Closed Thread
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:23 PM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,433 Posts
Discussion
UKAP Meeting Staffordshire 21-22 July

Here is the planning thread for an AP- AV- FPV meeting to be held in Staffordshire as proposed by Paul ‘English Electric’ in the date polling thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1581268

We already have a fair number who would like to attend this meet up but there is always room for more.
These events are always friendly and informative, everyone is welcome to attend.

‘Askman’ has very kindly said he will put up a door prise for this event so we will need to decide on some sort of contest for the weekend.

Over to you Paul!

Gray.
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:59 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
United Kingdom, England, Farnham
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
Thanks Gray.

We are looking at our usual UKAP event being in September, which is too long to wait, so we've slipped an extra meet in!

Our meetings have been down South so far, so Staffordshire should encourage more of our Northern cousins to attend, while still being doable for us Southerners.

Having spent six months living with my in-laws in Staffs, I got to know the area pretty well.

For those that can make it up on the Friday, I and a few others i'm sure will be there.

The venue is very close to the village of Alton - as in Alton Towers. I'm heading up that way next month and aim to get a campsite confirmed. I'd rather talk face to face with a campsite owner when trying to persuade them to let us have an area to fly in!

The places i have in mind to AP are Alton Castle, JCB World Headquaters, church and adjacent ruined buildings, An Abbey ruin, if I can sort out a suitable launch site, a steam railway and some slope soaring.

Fingers crossed for good weather!

Paul.
English Electric is offline Find More Posts by English Electric
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:38 PM
I fly with my little eye
Lancashire, England
Joined Jul 2005
1,834 Posts
Fab, Paul,

It looks like you have really thought about potential activities and venues in the vicinity.
Please let me know if you need any support with any of this. We now have a collective portfolio which will help potential site owners warm to our cause...The offer of free AP will help oil the wheels of our visit.

Cheers!

Andrew.
Swanlander is offline Find More Posts by Swanlander
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:53 PM
England
Joined Dec 2005
308 Posts
That's just down the road not far from Ashbourne so I'll try to attend.
Steve Mills is offline Find More Posts by Steve Mills
Last edited by Steve Mills; Mar 11, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:39 AM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,433 Posts
Hope you can make it Steve it will be good to meet you.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:05 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,084 Posts
so, I need to send something by may/june time. great. I should have a full portfolio of product by then . and i have to decide on what
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
so, I need to send something by may/june time. great. I should have a full portfolio of product by then . and i have to decide on what
Thanks for that
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
Hornchurch, Essex, UK
Joined Jul 2006
320 Posts
Sounds good, hope to make it again this year.

Pete
hartrockets is offline Find More Posts by hartrockets
Old May 01, 2012, 02:18 PM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Electric View Post
Thanks Gray.

We are looking at our usual UKAP event being in September, which is too long to wait, so we've slipped an extra meet in!

Our meetings have been down South so far, so Staffordshire should encourage more of our Northern cousins to attend, while still being doable for us Southerners.

Having spent six months living with my in-laws in Staffs, I got to know the area pretty well.

For those that can make it up on the Friday, I and a few others i'm sure will be there.

The venue is very close to the village of Alton - as in Alton Towers. I'm heading up that way next month and aim to get a campsite confirmed. I'd rather talk face to face with a campsite owner when trying to persuade them to let us have an area to fly in!

The places i have in mind to AP are Alton Castle, JCB World Headquaters, church and adjacent ruined buildings, An Abbey ruin, if I can sort out a suitable launch site, a steam railway and some slope soaring.

Fingers crossed for good weather!

Paul.
Did you manage to secure the campsite Paul?

Gray.
Old May 01, 2012, 04:32 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
I've secured the field next door to Katrina's Auntie for free!

They can run a lead to us for power and we have use of a bathroom. For David there is a choice of two B&B'S within a hundred yards.

A lovely location along a country lane with a Pub a mile away and we can fly there. :-)

Have scouted out some more locations too.

Those wanting B&B, let me know and I'll give you the relivent info. Being so close to Alton Towers, I'd be quick, as they get booked up.

Paul.
Old May 02, 2012, 04:12 AM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Paul do you have a post code (or map) for the camp site so we can have a look around the area on Google maps to find sutable AP targets?
Badllarma is offline Find More Posts by Badllarma
Old May 02, 2012, 12:48 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
ST103DS. i already know the locations. will work out an itinery.

Paul.
Old May 02, 2012, 01:14 PM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,433 Posts
Thanks Paul looks like a good location!!

Gray
Old May 03, 2012, 01:47 AM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Bloody hell didn't know it was that close to me! I could go home for tea lol but I won't, still be camping
Badllarma is offline Find More Posts by Badllarma
Old May 03, 2012, 02:43 PM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,193 Posts
Would have possibly been interested in coming up but the Olympic Torch passes through Guildford on the Friday and there's an evening celebration in Stoke Park too ... not sure I would feel like driving up to the Peaks the following morning!

Hope you guys have a fantastic time though! I love the Peaks ... just wish they were a bit closer!

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Closed Thread