Old Aug 05, 2015, 10:25 AM
bty
Find More Posts by bty
bty
v
Joined Jan 2014
52 Posts
Hi everyone i have the same issue as “Gordks” has in “report #8041”
My skysurfer come with side wise thrust line , i fitted airplane with wheels and done ground run airplane goes sidewise , and i think it will be the same case in the air
What should i do
Should i centre the motor to green line or it ok to the red line.
bty is offline Find More Posts by bty
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2015, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by Eagle202
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
I got the perfect plan. Send me the old one with nothing in it. Fix up the new one. Over these hot summer months which we both experience I will quickly install everything in the old Bixler including a three axis Gyro. I will then incorporate every recommendation that's been posted on this monster thread that AJ Baker created that he recommends or approves.

I will make these changes so rapidly that I can report back to you before you have completed the new plane as payment for the kindness of you giving me your old Bixler. How about that!

DJ
BTW: I am not on my second glass of wine or could it be the third - I may have lost count.
Dj

I just might take you up on that offer and send you my SS as is maybe minus the motor.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Aug 05, 2015, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by Sculptor
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Dj

I just might take you up on that offer and send you my SS as is maybe minus the motor.
Eagle, why do I want to say Eugene, I will gladly call the closest shipping store to you and make arrangements. Walk-in throw all the parts on the desk and give them the pre-paid shipping number I will provide for you.

I will install a Turnagy 2826/6 2200 KV motor on it with a 6 x 4 master air screw three blade prop on it as I did before it flew great.

I won't do all the crash protection modifications because the plane survives because of its flexibility not its strength. If it hits the ground I want the battery split the nose and eject itself. I want the wings break loose and slide down the carbon rods.

"Weight works against strength" -Henry Ford

your friend DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Aug 06, 2015, 01:40 AM
Find More Posts by farrari
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bty View Post
Hi everyone i have the same issue as “Gordks” has in “report #8041”
My skysurfer come with side wise thrust line , i fitted airplane with wheels and done ground run airplane goes sidewise , and i think it will be the same case in the air
What should i do
Should i centre the motor to green line or it ok to the red line.
Looked at mine, it is slightly to the left , looking from the front.
Yours maybe a little too much.
However, fly it and see how it tracks with all trims , especially rudder and aileron neutral. If you need lots of rudder and aileron to fly STRAIGHT then maybe it is offset too much.
The offset is there because of the torque of the motor which tries to turn your plane left.
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari