New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2015, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by willhappy
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined May 2008
179 Posts
Discussion
What a good dirt bike for a newbe

hi was looking into getting a rc dirt bike, so what a good brand to get.
I live in the uk and near a beach. I have seen a Anderson M5 bike, would this be any good
will
willhappy is offline Find More Posts by willhappy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2015, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,414 Posts
The M5 is fine. Robust, cheap and can actually get around a bit off road.

Advice for running on sand.

Upgrade the esc and motor to the biggest silliest turn you can get within reason of course.. I have a 9t 4350Kv cheapo brushless combo which could have done with more ooomph at times, but any higher would be too much anywhere else in all sense. You will also be at 100% throttle nearly 100% of the time on sand, and dry sand is a bugger to ride on BUT I hasten to add, I've never done that golfist thing of raking it smooth so a rake(?!) might be handy!

Go to Lipo but you'd have to to power the motor upgrade.

Tried editing the above to make sense. Still cocked it up but I hope it conveys some logical reasoning...

The Sky SR4 maybe worth a look, but only if you can get a barely used second hand one. I still reckon they need to drop the RRP of the new ones to around 200 or a bit under to be worth it for me, but that is my opinion only and not even one of an owner at that, but that's what would tempt me...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jul 01, 2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2015, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by willhappy
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined May 2008
179 Posts
hi jonathan thanks mate, was thinking about racing up in the dunes but as you have said it a bugger in soft sand so wet sand when the tide is out would be a better deal. The M5 would come from modelsport a good shop in the uk.
will
willhappy is offline Find More Posts by willhappy
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by maryannvigil
Joined Aug 2015
2 Posts
I agree that M5 is indeed the best.
maryannvigil is offline Find More Posts by maryannvigil