (One way bearing) on the pull start was slipping I removed the plug and poured nitro into the motor tilting it towards the pull start and gently shaking this removes the oil from between the bearing and shaft which was causing it to slip. I then turned the motor over to remove the excess fuel dried machince and plug refitted and it works great. I find this method much faster then removing the pull start.
Cranke is offline Find More Posts by Cranke