HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:14 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
I don't know what to suggest, sorry. I haven't had any problems using my XP laptop and as you saw, I was able to flash the CX using the patched version of the Tarot app.

I would have thought the new CX version with the selectable coms port would have worked as well as John's app, when it comes to connecting.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:32 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
I will PM you a link shortly with a version of the FBL software to try. It will not require you to connect to the gyro first like the tarot software, so you should be able to try the upgrade again.
Hi John,
could you please share link to this soft with all of us?
Thanks
ablack is offline Find More Posts by ablack
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:38 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablack View Post
Hi John,
could you please share link to this soft with all of us?
Thanks
I would rather supply it on request for a special need at the moment as the firmware is not the only change to the software at the moment.
I have also started changing the program to try and cope with 2 sets of settings in the INI file to cover each of the modes (or conditions as Tarot calls them).
The trouble is, I haven't figured out a good way of dealing with having the 2 modes,
so the current version is some what experimental and fiddly when it comes to dealing with the 2 modes.
I really don't want to release it as a general release and then have people confused about what it is doing.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:58 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I don't know what to suggest, sorry. I haven't had any problems using my XP laptop and as you saw, I was able to flash the CX using the patched version of the Tarot app.

I would have thought the new CX version with the selectable coms port would have worked as well as John's app, when it comes to connecting.
Which CX version would that be? I don't see any com port options in any versions I've tried so far except John's.

I was beginning to wonder if it was anything to do with the way that John's software actually installs, whereas the others appear to just run, after installing the USB driver. My next step will have to be a full uninstall of John's software (safe in the knowledge i can easily re-install it) and see if that helps.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:30 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Which CX version would that be? I don't see any com port options in any versions I've tried so far except John's.

I was beginning to wonder if it was anything to do with the way that John's software actually installs, whereas the others appear to just run, after installing the USB driver. My next step will have to be a full uninstall of John's software (safe in the knowledge i can easily re-install it) and see if that helps.
This one:
v1.2: http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/CX-PB002-3X1000.zip
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:36 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,605 Posts
Eureka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Bingo! Com 11 did it!

On my CX 3x1000, I note that all the parameter values remain unchanged when I flip from condition 1 to condition 2, which may be why I've not had any weird behaviours from the controller, if your theory is true. (and it seems like a very plausible theory)

There are a couple of things I notice. First of all, it's not possible to select any of the tabbed screens by clicking on the tab - though the "Next" button works. I recall that being pointed out quite a while back, so it's surprising they haven't fixed it - or maybe it's just an XP thing.

Secondly, when I go into the "monitor" screen, everything is flashing, approx twice a second. It's still usable, but seems to be some sort of glitch. I don't see the LED's on the controller flashing in sync with this effect.

Thanks for the link! I was starting to feel like a bit of a dweeb!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:54 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,760 Posts
I have got the Zyx software program to open , and have downloaded the USB driver and rebooted my PC but can not get the ZYX unit to connect to the program.

Anyone know what is up here?

I'm just trying to update the firmware , I have the program box and it works fine for my use.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:04 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Bingo! Com 11 did it!
And that's why it won't connect to any of the other apps. It's has to be 4 or lower for the apps that search for the coms port.

Quote:
On my CX 3x1000, I note that all the parameter values remain unchanged when I flip from condition 1 to condition 2, which may be why I've not had any weird behaviours from the controller, if your theory is true. (and it seems like a very plausible theory)
The app works a bit strangely when it comes to the conditions. I don't think they get the current values from the gyro when you switch conditions. When I had the conditions linked to the aux channel, I had to change the aux switch at the main screen and then enter the advanced screen to see the other values.

Quote:
There are a couple of things I notice. First of all, it's not possible to select any of the tabbed screens by clicking on the tab - though the "Next" button works. I recall that being pointed out quite a while back, so it's surprising they haven't fixed it - or maybe it's just an XP thing.
I think they want you to do them in the order of the tab, so that is why the tabs don't work. A bit silly after you have done the setup and are just coming into setup to tweak, say, the collective range.

Quote:
Secondly, when I go into the "monitor" screen, everything is flashing, approx twice a second. It's still usable, but seems to be some sort of glitch. I don't see the LED's on the controller flashing in sync with this effect.
I'm not sure about this one. I will have to check it out.

Quote:
Thanks for the link! I was starting to feel like a bit of a dweeb!
You're welcome.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
I have got the Zyx software program to open , and have downloaded the USB driver and rebooted my PC but can not get the ZYX unit to connect to the program.

I'm just trying to update the firmware , I have the program box and it works fine for my use.
You need to run the driver software (which will almost certainly call for a reboot of your PC), then start up the FBL software - when you plug in the USB dongle you should find a new port on the drop down box - select that one and hit connect.

This will check that you are connecting properly - I haven't updated yet, so others can answer that part

Good luck,
Mike
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
367 Posts
Cap231ex,

Sometimes I have too hit the connect button afew times to get it to connect. Then other times it will connect on the first try.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:06 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
Quote:

As I just mentioned to 2doggs, have you checked the assigned coms port for the USB link is com4 or below? If you don't see the blue led flash in the USB link after clicking connect, then the coms port is assigned a number too high.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:08 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
Cap231ex,

Sometimes I have too hit the connect button afew times to get it to connect. Then other times it will connect on the first try.
+1, I've seen this also.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,760 Posts
How do I go about checking and/or changing the com port?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:18 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,760 Posts
Ok I went into my device manager and changed the USB port to com4 and still no joy or connection.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
How do I go about checking and/or changing the com port?
For future reference, I have a section on this on my website as the question comes up a bit.
http://fbl.net.nz/info/adapter
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ