SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by A VIKING
Joined Mar 2012
1,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
Troy said that sometimes when the bearing block isn't drilled perfectly straight, then the bearing makes a clicking noise. I remember when I switched bearings it disappeared, but then came back again. Bearings are smooth as butter when I remove them.

well, anyways, something is making a clicking sound and I'll eventually probably find it some day..(RJX600 heli) Also, clicking gets worse when I tighten the belt more. belt driven tail.

Interesting.

I guess we need to hear what the other guy hears in order to figure it out.

There is also another clicking that you may hear from the tail and that is from the tail belt and tail shaft pulley.
When the belt has sat in the same position on the pulley while under normal tension it has a tendency to "stick" slightly to the pulley.
When you pull the rotor through you will hear a series of clicks as the belt teeth unseat from the pulley teeth.
This sound will not come back unless the rotor has sat idle long enough for the belt to stick once again to the pulley.
I use this as an indicator my belt may need some lubrication.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,442 Posts
Yep, white lightning clean ride wax lube, it will never happen again. Also, a couple sources for the 'clicking' noise are related to the secondary shaft up down movements. I shim mine to eradicate that play. Don't get the shaft too tight so the pinion seats too hard against the bearing though. And the bolts that seat the gears onto the shafts, commonly called the Jesus bolts. Usually have too much play or are threaded, so they click in the seats as the shafts turn. Again I run thicker non threaded shanked bolts through mine. Zero noise ever.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Today, 02:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,538 Posts
So LMH you use the wax based lube on your belts as well?
I am still using the silicon lube with Teflon on mine but I believe the wax lube would have better staying power.
Going to try out some new Pulse batteries in the Urukay tomorrow.
Will be using the 5000 45c batteries as opposed to the 5000 65c.
Really looking forward to 300 grams less weight.
Old Today, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
California Style
United States, CA, El Mirage
Joined May 2007
1,548 Posts
those are the lipos im using, 6S5000 45C, they are running real cool but the motor (scorp 4525 520 ultimate) gets a bit warm. a new vent was added to facilitate better cooling . would the 800 series motors be better or run cooler and will they fit ?
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old Today, 05:39 PM
Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
I'm breaking-in helis.
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
2,973 Posts
my clicking...VERY LOUD from phone..

#1 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...FBKQmZIczNaR2M
#2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...XZjSVVyZ1lKZEk
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Today, 07:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,538 Posts
Quote:

Wow that is loud.
Should be easy to find it's so loud.
Don't know what to tell you as I thought it was a Goblin and my experience with other ships is narrow.
Maybe one of the other guys on here will recognize the ship and what the noise may be coming from, but yeah, it's loud!
Old Today, 07:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
those are the lipos im using, 6S5000 45C, they are running real cool but the motor (scorp 4525 520 ultimate) gets a bit warm. a new vent was added to facilitate better cooling . would the 800 series motors be better or run cooler and will they fit ?

LMH what do you think?
I couldn't tell you honestly.
I know what I know...and that I don't know.
Old Today, 07:32 PM
I'm breaking-in helis.
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
Wow that is loud.
Should be easy to find it's so loud.
Don't know what to tell you as I thought it was a Goblin and my experience with other ships is narrow.
Maybe one of the other guys on here will recognize the ship and what the noise may be coming from, but yeah, it's loud!
it's very loud recording with my phone. It's not that loud in reality. I mean you can hear it clearly, but not to where speakers are blowing out anyways, the heli is RJX600 i thought EVERYBODY knew what I'm flying..
Old Today, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,205 Posts
Quote:
TT or belt? That sounds like a tail RPM more than main rotor or main gear, etc.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Today, 08:49 PM
I'm breaking-in helis.
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
2,973 Posts
it's a belt tail. ok i'll stop, I was kind of trying to "glue" to the clicking conversation with my heli doing the same clicking, but this clicking conversation sorta drifted towards my heli and now goblin clicking problem is starting to drift towards "generic" clicking and I may be a tipoc hijacker.

good night, fellas.