New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 11, 2013, 03:06 PM
sidneyw is offline
Find More Posts by sidneyw
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
New Product
DJI Phantom FC40

They keep on coming ......

Phantom FC40 camera weights only 36 grams; shoots 720p and still image. This packs the Phantom V1.1.1 using 5.8 Ghz transmitter. The built-in WiFi using Android and iPhone apps will turn on/off both video and still with zoom function.

Android app is now available; iOS app will be in a few day. Official announcement is forthcoming (10 days or less).

This is the little brother of Phantom Vision at much lower price point. It does not have WiFi extender ... I am one of those fly within 100 meters for video and still image; this distance is plenty for me.

Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dji.smartphone
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by sidneyw; Dec 11, 2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add link to FC40 android app
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
Phantom604 is offline
Find More Posts by Phantom604
The Ground is the Limit
Phantom604's Avatar
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2013
1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
They keep on coming ......

Phantom FC40 camera weights only 36 grams; shoots 720p and still image. This packs the Phantom V1.1.1 using 5.8 Ghz transmitter. The built-in WiFi using Android and iPhone apps will turn on/off both video and still with zoom function.

Android app is now available; iOS app will be in a few day. Official announcement is forthcoming (10 days or less).

This is the little brother of Phantom Vision at much lower price point. It does not have WiFi extender ... I am one of those fly within 100 meters for video and still image; this distance is plenty for me.


ARE you saying the wifi on that FC40 camera can reach 100 meters (328')?
How about the safe range of the 5.8 radio controller?

I never thought I would be interested in this platform, but the ability to free up 2.4 for wifi DIY and playing with a plethora of high quality small wifi based cameras like the RX100 is interesting =) Add a small servo for pitch and thats all you need for photographs.

The Price is?
Phantom604 is offline Find More Posts by Phantom604
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 03:21 PM
sidneyw is offline
Find More Posts by sidneyw
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
I did a quick google search for Phantom FC40
https://www.google.com/search?q=DJI+...q=Phantom+FC40

Yes, I was informed in ideal condition the range is about 100 meters. But, even with Phantom Vision I don't have the need to go over 100 meters (that's me).

The 5.8 Ghz is used on Vision ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2019429
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 03:48 PM
eirlink is online now
Find More Posts by eirlink
Registered User
eirlink's Avatar
Ireland
Joined Mar 2013
5,119 Posts
Sidney i want your job when you retire
eirlink is online now Find More Posts by eirlink
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 07:40 PM
Tahoe Ed is offline
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
14,058 Posts
Get in line. Sidney thank you. I don't have an Android device so I guess that I will be waiting a while longer. I would imagine that the Tx/Rx combo will require the modification to move from CE specs to FCC like was done with the Vision. It is a very cool little package and the ability to start and stop video and frame pictures before you take is great. That is something that the H3-2D lacks right now.

More specs from online,

Key features of thePhantom FC40:
5.8G remote controller and receiver
Highly efficient propellors
Self-tightening propellerfixing
Light weight 2.4G Wi-Fi camera with 720p/30fps HD video
User friendly IOS app for First Person View(FPV)
10x digital zoom function while in FPV
Low latency live preview
Cameracontrol landcapture via mobile phone
Capture images and record video while flying
In-phone album synchronization

Phantom FC40 camera specifications:
Image sensor: HD720p/30fps
Resolution: 1280*720
Lens: Aperture F2.2
FOV: 100 degree wide angle
Focal range: minimum 25cm
Wireless: IEEE802.11 b/g compliance
Wireless mode: Direct mode
Mobile Wi-Fi video size: WQVGA
Storage: Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC up to 64GB
Battery: Built-in 700 mAh Li-ion battery
Weight:38g

$569 appears to be the price point and the retailers are saying availability will be the end of the month or the beginning of January.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2013, 07:52 PM
blade strike is offline
Find More Posts by blade strike
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
16,554 Posts
Wow Santa came early for Sidney
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2013, 08:15 PM
TonyTypeS is offline
Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Registered User
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,540 Posts
Will the camera available separately? Would be cool to try it out since I already have a Phantom
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 08:24 PM
Tahoe Ed is offline
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
14,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Will the camera available separately? Would be cool to try it out since I already have a Phantom
But not a 5.8gHz Phantom. That is the key. They may have the Tx/Rx combo available as spare parts later. Speculation on my part.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2013, 08:32 PM
sidneyw is offline
Find More Posts by sidneyw
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Will the camera available separately? Would be cool to try it out since I already have a Phantom
Tony, at least you can use it as baby monitor using either iPhone or Android.

I am using the same radio from Vision ... rebinding to FC40. I don't like to carry too many radios with me.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:20 PM
TonyTypeS is offline
Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Registered User
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,540 Posts
Oh I just notice DJI is using a 5.8 radio with the new Phantom FC40. Should have read more lol Sidney how did you know I was going to try to use it as a baby monitor haha
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:45 PM
Tahoe Ed is offline
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
14,058 Posts
He is a grandpa. Knows all about that stuff.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 13, 2013, 02:27 AM
gervais is online now
Find More Posts by gervais
Made in Germany
Joined Feb 2013
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Will the camera available separately? Would be cool to try it out since I already have a Phantom
If you are able to create a printed holder and get an 5.8 RC..(I bet there will be some at Ebay soon), you can buy the cam here:

http://www.banggood.com/Portable-Mul...e-p-91093.html

At least it looks like the FC40 cam.
gervais is online now Find More Posts by gervais
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
Burntpixel is offline
Find More Posts by Burntpixel
Cinematographer
Burntpixel's Avatar
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2013
3,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Get in line. Sidney thank you. I don't have an Android device so I guess that I will be waiting a while longer. I would imagine that the Tx/Rx combo will require the modification to move from CE specs to FCC like was done with the Vision. It is a very cool little package and the ability to start and stop video and frame pictures before you take is great. That is something that the H3-2D lacks right now.

More specs from online,

Key features of thePhantom FC40:
5.8G remote controller and receiver
Highly efficient propellors
Self-tightening propellerfixing
Light weight 2.4G Wi-Fi camera with 720p/30fps HD video
User friendly IOS app for First Person View(FPV)
10x digital zoom function while in FPV
Low latency live preview
Cameracontrol landcapture via mobile phone
Capture images and record video while flying
In-phone album synchronization

Phantom FC40 camera specifications:
Image sensor: HD720p/30fps
Resolution: 1280*720
Lens: Aperture F2.2
FOV: 100 degree wide angle
Focal range: minimum 25cm
Wireless: IEEE802.11 b/g compliance
Wireless mode: Direct mode
Mobile Wi-Fi video size: WQVGA
Storage: Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC up to 64GB
Battery: Built-in 700 mAh Li-ion battery
Weight:38g

$569 appears to be the price point and the retailers are saying availability will be the end of the month or the beginning of January.
The camera is beyond lame,but I bet you that WiFi repeater module from the Vision would more than likely work with the FC40 and a GoPro Hero3+ as both use the Wireless: IEEE802.11 protocol!
Burntpixel is offline Find More Posts by Burntpixel
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2013, 06:59 PM
sidneyw is offline
Find More Posts by sidneyw
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel View Post
The camera is beyond lame,but I bet you that WiFi repeater module from the Vision would more than likely work with the FC40 and a GoPro Hero3+ as both use the Wireless: IEEE802.11 protocol!
I am trying to find out ...
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2013, 01:52 PM
sidneyw is offline
Find More Posts by sidneyw
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Official release
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-fc40/

Both android and iOS apps are now available.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Phantom FC40 "Owners thread". Burntpixel Multirotor Talk 790 Aug 03, 2015 02:10 PM
Discussion DJI F550 compared to DJI Phantom. DWA Multirotor Talk 54 Jan 12, 2015 05:25 PM
Sold DJI-PHANTOM DJI Phantom Quad Copter RTF ig720 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Apr 29, 2013 07:44 PM
Discussion DJI Phantom or DJI F550? ThePhantomMenace Multirotor Talk 4 Apr 14, 2013 07:18 PM