Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:01 PM
Joined Nov 2009
2 Posts
Alert
wowhobbies.com General Common sense (defected item from shop)

Hello all.. please understand my poor English.

I ordered WK-2801 pro controller with 4#3b upgraded combo set from wow******.com.
As soon as I got this package I opened the box and tested all conditions.
Finally I realized one of digital trim button on 2801 controller has one defect.
Problem was it is hard to press the button. Button is not reliable.
It is New item, and I never used it.
So I requested them to exchange to replacement one.
Also I requested to send me shipping label for returning process..
(In my experience I always get return label from seller such as buy.com newegg.com, etc)
I believe that most this kinds of case seller has to pay every expense.

Because they send me a defected item, seller has to send a return label to buyer
at the same time seller re-send a replacement item to customer with their cost.
Am I thinking wrong ??

I got answers from them as follow,

-------------------------------------
Sent:Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:24:29 +0000
Hi, you will have to pay shipping back to us and we will pay shipping to you.
--------------------------------------
Sent: Thu 11/19/09 7:23 PM
Hi, now I understand. Go ahead and sent it back. Our address is in our site under contact us. Please include a description and the order number with the return.
----------------------------------------
Sent: Thu 11/19/09 7:04 PM
Hi, customer pays shipping to us and we pay shipping to customer. That is industry standard.

My question is "That is industry standard." <--- this part.
What is the general common rule or common sense In this case ??
Who is gonna pay for exchange processing cost?

Please leave a shot comment .
Thank you.
moonbst1 is offline Find More Posts by moonbst1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2009, 09:29 PM
Joined Dec 2009
13 Posts
I'm going through some BS with them at them moment as well. Wish I had read this first.

Tim
tmetz is offline Find More Posts by tmetz
Old Jan 02, 2010, 09:59 AM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,778 Posts
even with large companies such as tower horizon ect.. you in most cases need to pay shipping back to them for issues such as this.. there are cases however where they make a mistake "wrong item completely or similar" where they will either pay shipping or send the new item and tell you to keep the mistake "normally cheaper product"

i understand your point though.. in some cases it costs as much to ship it back for replacement as the item itself did.... in these cases i usually call customer service directly and explain that ive already paid for the item once..... i dont wish to pay for it twice to get a working/correct item.. in that case tower/horizon will usually issue a shipping label or number but its a rare case
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:59 AM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmetz View Post
I'm going through some BS with them at them moment as well. Wish I had read this first.
Same here.
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:08 AM
Suspended Account
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
If you pay the shipping cost to send the item back to them, and they rapidly send you a replacement, then I'd say you've done pretty well. We'll see how quickly, and if they send a replacement, after you do that.

If the item is small, then the shipping can be quite reasonable.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:33 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,799 Posts
More and More places now won't cover warranty or any form of return shipping costs even if the item was clearly sent defective from them.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:24 AM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
I had to pay the shipping for a return to Wow Hobbies. Fortunately there are better vendors who actually care about their customers and customer service like MyAtomic and they send you a preprinted shipping label.
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon