New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2015, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by NordicBrit
Joined Mar 2015
1 Posts
Discussion
Original Graupner Electra Kit

Hello,

My wife's father passed away a couple of years back and this unused kit has been gathering dust so we thought it's about time we found out if this is of any interest to someone.

The kit looks like it's from the 50s or 60s and includes a 31 page booklet in German and English and even the original glue and lacquer.

What's the best way to find a good home for this kit?

Rob
NordicBrit is offline Find More Posts by NordicBrit
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2015, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by Reginald
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
5,269 Posts
It was still in the Graupner 1960 catalog but dates back to the early fifties, first as a plan and later in kit form. Not a kit collector myself but this should go at least 500€ on ebay Germany even though the box is not pristine, there's still serious kit collecting in Deutschland altough the fabulous high prices have gone.
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Mar 17, 2015, 06:39 AM
Find More Posts by kkphantom
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
708 Posts
500 Euros to sit on some collector's shelf....what a shame
kkphantom is offline Find More Posts by kkphantom
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by Gluehand
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,153 Posts
The "Electra" kit was available in the 1956 SEMO catalogue, as was also a separate plans set (5 sheets) as an option.
Gluehand is offline Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:23 AM
igi
Find More Posts by igi
igi
Easy Glider
Hildesheim, Germany
Joined Nov 2002
132 Posts
Hi Rob,
I am very interested in the Elektra kit, as it was the plane that inspired my lifelong addiction to RC flying. I first saw it flown at the age of 7 , it belonged to a collegue of my father, but no matter how much I begged my father to build one, it was way out of the financial scope at the time.... Even nowadays I'am not able to spend 500 EUR on it, but in case it has not found a new home in the meantime drop me a Private Message (PM) here in the Forum or let me know if you put in on ebay ... in any case thanks for sharingthe nice photos

Ingo
igi is offline Find More Posts by igi