Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 19, 2001, 03:52 AM
Stafford
Joined Sep 2001
12 Posts
Projeti

This is a request for information about a flying wing called Projeti it looks like a cross between a zagi and a pico get its speed 400 pusher powered with twin fins and a canopy.

I think it comes from Germany so any of you gentlemen in that part of the world can you tell me more Like who makes it, is it available in England if not can I send direct for it

A big thank you in advance.
wayne haycock is offline Find More Posts by wayne haycock
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2001, 05:20 AM
Long-Time Member
Cologne, Germany
Joined Dec 1996
2,394 Posts
Yes, the Projeti is a cute little thing looks like a fast parkfly model. It's all foam and doesn't have a removable canopy per se. The appeal is kind of like a baby TwinJet but with one motor and without the long nose.

It's sold by Conzelmann in Germany or a Kavan importer in other countries. Wing span is 82 cm, length 56.3 cm, wing area 16.5 dm2 and weighs appr. 490 grams with a Speed 400/6v and 8 x 500ARs. According to the promotional flyer, the kit includes the motor and prop.

You could enquire about possible dealers by e-mailing Kavan.
James Frolik is offline Find More Posts by James Frolik
Last edited by James Frolik; Nov 19, 2001 at 05:23 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2001, 06:57 AM
urs
switzerland
Joined Dec 2000
708 Posts
projeti

The projeti is longer lasting than the pico ect due to the method of covering it almost completly with huge colered decals, this prevents a lot of hanger rash. i love mine, looks realy good in the air.
urs
urs is offline Find More Posts by urs
Old Nov 19, 2001, 04:22 PM
Slowflier
Palo Alto, CA
Joined Nov 2001
200 Posts
The following URL has the instructions for building the Projeti. It is interesting that it specifies the use of 10 cells, which is on the high side for a speed 400. I wonder if it would be underpowered with a normal Zagi setup.

http://www.conzelmann-modelltechnik....-Anleitung.pdf

In the document above you will also find a drawing that'll let you get an idea of what it looks like.

Michel
adar is offline Find More Posts by adar
Old Nov 20, 2001, 04:53 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,742 Posts
Just guessing, but the recommended "Black Power Motor" is probably the P480 (long can 400) which does great on 10 cells.

Azarr
www.azarr.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Nov 20, 2001, 11:36 AM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
Hey Guys
I have been flying the Projeti on both 8 and 10 cells. Mine is setup per the manufacturer recommendations. Mine is powered by one of the black cased long can speed 400 motors (like those in the Partenavia). Prop is a Graupner 5.5x4.3 Cam. The kit comes with a 6V Speed 400 motor and a Gunther prop.
This is a good looking and great flying little wing. The airfoil is thinner than on some of the other wings and this makes this one fast! I am flying mine on a totally basic Focus 3 radio with no problems. The engineering on this kit is very impressive, very well thought out. Servo mounts are perfect size for Hitec 55's and are molded into the wing, the decals are large and do double duty of adding strength and protecting from scuffs and scrapes. There is a small raised part on the trailing edge of the wing next to the inboard end of the elevon. Before launching you raise the trim of the elevons with your transmitter till they are even with the top of the marker, you are then ready for launch. After the initial climbout you retrim to neutral for the flight.
The canopy is removable for changing the batteries, it is held in place with Velcro at the rear and a tongue at the front. I have flown mine with both 10 and 8 cell packs. On ten cells the plane is ballistic, very fast with a very quick roll rate and sustained vertical. On eight cells I was surprised that it was still a powerful performer, not quite the same speed but still impressive.
Hobby Lobby will be carrying this in the near future; it should be a hit.

The basic specs are:

32" wingspan, 240 sq.in. wing area, 21" long, for 3 channel control elevons and motor control. Flying weight about 19 to 20 oz. and wing loading about 11 to 12 oz/sq. ft.

Mike Hines
Hiflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hiflyer