HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2013, 09:59 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,703 Posts
Instead of expo, try dailing down the amount of throw. This one does not require much throw in order to roll the plane. I think I have my throws at like 50% for low rate.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2013, 10:10 AM
Capt. Peter
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2012
121 Posts
Pat - I did consider that but still wanted to show you guys the extrem roll rates

I will set it to have half throws for easier flying next time i'm at the field though.
peterules is offline Find More Posts by peterules
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:30 PM
St petersburg Florida
Joined Nov 2004
38 Posts
concord

just got my kit from Pat ...sure is a nice set-up ..got it built ,,waiting for the motor..
Grandstand is offline Find More Posts by Grandstand
Old Mar 28, 2014, 04:17 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,703 Posts
Wow, that was quick. You just got it yesterday evening!

They do build quick, don't they?

Hope you enjoy it!

Pat
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:50 PM
St petersburg Florida
Joined Nov 2004
38 Posts
Concord sst 21in

flew it today ..AB- SO- LOOT-LEE will out fly my twin engine Dynamic Foam Concord SST...I have had lots of flights on my twin ..Pat's 21in Concord is much better ..don't even care too take the twin to the flying field any more ...
Grandstand is offline Find More Posts by Grandstand
Old Apr 01, 2014, 01:27 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,703 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it!

Pat
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:14 PM
United States, PA
Joined Nov 2012
96 Posts
Maidened mine this morning flies great with the 2212-6 motor and a 6x5.5 prop- fairly quick too, built it out of Elmer's brand foamboard which has the paper coating but found it's stiff enough that I was able to eliminate the carbon tube across the wingspan but kept the CF tubes along the wing LE.

Just one question tho.
There's a bit of flex in the wing at the prop canyon, not noticeable in flight but see it move slightly when I pick it up at the middle, should I add some reinforcement along the sides of the canyon? or not be concerned?

Thanx,
Wayne.
Eflyer 1 is offline Find More Posts by Eflyer 1
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:45 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,703 Posts
Wayne,

No need to be concerned. I too have noticed the flex when I pick it up, but it does not seem to affect performance, and I have over 100 flights on my current one.

Keep an eye on your motor and ESC with that 6X5.5 prop. I use 6X4 and stuff still comes down hot. The 6X5.5 may be pushing it.

Pat
Old Nov 26, 2014, 01:03 AM
United States, PA
Joined Nov 2012
96 Posts
Thanks Pat,

For some reason my memory told me the prop was supposed to be a 6x5 so all I had on hand was the 6x5.5

When I came across the plans I had stashed I saw the 6x4 prop spec'd. I am thinking of making holes in the motor mount between the legs of the X mount for some airflow.

So I'll go to the 6x4 but I'm happy with the speed as is (It's just a tad faster than my friend's 480 powered E-flite Mini Ultra Stick and looks to be able to keep up with any of the PZ type foamies. I hope I don't lose too much speed with the 6x4. We'll see.

Wayne.
Eflyer 1 is offline Find More Posts by Eflyer 1
Old Nov 26, 2014, 08:15 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,703 Posts
Wayne,

I clocked mine at about 75mph on the 6X4 prop.

Pat
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:18 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,703 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone wanting to get one of these kits. Earlier this month I decided to shut down Nico Hobbies. The rights to the company may get purchased, and kits may become available again sometime in the future, but that is not set in stone.

In the meantime, I'm selling off the last of the kits I have, including 2 Concordes. This may be your last chance to get one of these without having to cut it out yourself!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292795

Pat