HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2013, 06:54 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,650 Posts
There are a lot of newcomers to the hobby that think that if it isn't made by Align, it must be a clone, when in truth, there are a number of helis made that are not only not clones of Align, but are also much higher quality than Align. Thunder Tiger comes to mind, as well as Compass, etc. I first heard of Copter X about six or seven years ago, when I was first starting out with helis. It was presented as an alternative to Align, but not as a clone.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2013, 11:47 PM
Joined Oct 2007
16 Posts
Incidentally, my first CP heli many years ago was a Mini Titan. Then I went with trex's and I even had a little gaui for a while. That was a bugger to work on. Tiny tiny screws. Been away six years and the amount things have changed is amazing.

Clearly there is confusion as to which helicopters are considered original, and which are clones. At what point do we consider a heli a clone - 95% swabbable parts?

Either way I think I am deciding on a 450/500 clone, dfc head and bind it to a dx6i.
pompeyjohn is offline Find More Posts by pompeyjohn
Old Nov 08, 2013, 06:52 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,605 Posts
Mt v1 fbl

My first electric heli was also a Mini Titan V1. I was going to sell it on, converted back to it's original form, complete with a very basic ACE R/C TX, but the deal fell thru, so I converted it to FBL with an RJX head and ZYX controller. I couldn't believe the difference! The MT had always been stable, but never very agile. With the FBL conversion, it was every bit as agile as my 450 Pros, but smoother and quieter running, and much, much easier to work on. It's my favourite 450 size heli.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Nov 08, 2013, 05:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,015 Posts
HI i am very happy now my heli is not a clone and sorry for misleading you pompeyjohn i was told it was a clone but that was by some one that thinks there is only one heli ever made and thats an align , hand on heart i thought eHirobo was in the USA just shows you how you can get lost on the net , any way like i said most fbl gyros are the same ie zyx copterx 3x1000 etc so go for what one you can get cheap , if you download fbl gyro programmer it works well with all the ones i listed at start and is really easy to use
Thanks to 2doggs and norcalheli for the info about my not so clone as i was told
Let me know what you go for pompeyjohn, just for info i lowered the dfc head by 7mm so its even lower works great
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil