HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:09 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
sbach is the sexiest modern prop airplane made.
Amen! Hope it flys well to!
flarpy is online now Find More Posts by flarpy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:46 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
920 Posts
Kody, Thanks for pointing me toward the Futaba S3114 servo as a much better Crack Yak servo for the totally lame TH CS40D that went bad after only 10 flippin flights. The S3114 is awesome, twice the torque & close to the same weight. I will be carving the TH servos out pronto, crushing them & burning them, oh but I am not bitter.lol

Flop, Thanks for offering up a replacement servo last night & tossing me a GWS prop to try. Had fun flying indoors for the first time eventually with just ailerons & elevator after I lost my rudder servo. Can you say “dead man flyin”…bouncing off the walls, posts, ceiling rafters, basketball hoops, bleachers, ground & almost off you & Steve. Hey but I still brought home a fully intact Crack Yak, though little sob's aren't they!

Thanks Vitter, Supatim, Flop, Kody & Steve for putting up with the indoor rooky last night. Had a complete blast.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Dec 09, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:32 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
Kody, Thanks for pointing me toward the Futaba S3114 servo as a much better Crack Yak replacement for the totally lame TH CS40D servos that went bad after only 10 flippin flights. The S3114 is awesome, twice the torque & close to the same weight. I will be carving the TH servos out pronto, crushing them & burning them, oh but I am not bitter.lol

Flop, Thanks for offering up a replacement servo last night & tossing me a GWS prop to try. Had fun flying indoors for the first time eventually with just ailerons & elevator after I lost my rudder servo. Can you say “dead man flyin”…bouncing off the walls, posts, ceiling rafters, basketball hoops, bleachers, ground & almost off you & Steve. Hey but I still brought home a fully intact Crack Yak, though little sob's aren't they!

Thanks Vitter, Supatim, Flop, Kody & Steve for putting up with the indoor rooky last night. Had a complete blast.

Those 3114s are awesome. My dad just replaced the servos in one of his warbirds with those and I found an older one lying around. The centering is spot on now and I didn't realize how crisp they are. I would bypass the TH servos for those. I had one of the TH servos just quit out of nowhere then start working again after I had already cut it out. Another stripped a gear when the motor cogged out and landed on the tail which is another issue I'm not going to bother with.

I love my crackyak but I'm having issues with a bad motor(which killed a servo). I sent the motor back and talked with Brad and he said he coudn't get it to cog, it only happens after about a minute once the ESC and motor both start getting hot. He sent it back and is still having issues. I alleviated the ESC as the issue as the motor overheats any of the 3 12amp ESC I tried it on. Now the last thing to check is the bullet connectors for a bad connection. I'm going to solder them direct tonight and see if that fixes anything. If not it's going back again.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Last edited by m0dest; Dec 09, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:13 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
987 Posts
Quote:
Kody, Thanks for pointing me toward the Futaba S3114 servo as a much better Crack Yak replacement for the totally lame TH CS40D servos that went bad after only 10 flippin flights. The S3114 is awesome, twice the torque & close to the same weight. I will be carving the TH servos out pronto, crushing them & burning them, oh but I am not bitter.lol

Lee i had a extra servo you could of had last night had I knew you lost yours. I used a ton of your CA glue all night with patches and repairs just to keep flying with all the alligators out there . LOL
pro bro steve is online now Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Apr 2008
286 Posts
Im looknig for a DA100/DA100l and cans for a friend. He has a tight budget so im looking for a reasonable price. PM what you got. Doesnt have to be brand spankin new.

thanks
harv_d is offline Find More Posts by harv_d
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:03 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
Lee I used a ton of your CA glue all night with patches and repairs just to keep flying with all the alligators out there . LOL
At times it was absolutely crazy out there with Alligator Tim, Crocodile Vitter, Barracuda Kody & Piranha Flop gettin after it with a 3D free for all.
Props were buzzin, Foam was flying, Spectators were running for cover! At one point Vitter even came after me, I just saw a blur of foam & was thinking about diving under a table!
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Dec 10, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:22 AM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
762 Posts
not sure if any of you are in this club but looks like some sad news for them

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=117
furballll is online now Find More Posts by furballll
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:21 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
404 Posts
Quote:
At times it was absolutely crazy out there with Alligator Tim, Crocodile Vitter, Barracuda Kody & Piranha Flop gettin after it with a 3D free for all.
Props were buzzin, Foam was flying, Spectators were running for cover! At one point Vitter even came after me, I all saw was a blur of foam & I was thinking about diving under at table!
Yeah but remember, only vitter was able to draw blood from ...... vitter. One the coolest rudder loops around the neck I ever saw !
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
The DWs do not look like Crack yaks imho. The wings on the DW are more tapered, the tail is longer and the elevators are way different.

Those new DWS look awesome, I know Mike has been working hard on EPP planes as an answer to the popularity of the Crack planes. More foamies = more fun.
If they fly as well as the Cracks then it's a matter of cost and styling choice. Choice is good
Sounds like I missed a good time of indoor flying
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MCSGUY; Dec 10, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:21 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
987 Posts
Yeah but remember, only vitter was able to draw blood from ...... vitter. One the coolest rudder loops around the neck I ever saw !

He even grabbed it before it hit the ground. Vitter wish I had that on video it was amazing.
pro bro steve is online now Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:23 PM
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Jan 2008
195 Posts
EG Slick 50cc

Anyone interested in a well loved (used) 50cc EG Slick?

I picked this up from Cryhavoc38 earlier this year and flew the bejesus out of it over the summer! I did have a dead stick (in a hover no less) that ended in the landing gear being ripped out. Everything went back together without much trouble and the planes performance didn't suffer. I rebuilt the landing gear mounting plate and patched up the cowling and repainted, although the paint match didn't turn out perfectly.

It has Spot-On RC servo arms and bling washers for all flight surfaces that'll go along with the airframe.

Anyways, cryhavoc38 gave me a really good deal and I'd like to pass the savings on! Considering its Christmas season, I think $100 to a local guy would be fare. You'd have to pick it up though. I've got it shelved in my shop in Ferndale (about an hour north of Seattle).

PM or email (Justin@truemachine)
jredingt is online now Find More Posts by jredingt
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:31 PM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
258 Posts
EG Slick 50cc

PM sent
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Jan 2008
195 Posts
That was fast!

Eight minutes folks! Eight minutes is all the time it took to move the Slick!

This thread is great!
jredingt is online now Find More Posts by jredingt
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:09 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,469 Posts
Congrats Justin!
And to Tconners... you got a heck of a deal!

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:00 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
Congrats Justin!
And to Tconners... you got a heck of a deal!

D-Man
NO !!

I knew I should have subscribe to this thread.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest