New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2015, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by WellCrafted
Joined May 2015
19 Posts
Help!
Quadcopter is upside down in cleanflight

This problem has been stressing the out of me and I can't figure out for the life of me what is causing the issue. I have searched everywhere above and beyond for an answer with no luck. As the title says my quadcopter flips upside down in cleanflight. I'm using the full naze32 with cleanflight 1.9 connected to my D4r receiver via CPPM. My Lumenier 12a NFET autoshot ESCs are also connected to the servo inputs. I also have the discovery buzzer, voltage, and telemetry pins connected to the board.

Now the problem only shows up intermittently mainly after landing. After calibrating the accelerometer and gyro on flat surface I'm able to arm and fly the copter. Then when I land and try to arm it again it doesn't want to arm, even if I power the quad and transmitter down and back up. If I connect the quad to cleanflight in this state it shows the quad is perfectly upside down. What causes this? I've tried everything like reflashing cleanflight and even trying a new board. I get the feeling that a sensor is causing this because when I used a new naze 32 acro instead this problem doesn't show up but it does show up again when using a new full naze 32. Yes I have already swapped the full naze with a new one and the problem is back. The only thing I could think of is that the VTX which sits above the Naze attached to the topplate is causing something to go haywire. BTW the frame is CF QAV250 and the motors are T-motor 1806 2300kv but the Naze is in a plastic case and insulated from the frame. What could cause this???
WellCrafted is offline Find More Posts by WellCrafted
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2015, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Wife sponsored
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2014
1,326 Posts
Is it saving all your other settings like PID's and mode settings and stuff?

It should be saving the acc calibration too, seems like yours isn't. You should be able to set it with the CLI to perminately change the defined orientation, I doubt this is it but do a dump and look for something like set acc_offset=0 (I don't think offset is the right word tho but don't remember it off the top of my head). You can find what the different options are in the documentation, it's got 8 options which cover every possible orientation, you'll either get how to figure it out (based off the not that helpful list) or you can guess and check lol.
Cereal_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by LiqrSicc
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2008
305 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? My buddy is having the same issue and we've tried everything possible.
LiqrSicc is offline Find More Posts by LiqrSicc
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by WellCrafted
Joined May 2015
19 Posts
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

It turns out that the motors were unbalanced and were causing vibrations to the board. So I mounted the naze32 case on a piece of foam borad and poof my problem disappeared. Check out the link below.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....457#post726457
WellCrafted is offline Find More Posts by WellCrafted