HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2013, 11:07 AM
United States, TX, Caldwell
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
I too, have been away for a while. It is great that things are going well for you. What a nice hobby room you will have. You can never have too much space. I read that you were more into flying, not building. I am opposite, love to build and admire, and fly when I get the chance, but like you, I like the scale and detail that the "foamies" have. I do like your idea of having an old wood stove for charging the lipos. Una mas cerveza por favor, senorita!!
Daryl (cwmoss)
cwmoss is offline Find More Posts by cwmoss
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2013, 03:34 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,508 Posts
I am guilty of having about 30 lipos just laying on a work bench in my garage. So inspired by this thread I went to Lowes and picked up this little gem for $60.

It is not fireproof so there are vents where the lid folds down and it is made out of metal. Pretty much an ammo box but with more space. .5 cubic feet isn't to bad, I should be able to fit everything in here.

Edit: Think this may be a little bit to thin. I dont think that if 1 lipo goes off the fire will be hot enough to burn through but if that one ignited 30 others inside it could be a problem. Think I will just go buy a second ammo box. At least that way if a battery goes off in one of the boxes I only loose half my batts.
airbagit13 is offline Find More Posts by airbagit13
Last edited by airbagit13; Sep 05, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Just buy Ammo cases. Dirt cheap and designed to contain fire from shells/bullets going off.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Dec 13, 2013, 07:55 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,150 Posts
This is an update. Almost a year has passed. I have about 90% of my hanger back in order.
GOPR0277 WMV V8 001 (1 min 48 sec)

I just wanted to stress again. Throw away damaged battery's, Charge in some type of fire proof place. I now charge in a wood stove.. and have had a fire again but was contained this time. Don't leave your charging batterys unattended. And don't ever take any aspect of this hobby as toys. I was luck it was a stand alone building. Be serious, it's not child's play. The new hobby room is in a house we are building slowly. I don't take any thing for granted any more. Treat your battery and there charging as if future depends on it.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Dec 13, 2013, 08:28 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
Your hobby room is amazing, thanks for sharing it. I'd wage a bet that there's a fair chance you're better off now than you were a year ago
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Dec 13, 2013, 09:40 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,927 Posts
Spookeay,

Thank you for sharing. That was a great tour of your hanger. BTW
compared to mine your workbench is pretty well organized. I love that
assembly table in the middle of the room.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:21 PM
What Goes Up Must Come Down
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam View Post
Your hobby room is amazing, thanks for sharing it. I'd wage a bet that there's a fair chance you're better off now than you were a year ago
I agree, you certainly have re-built your fleet of planes and now have a wonderful place to work and admire them....well done!!

On another note I noticed on your earlier videos you became out of breath rather easily going up a flight of stairs. Just a bit of friendly advise, if you haven't already I would recommend you get a complete checkup......your being extra safe with your batteries....do the same with your health.
PRNDL is offline Find More Posts by PRNDL
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:35 AM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,990 Posts
Looks like you are ready for this :

Paul Carrack "Don't Shed A Tear" (3 min 40 sec)
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:31 PM
United States, WA, Everett
Joined Aug 2013
205 Posts
I have an old wood stove in my garage that I am going use to charge my batteries and store them too.

-Max
maxnew40 is offline Find More Posts by maxnew40