HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:03 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2007
107 Posts
:-)

Nice!! Thank you for the post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueqd View Post
I added some air ducts today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnwwplzwXe8

The fuse still isn't together, but I'm getting there, lol.
TBello is offline Find More Posts by TBello
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:55 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,799 Posts
Boy , am I happy to find this thread :-))
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:53 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Boy , am I happy to find this thread :-))
Man. I thought you knew about this thread. Welcome.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:11 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,799 Posts
Hehe, had no idea and was getting frustrated to read over thousand posts on the other one LOL
Starting new blog for power settings for all three planes ( since they all can be interchangeable ) So anyone can chip in there.
Why the blog? Its easier to delete crap posts LOL. will post the link when Im done.
In the mean time got new video from 2 days ago with my beat up Skysurfer ( got more beating up done too) LOL but dont want to post it here so I wont pollute the thread :-)
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:37 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Just couldn't stay away from the water. Stayed dry this time though.

Dutchess County Chamber Balloon Festival Pics from the Air in RC Plane (6 min 8 sec)
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:40 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
Just couldn't stay away from the water. Stayed dry this time though.

http://youtu.be/j_MX7ZtwQ2M
video is blocked. Probably due to the music
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:44 PM
Registered User
idletime's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
video is blocked. Probably due to the music
Yep, you can thank EMI
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:36 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Had a minor inflight mechanical failure today... My z-bent rudder pushrod pulled through my control horn in flight, luckily it was just rudder, made for a fish taily like flight though, and had a BEUTIFUL landing :P.

On the crappy side though was low and thick cloud ceiling (entered cloud at around 200 meters, and gave up at about 450 meters to find the topside, VERY DISORIENTING! First time I was forced to fly instrument, but that worked out well enough, just came back down to below cloud level .
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:16 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
OK, lets try it again. They didn't like my choice of music.

Dutchess County Hudson Valley Balloon Festival 2012 from RC Plane Skysurfer (5 min 30 sec)
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:29 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
On the crappy side though was low and thick cloud ceiling (entered cloud at around 200 meters, and gave up at about 450 meters to find the topside, VERY DISORIENTING! First time I was forced to fly instrument, but that worked out well enough, just came back down to below cloud level .
Congratulations! This situation, called VFR flight into IMC (instrument meteorological conditions) kills inexperienced pilots! If you maintained control the whole time you are doing great.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:04 AM
Better then Sliced Bread!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reegor View Post
Congratulations! This situation, called VFR flight into IMC (instrument meteorological conditions) kills inexperienced pilots! If you maintained control the whole time you are doing great.
I used my IMU on the OSD to keep level, and the degrees towards home to maintain my orientation... Certainly confusing because you have NO IDEA what direction you are going, even if you are sideways or upside down or diving, you have NO idea other then instruments :P.
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:43 AM
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I used my IMU on the OSD to keep level, and the degrees towards home to maintain my orientation... Certainly confusing because you have NO IDEA what direction you are going, even if you are sideways or upside down or diving, you have NO idea other then instruments :P.
That would've been very scarey but soo cool at the same time!
It's help having an artificial horizon (like I spose you have).

I only have a nova osd, but if conditions are calm and SS/bix is trimmed out right, it should keep itself level, just need to use a bit of rudder to maintain heading on OSD and maintain needed climb rate.

I really wanna fly into some low cloud now!
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:35 AM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I used my IMU on the OSD to keep level, and the degrees towards home to maintain my orientation... Certainly confusing because you have NO IDEA what direction you are going, even if you are sideways or upside down or diving, you have NO idea other then instruments :P.
Impressive. I have more respect for you. Most people have no sense of direction let alone be able to follow instruments.

It was a good thing you don't have any mountains in that area.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:39 AM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
That would've been very scarey but soo cool at the same time!
It's help having an artificial horizon (like I spose you have).

I only have a nova osd, but if conditions are calm and SS/bix is trimmed out right, it should keep itself level, just need to use a bit of rudder to maintain heading on OSD and maintain needed climb rate.

I really wanna fly into some low cloud now!
To practice you could put tape over the camera lens keep it within LOS and then just use the OSD instruments to keep it level and in controlled flight.

If that is too difficult just go back to LOS and bring it in. Almost like a simulator but in real life.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:51 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Impressive. I have more respect for you. Most people have no sense of direction let alone be able to follow instruments.

It was a good thing you don't have any mountains in that area.
I do! But they don't start for about 2km away from where I fly and in the opposite direction then I usually fly in (because of Fresnel issues with buildings :P).

One thing was for sure, I had no idea the cloud was that thick :P I climbed about 250 meters through that cloud before giving up, I was very close to hitting the RTH switch a couple of times before I decided to just instrument it back, So I just watched the IMU and my compass bearing (headed for myself) and sure enough I emerged from the cloud aiming right at myself nice and level :P.

It does make me feel more confident to do some night flying which I have been really wanting to do.
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Sky Surfer or HK Bixler??? fpsazerbaijan Electric Plane Talk 11 Mar 17, 2012 06:43 AM
Sold 1800kv Motor/prop for Sky Surfer / Bixler / Easy Star tdab Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 1 Nov 01, 2011 05:46 PM
Sold Bixler Sky Surfer Hawk Sky ARF or complete kit porcia83 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 14, 2011 10:24 AM
Discussion Review of my Sky Surfer AKA Bixler , Flew Today for the first time. dllhg Electric Plane Talk 19 Aug 10, 2011 11:41 AM
Discussion Propeller recommendations Bixler/ sky surfer sean11 Power Systems 3 Jun 25, 2011 07:08 AM