HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:01 AM
Joined Jul 2007
14 Posts
Discussion
spoiler programming dx18QQ

I am Futaba convert and looking at programming airbrake function. I would like to raise ailerons on low throttle stick, change elevator too. Also would like to raise ailerons and lower flaps on low throttle.
rogerosburn@bell is offline Find More Posts by rogerosburn@bell
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:08 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
Sherman Knight aka Duworm his a HorizonHobby Sailplane Team Pilot and resident Spektrum programming when it comes to sailplanes, he's got wonderful guide for the DX18.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:19 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerosburn@bell View Post
I am Futaba convert and looking at programming airbrake function. I would like to raise ailerons on low throttle stick, change elevator too. Also would like to raise ailerons and lower flaps on low throttle.
What model type?

These are basic mix functions, from what I see.

To raise ailerons, set up a mix THR > LAL. Set the offset to the point where you want ailerons to begin raising. Set throttle to minimum, then adjust the Rates (neg side) until you get the deployment you want. If you need more than this gives you, you'll need to change from a Normal mix to a Curve mix, as Normal is limited in the amount of displacement available. The "Back Mixing" operation will cause both ailerons to be deflected upwards. If you had used RAL instead of LAL, then that would have given a roll action.

Use the same technique for elevator. If you have select Dual Elevator mode, mix to REL instead of ELE. However...

For flap action I would use switches instead of the throttle stick. You can have coordinated elevator compensation (at a slow speed) with flap action. Insteaf of the first mix, you could mix FLP > LAL to coordinate ailerons up, flaps down, and elevator compensation all at the same time. The flap system is pretty useful!

My 43" Shrike has it set up that way. Everything works off the flight mode switch, and it really helps.

Andy

Build thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1765875
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:37 AM
Joined Jul 2007
14 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply
The model is a Yak. 2 aileron wing ,2 elevator servos.
I would like to be able to flip a switch and raise ailerons on low throttle.
Would the flaperon wing be better?
I have got the thr>lal to work, but cannot figure out switches
Old Jul 24, 2014, 01:36 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
OK, so you have only 2 ailerons, not ailerons + flaps. In that case Flaperon would be necessary.

"Flap" is a virtual function, so the mixing still works to the elevator.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:44 AM
Joined Jul 2007
14 Posts
I got it to work, Thanks