New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
6,178 Posts
Maybe UK is backorder. My new one came with metal retracts installed. This plane flies as good as the A1. Wish they would bring back the A1. I repainted my Corsair to "death rattlers" VMF 323. My customer use to be the CO back in 1955. I'll post some pictures later.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
Find More Posts by muscleflex
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,946 Posts
I've always wanted to get this but then moved to wanting the roc hobby version which i still have not bought and bought a park zone sukhoi instead.
flew with my friend last weekend and he had his park zone p47 and it flew so slow and nice that it's made me want a warbird so i'm back looking at this one
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by braaivleis
Joined Jun 2015
8 Posts
Hi all, I'm soon to be ordering a Spectrum dx6 TX, the receiver that the corsair comes with, would it be a straight forward bind? Have just come across this plane as was looking at durafly micros then saw this and the F4U Corsair is a beauty. Cheers
braaivleis is offline Find More Posts by braaivleis
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by F106DeltaDart
United States, MN, Stillwater
Joined Jan 2011
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braaivleis View Post
Hi all, I'm soon to be ordering a Spectrum dx6 TX, the receiver that the corsair comes with, would it be a straight forward bind? Have just come across this plane as was looking at durafly micros then saw this and the F4U Corsair is a beauty. Cheers
The Corsair doesn't come with a reciever.
F106DeltaDart is offline Find More Posts by F106DeltaDart
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by braaivleis
Joined Jun 2015
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
The Corsair doesn't come with a reciever.
Even better, thanks.
braaivleis is offline Find More Posts by braaivleis
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by Ermilo
United States, CA, Fairfield
Joined Aug 2011
224 Posts
I did a maiden flight with my corsair on Monday. It was tail heavy with the 2200 mah bat so used a 2700. It was still a little tail heavy but not enough to worry. It was a little windy but my first flight was great. This plane is fast. I had to give some down trim and she settled down for a nice flight. I came in with flaps for a beautiful landing. On my second flight when I was approaching I couldn't find the flap switch so I decided to abort landing and go around. As I made my turn down wind I found the flap switch and set my flaps. Well not a good idea when your going down wind. The wind was pushing the plane to the point I lost air speed. It went into a death spiral and I tried to pull up my flaps to gain some airspeed. Not enough altitude to perform any corrections and she went in. Repairable, just broke off the wing at the fuselage. Some Gorilla glue will fix it. Remember, it's not a matter of if, it's only a matter of when.
Ermilo is offline Find More Posts by Ermilo
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
6,178 Posts
Where are you guys putting your ESC? The stock configuration as shipped is usually wrong. Put the ESC in the upper chamber all the way up front. The CG will be off if you can even see the ESC from the canopy area.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Today, 02:16 AM
Find More Posts by muscleflex
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Maybe UK is backorder. My new one came with metal retracts installed. This plane flies as good as the A1. Wish they would bring back the A1. I repainted my Corsair to "death rattlers" VMF 323. My customer use to be the CO back in 1955. I'll post some pictures later.
dont forget to post photos!!!!
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex