Joined May 2007
107 Posts
:-)

Nice!! Thank you for the post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueqd View Post
I added some air ducts today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnwwplzwXe8

The fuse still isn't together, but I'm getting there, lol.
TBello is offline Find More Posts by TBello
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:55 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,799 Posts
Boy , am I happy to find this thread :-))
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Boy , am I happy to find this thread :-))
Man. I thought you knew about this thread. Welcome.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:11 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,799 Posts
Hehe, had no idea and was getting frustrated to read over thousand posts on the other one LOL
Starting new blog for power settings for all three planes ( since they all can be interchangeable ) So anyone can chip in there.
Why the blog? Its easier to delete crap posts LOL. will post the link when Im done.
In the mean time got new video from 2 days ago with my beat up Skysurfer ( got more beating up done too) LOL but dont want to post it here so I wont pollute the thread :-)
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:37 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Just couldn't stay away from the water. Stayed dry this time though.

Dutchess County Chamber Balloon Festival Pics from the Air in RC Plane (6 min 8 sec)
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
Just couldn't stay away from the water. Stayed dry this time though.

http://youtu.be/j_MX7ZtwQ2M
video is blocked. Probably due to the music
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:44 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
video is blocked. Probably due to the music
Yep, you can thank EMI
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:36 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Had a minor inflight mechanical failure today... My z-bent rudder pushrod pulled through my control horn in flight, luckily it was just rudder, made for a fish taily like flight though, and had a BEUTIFUL landing :P.

On the crappy side though was low and thick cloud ceiling (entered cloud at around 200 meters, and gave up at about 450 meters to find the topside, VERY DISORIENTING! First time I was forced to fly instrument, but that worked out well enough, just came back down to below cloud level .
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
OK, lets try it again. They didn't like my choice of music.

Dutchess County Hudson Valley Balloon Festival 2012 from RC Plane Skysurfer (5 min 30 sec)
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:29 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
On the crappy side though was low and thick cloud ceiling (entered cloud at around 200 meters, and gave up at about 450 meters to find the topside, VERY DISORIENTING! First time I was forced to fly instrument, but that worked out well enough, just came back down to below cloud level .
Congratulations! This situation, called VFR flight into IMC (instrument meteorological conditions) kills inexperienced pilots! If you maintained control the whole time you are doing great.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reegor View Post
Congratulations! This situation, called VFR flight into IMC (instrument meteorological conditions) kills inexperienced pilots! If you maintained control the whole time you are doing great.
I used my IMU on the OSD to keep level, and the degrees towards home to maintain my orientation... Certainly confusing because you have NO IDEA what direction you are going, even if you are sideways or upside down or diving, you have NO idea other then instruments :P.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:43 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
I used my IMU on the OSD to keep level, and the degrees towards home to maintain my orientation... Certainly confusing because you have NO IDEA what direction you are going, even if you are sideways or upside down or diving, you have NO idea other then instruments :P.
That would've been very scarey but soo cool at the same time!
It's help having an artificial horizon (like I spose you have).

I only have a nova osd, but if conditions are calm and SS/bix is trimmed out right, it should keep itself level, just need to use a bit of rudder to maintain heading on OSD and maintain needed climb rate.

I really wanna fly into some low cloud now!
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Impressive. I have more respect for you. Most people have no sense of direction let alone be able to follow instruments.

It was a good thing you don't have any mountains in that area.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:39 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
That would've been very scarey but soo cool at the same time!
It's help having an artificial horizon (like I spose you have).

I only have a nova osd, but if conditions are calm and SS/bix is trimmed out right, it should keep itself level, just need to use a bit of rudder to maintain heading on OSD and maintain needed climb rate.

I really wanna fly into some low cloud now!
To practice you could put tape over the camera lens keep it within LOS and then just use the OSD instruments to keep it level and in controlled flight.

If that is too difficult just go back to LOS and bring it in. Almost like a simulator but in real life.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Impressive. I have more respect for you. Most people have no sense of direction let alone be able to follow instruments.

It was a good thing you don't have any mountains in that area.
I do! But they don't start for about 2km away from where I fly and in the opposite direction then I usually fly in (because of Fresnel issues with buildings :P).

One thing was for sure, I had no idea the cloud was that thick :P I climbed about 250 meters through that cloud before giving up, I was very close to hitting the RTH switch a couple of times before I decided to just instrument it back, So I just watched the IMU and my compass bearing (headed for myself) and sure enough I emerged from the cloud aiming right at myself nice and level :P.

It does make me feel more confident to do some night flying which I have been really wanting to do.