SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 07:39 AM
Find More Posts by keffe1
Deranged long range
Sweden, Uppsala County, Uppsala
Joined Aug 2013
447 Posts
FPV'd mine. Now I just have to try flying her FPV which I probably will do tonight. Tried to pirate in a picture but my f*****g phone tells me it's not a valid image file.
keffe1 is offline Find More Posts by keffe1
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by Daedalus66
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
18,181 Posts
Hobby King Skipper/Joysway Dragonfly

Forget flaperons. They are ineffective and unnecessary. If you feel the need for any such assistance, explore spoileron action (raising the ailerons about 20 degrees) to create extra drag. But be careful, as application of any kind of up or down elevon at speed will produce violent pitch up or pitch down. This sort of thing is interesting to play with but not helpful for normal flying.

If the model is landing too fast, that's simply a matter of piloting technique. It can be landed at very low speed within just a few feet. This type of landing has been called the "Polaris Plop", but can be done equally well with Skipper.

Best prop is APC 6x4.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Today, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by keffe1
Deranged long range
Sweden, Uppsala County, Uppsala
Joined Aug 2013
447 Posts
Right. Think I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Is it just me that finds the plane a bit underpowered? Actually, for a while I thought the prop was on the wrong way or something but that does not appear to be the case. The plane seems to consume amps in a way that is not in proportion to the thrust that comes out. It's even quite difficult to take off by throwing the plane and I have had aborted take-offs/crashes several times. Any ideas?

Anyway, re-maiden today but now as an FPV-plane which was fun.
keffe1 is offline Find More Posts by keffe1
Old Today, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keffe1 View Post
Right. Think I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Is it just me that finds the plane a bit underpowered? Actually, for a while I thought the prop was on the wrong way or something but that does not appear to be the case. The plane seems to consume amps in a way that is not in proportion to the thrust that comes out. It's even quite difficult to take off by throwing the plane and I have had aborted take-offs/crashes several times. Any ideas?

Anyway, re-maiden today but now as an FPV-plane which was fun.
How does it sound? This may not help if you are not familiar with 2200KV motors, but at full throttle with a 6x4 prop on they almost scream, but not quite.

We are talking about the stock motor & prop on 3S, right? My stock Skipper w/a 1300mah, 3S battery will ROG easily so hand launch should be no problem.

Let's start at the beginning:

1. Looking from the nose of the plane at the motor, rotation should be CCW, prop lettering facing you.

2. ESC calibrated to give full output at max throttle stick position?

3. Prop adapter tight on shaft?
Mazzepa1 is online now Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
Old Today, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by zeeinbc
Joined Jan 2015
28 Posts
keffe: can you post some images of the FPV setup.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put the camera and transmitter.

The transmitter gets quite hot, so i think It'll have to be outside the body, which means water.. any images you have would be awesome, I've seen a few so far, but I'm not sure I can fly with the camera up on a pod just yet, since most of my skipper landings end up with the nose going under for a second and then the whole thing popping back out!

I've lawndarted the skipper enough that its primary role right now is to push broken boats back to shore - so FPV would be fun

Skipper saves the day! sorta. (0 min 37 sec)
zeeinbc is online now Find More Posts by zeeinbc